Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Ahh there we go 'guessing'
    So your assuming that because the people you know have all their capped characters that EVERYONE has all of their characters capped and wouldn't enjoy playing a lower level? I don't think that 90% is a very fair number to base your argument on. Pop open the 'who' menu and do a search by level. When I did I counted 27 people between levels 4-9 and that was just in one moment of time. Seems like a decent number to me, I could be wrong though.

    Also not every event is for every character. Staggering them with level limits is a good way to be fair to players of every level.
    Having a low level event like this is a great way to get newer players involved in the community so we could have a little bit of player retention.


    Not a fantastic weapon but certainly unique mid level item due to the fact it drains cha.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=119053


    I personally would consider a vorpal a high level item... I could be wrong though.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ighlight=Trade

    I'm sorry you think that impromptu and fun little events that have a unique little session flair to "break the loot runs, favor grinding and whining about how turbine doesn't care about us" is a daming quality of turbine's. If that's how you feel, then regardless of if I agree with you or not, your entitled to it.

    Also if your going to attack me directly like that, you should make sure you box can hold you and your (lack of?) ammo.
    Mine feels pretty sturdy....

    good day to you....
    /me stands up and claps heartily. "Hear, hear!!"

    "Opinions are like armpits, everyone's got a couple and they all stink!"

    Sure everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the negative opinions may have the effect of ruining future events for those of us that did enjoy it. A more appropriate response would be to say "Hey , yeah, that was cool, but could ya do this next time too?" Or something to that effect.

    If all a player cares about is loot runs ( in a fabricated world ... ??? oops that's just MY armpit/opinion ) then by all means, go do em and leave the events alone. Maybe you'll find the Sword of 1000 Truths, and can then rest easy, knowing you are the leetest, uberest of them all.

    So, hey, have fun, have your own opinions, whatever. Just don't rain on the parade.

    And BTW, MOST of my characters are lvl 7-9. I have played since Beta. I have never been criticized or otherwise indicated that I was a bad player, I just play in several static groups, and have a limited # of hours per week to play.

    And I have never known Katrina to stand on anything but solid ground.

  2. #22
    Live Events Sir_Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashka_Coolwater View Post
    I think it was pretty cool for Turbine to do something on the National (or maybe International?) Talk Like a Pirate Day! I don't know if it was thier intent but that is what I took it at.. yee Scurvy Dogs!! It was a fun addition and since Three Barrel Cove is for that level range on quests through elite... AND it has Pirates.. AND pirate music at the Salty Wench.. AND.. saucey wenches (*dont forget your disease immunity items*) .. that is what seemed to really be what may or may not determine it.
    I wouldn't have done the Pirate Cove event on the 19th of September for this reason at all. Or would I? Only the Sovereigns will ever know.

    I have run this event spontaneously in the past as well, but it was fun to spring it on everyone for a whole night! We wanted it to be a surprise!

  3. #23
    Community Member flytrap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Grand Forks AFB, ND
    Posts
    17

    Default 2 Cp...

    (here's my 2 copper peices)

    *steps up onto a box and clears throat*

    I have seen all the lovers and the haters make their posts... the haters are a little too down on it, the lovers are a little too fanboi-ish...

    I knew nothing of it happening that day... or any other day till a friend pointed me here... Don't lurk in the forums much... if the community events were more frequent, or it appended your character sheet in some way that others looking at you saw (how about when you inspect someone that has an item equiped it shows that they have a Unique community event reward?) then I'd be more impressed....

    BUT, I do like to participate in hte events... I HAVE won one item and it was cool as hell, but I don't know what it was any more and can't identify it any more as it has no SPECIAL identifier....

    there were a few people that had some reccomendations on how to have these events bigger/better/faster/harder/MORE INTERESTING to the masses...

    Sir Laurance- if you want to draw in more participation, how about more heads-up notice (like the log-in message?) of have them more frequently.... I have heard the rumors of the TASTY HAM hidden thingy of turning in a certain amount of hams to someone that you Sometiimes get when a XC ball hits you... I have several hams now *looks to see if Kargon is lurking nearby*
    Last edited by flytrap; 09-22-2007 at 03:34 PM.
    Hello World!
    Beyowulf- {L14 Barb/Thf} He cuts a bloody swath through the competition
    Litening- [L 14 Wiz]
    Anorak- working to be the worst healer on the server!

