Thread: Timeout

Default Timeout

I spent a long time writing a post only to be told I was not logged in when I went to post it.

It is incredibly frustrating that this STILL happens here.

Do you think it would bepossible to increase the time one has to write a post before being unceremoniously logged out? Even better remove this effect altogether.

Now I have to go back and write my post AGAIN. Thank you all very much.
    Tiamo Grey - Wizard L5 (formerly L24 Grand Wizard of Niole Dra, Keoland.....)

Community Member

I tend to have the habit of writing long posts and as such have learned this lesson a long time ago. It's a common setting for many larger forums.

Typically, upon finishing a long post, the first thing I do is select all text and copy it, before submitting it. In case I got timed out, I only need to relog in and paste it it back, and all is good.

For some posts I know will be very long, I will write it in Word or something similar first and then just paste it into the forums.

Agreed, I do this too. The point is, I shouldn't have to. It never happens on any other forum I go to, only here.
    Tiamo Grey - Wizard L5 (formerly L24 Grand Wizard of Niole Dra, Keoland.....)

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Not sure if you are able to, but checking the 'Remember Me' box at signin means no timeouts ever. Of course, if you are not on a private computer, it's not a good idea to use.