Default The Free Companions

Posted once in guild listing forums, I have had some ppl in game ask about guild and figured a quick history would answer some questions.

Guild was founded by Milkshake/Coffee and several members of Adventus Excertus, one of the earlier powergaming guilds on the original Khyber server.
    The guild had alot of great players in its early days Emu, Crono, Prynce, Itrainz, Bourbon, Axer, Nelat, Hodeoten, Magnificence, Aesculapius, Brawler etc. It merged with Underworld Legion at one point and got members like Salima, Krumm, Perfection then Odyn. It was right around this time I joined. I had played since launch and had been both independent and a member of LOTH and LORE. Earlier this year Milk stopped playing and leadership fell to me. Approx 4 months ago right around the release of MOD 4 we merged with another great guild Golden Rule who had great players like Twoheals, Tabytha, Ages, Imij, Shey and many others. We renamed the guild the Horde which was the name we were known under when the servers merged. Eventually it was decided that there wasnt much player identification with the guild tag and we went back to the Free Companions moniker. Along the way we have picked up lots of cool ppl (Spyral, Buddy, Dubs, Abbigayle, Bus, Arnix, Phage, Toohotz, Wuv, Hallz, and countless others). Many members have come and gone with the updates but the constant has remained the same. We raid and in general play alot and I would put up the best players that our guild has as equal to anyone elses. And we have a blast doing so. We arent really recruitiing actively but if you happen to be in a group with us and are interested ask and who knows.

In any case a short history for those curious. Good luck and good hunting.

Default Good to see you

I remember playing with you and many of the people you mention in Loth and Lore. It is always good to see old faces still in the game.

--Redhood

Default Loth and Lore

Only ppl in that list that were old loth and lorites apart from me were Buddy and Dubs. We do have some other ppl in guild that were from that guild all total about 10. Good to see you too Redhood, if I remember correctly Greeka and I invited you into Loth and Lore way back when . That was forever ago.

Yes, it was you and Greeka. It does seem very long ago, things change so quickly in this game. That is especially true of guilds, but good people are always there.

Tulsa is a great town (lives in eastern ok)

I waited for a while before posting this...hoping that somebody else would make this observation. But, it hasn't happenned so here it is:

The Free Companions can trace their origin to the works of Robert E. Howard (during the heyday of Weird Tales). The member of this guild, that caught Howards eye, was a certain Cimmerian Barbarian who was named CONAN. As a member of the Free Companions (indeed he became a leader by his own sword) he harried the borders of Koth, Zamora and Turan. He was forced to leave the Free Companions just before his adventure on the Island of the Iron Statues (a quest that has gone down in Sword-and-Sorcery history).

So, the Free Companions can list among their previous members, no-one less than Conan the Barbarian himself...and can safely trace their origin back to the Hyborian Age (between the sinking of Atlantis and the dawn of recorded history).

Best of luck to this proud group...in this modern age of Stormreach! May they successfully fight off the pirates of Conan's other guild, the Red Brotherhood.