  4. #24
    Community Member Uamhas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,553

    Default


    (nice daft punk plug there flytrap, *snicker*)
    Sounded like great good fun. I remember the first time I saw this particular event on Thelanis... (I'm horrible at remembering dates) Both times I wasn't fast enough to get in on it. I imagine the spontaneity of the thing is part of the appeal, especially considering that on both dates that I observed these events the time between +Sir Lawrence's initial request and the "we're full" announcement was less than 5 minutes. The Salty Wench was packed tight by that point... Wow, what a mob it would be if people knew about it ahead of time, and could plan to be there. Incidently... for those people that prefer a little advance warning... There is some kind of upcoming event being planned... but I don't need to tell all y'all that as I'm SURE I'm not the only one that saw the thread +Sir Lawrence started about +Turkey Vulture? (aka +Tchurvul).
    (Hint: Live Event: Emerald Conspiracy sticky)
    No I am not an employee/official representative of Turbine.
    Last edited by Uamhas; 09-22-2007 at 08:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beol
    AA is a river with currents both of a profound acceptance of individuality and of a certain love for brutal efficiency.
    ~ Oloth's Tale ~ xX-----==<<<Yes, I roleplay. Get over it.>>>==-----Xx


  5. #25
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    Ahh there we go 'guessing'
    So your assuming that because the people you know have all their capped characters that EVERYONE has all of their characters capped and wouldn't enjoy playing a lower level? I don't think that 90% is a very fair number to base your argument on. Pop open the 'who' menu and do a search by level. When I did I counted 27 people between levels 4-9 and that was just in one moment of time. Seems like a decent number to me, I could be wrong though.

    Also not every event is for every character. Staggering them with level limits is a good way to be fair to players of every level.
    Having a low level event like this is a great way to get newer players involved in the community so we could have a little bit of player retention.


    Not a fantastic weapon but certainly unique mid level item due to the fact it drains cha.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=119053


    I personally would consider a vorpal a high level item... I could be wrong though.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ighlight=Trade

    I'm sorry you think that impromptu and fun little events that have a unique little session flair to "break the loot runs, favor grinding and whining about how turbine doesn't care about us" is a daming quality of turbine's. If that's how you feel, then regardless of if I agree with you or not, your entitled to it.

    Also if your going to attack me directly like that, you should make sure you box can hold you and your (lack of?) ammo.
    Mine feels pretty sturdy....

    good day to you....
    First of all, reading comprehension goes a long way. 90% of characters, AGIAN I AM GUESSING, have capped characters not ALL CAPPED characters. I base this on a very simple concept.... there are less people coming into the game as new players vs. the amount of people that have been here long enough to at least cap a character.

    Advance warning allows us players that don't have the levels to participate a chance to at least work on a character to prepare. If Turbine did a high level only event there would be a larger number participating because more would actually have characters prepared that qualified. Advance warning of a low level event would allow the same amount to participate because it's easy to level a character to four. I do think you need a mix of both high level and low level events, I am really most ****ed that the event goes by and the only alert that most have is the red text in their chat window.

    Basically, more notice of upcoming events will solve a lot of these problems. Do you know how many people events like these would draw back to the game that are currently on hiatus until new content comes out? How are these people that log in maybe once a week supposed to get a renewed hope for the game when they log in and hear there was an event that passed them by and it was only advertised for like a day on the forums? In my opinion this is no way to handle these events. The Jester arriving around the holidays was handled perfectly. There was plenty of notice and it created a buzz around the town. That was the way to handle these events, big or small.

    Marlak
    Last edited by todd31; 09-23-2007 at 04:21 PM.

  6. #26
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashka_Coolwater View Post
    Hey Marlik here is an ongoing event that has been posted for a bit and didn't want you to miss it. Emerald Claw Conspiracy

    I think its coming to Sarlona around 10pm est. Have fun!
    That's awesome. Thanks for the heads up. I love this stuff. I will be on the lookout for sure. Thanks again.

    Marlak

  7. #27
    Community Member The_Feared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Away from you
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Geez… That’s really fair! Like I said earlier it’s not that the item is that entirely fetching

    At least give the patron who capped out all his characters the opportunity to win the item as well

    "I wouldn't mind having that bandanna on my lvl 14 WF barbarian just for the graphics!"

    Don't shaft the collectors of Sarlona or the entire DDO community

  8. #28
    Community Member Kronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lawrence View Post
    I wouldn't have done the Pirate Cove event on the 19th of September for this reason at all. Or would I? Only the Sovereigns will ever know.

    I have run this event spontaneously in the past as well, but it was fun to spring it on everyone for a whole night! We wanted it to be a surprise!
    I think it is great that you hold random live events good Sir Lawrence.

    The reason I am quoting your statement, is becasue after reading most of these post and the post following yours, I can see that a lot of people didnt seem to read your post. Its good to add your opinions on what might make this game better and Im sure there is a place for that, but Sit Lawrence clearly states that he wanted this to be a SUPRISE!

    If he gave you advance notice, it wouldn't be a suprise now would it!
    Proud Officer of - Big Cash Mercs - Sarlona

    Kronikius IV / Archy III / Kodiac III / Mello III / Magillicuty II / Gimmik III / Chabada II / Wolfboy III

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload