Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 28
  1. #1
    Live Events Sir_Lawrence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    104

    Exclamation Pirate Cove Event

    Go here for details on a special one night event!

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=121573

  2. #2
    Founder TheDoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    East Coast, Australia
    Posts
    276

    Default

    Who would want that item..>??

    You can keep it buddy.
    He asked us "Be you Angels..??"
    And we said "Nay...We are but Men..! Rock On..!!!"

  3. #3
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    It's one of those I want to look good, who cares how good my stats are items. I imagine it will be an item a role player might be interested in. Thanks for the unique loot offer I guess. Whoever gets that item should wear it with pride.

    Marlak

  4. #4
    Community Member The_Feared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Away from you
    Posts
    145

    Default

    *ROFL* 1 word .... Weaksauce
    Last edited by The Feared; 09-20-2007 at 03:34 AM.

  5. #5
    Community Member Katrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a gum drop house on lollipop lane!
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Call it what you will but it's a +5 hide item thats useable at lvl 1. I think it would be great for sneaky lowbies
    *keep in mind too the event was for lvl's 4-9....*
    Meh.....

  6. #6
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,814

    Default

    It's nice to give what a 3 hour notice? I would have actually gone just to try and get another "rare" item. But since i didn't know till i woke this morning, I missed it.
    So, anyone know many bandana's were found or received?

  7. #7
    Founder & Hero Jastron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Lakehurst, NJ
    Posts
    279

    Default

    I think a party of three won them on Sarlona. Then we all partied in the Salty Wench.
    On Sarlona: Justin, Bry, Karoneth, Koto, Combatant, Kendu, Narnak, Mythanthor, Jastron, Brendin.
    Guildmaster, The Brotherhood of Redemption
    www.borguild.com

  8. #8
    Community Member The_Feared's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Away from you
    Posts
    145

    Default

    C'mon now! People that don't have a level 4-9 characters should not be penalize for a give away events! thats just wrong and inconsiderate

    Even if the item its not as fetching as most... how about the people who likes to collect items just for keepsakes

    Uberly weaksauce!

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Faerun
    Posts
    807

    Default

    I don't mind the level restriction, even if I do or don't have one in that range.

    But c'mon... give something that people in that range will find useful!

    Yeah, it's wearable at level 1. A hide of +5 on a hat is unique, but at levels 4 to 9, for people who sneak, there's usually already a very important item on the head. Int +2 and hide+5, now that would have been worthy of both the level and the rareness. Perhaps a +1 to dex, as it's light and airy and makes you feel faster?

    As it is, it's a black bandana. It's biggest draw is its rarity.

    C'mon, throw us a bone, here. You don't have to be a loot hound to know that it is pretty silly.
    Last edited by Spookydodger; 09-20-2007 at 04:44 PM.
    _________________________
    Give us better (any) testing tools on Risia and help stop the reign of obvious, and silly, bugs!

    Quote Originally Posted by EP_Harlow
    "At times, death alone bears the memo regarding a change in strategy." -EP Harlow

  10. #10
    Community Member Kronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Nice...
    Proud Officer of - Big Cash Mercs - Sarlona

    Kronikius IV / Archy III / Kodiac III / Mello III / Magillicuty II / Gimmik III / Chabada II / Wolfboy III

  11. #11
    Community Member Knightrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicky-G
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Granted it's a roleplayers item. Still, sounds like fun. Something different.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

    The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

  12. #12
    Community Member Taur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    363

    Default

    this is perhaps more insulting than anything. booooo turbine boooooo

  13. #13
    Community Member liamfrancais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    815

    Default

    WOW some whiny people out there never satisfied with anything. I had fun in the live event saw the call switched characters found a pick up group from those in the salty wench and went looking we had a blast, and basically that is the point of a "game" to have fun. It may not have been uber loot but come on why does everything have to be, it is unique and if I got one damn straight my WF would wear it with pride!
    Your faithful servant of the Silver Flame,
    Liamfrancais
    Liamfrancais- Human Pally 16 (Mythical), Balto-Drow Sorc 16 (Mythical), Baltaz-Drow Rgr 16 (Forgotten Legion), Adarforged-WF Barb 16 (Mythical), Bringit-Dwarf FTR/barb 12/4 (Just Me), Zudomon-Elf wiz 15 (Twisted Fate), Rudadonna-H clr 16 (Mythical)

  14. #14
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liamfrancais View Post
    WOW some whiny people out there never satisfied with anything. I had fun in the live event saw the call switched characters found a pick up group from those in the salty wench and went looking we had a blast, and basically that is the point of a "game" to have fun. It may not have been uber loot but come on why does everything have to be, it is unique and if I got one damn straight my WF would wear it with pride!
    Your faithful servant of the Silver Flame,
    Liamfrancais
    You assume that loot isn't the root of fun for some or most. You assume wrong. For me the most fun I have in game is questing with pals for the best loot, named or not. I have not burned out yet and I have been here from the beginning.

    If Turbine held this type of event more often it would be cool. Since once in a blue moon they do this at least give away an item that can be used though the levels. The fun of the event has passed and all that is left is the loot. An event like this once a month with unique loot for all levels would make me very happy with every event.

    In my opinion this is just a poor move on Turbines part when they have more people exiting the game then they do coming in. I know, how do I know this? If there were more people coming in they would have added servers or left them alone instead of merging. So... why are people leaving? I assume mostly endgamers that are bored. From my experience all the folks I have seen leave had most of the named loot, did all the quests in the game and became bored.

    So, why give out a useless item to levels 4 to 9 when you have so many maxed out toons drooling over new content and loot? Maybe because eventually roleplayers will be the only survivors is my guess if I had to make one. Eventually it will take more outside the box thinking to keep interest in this game. The black bandanna will be good for a very low level toon or roleplayer and that is it. Follow this event up with a dragon attack in the marketplace with a big fat chest and unique reward and all would be awesome.

    Marlak

  15. #15
    Founder & Hero cdbd3rd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Escaping Mizzery in the Tavern Attic.
    Posts
    22,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liamfrancais View Post
    WOW some *dis-satisfied* people out there never satisfied with anything. .....
    Liamfrancais
    /Seconded. I missed it all, but watching yet again that any attempt by +Reps to get involved in the game gets them a rash of crud from a bunch of folks...

    I woulda loved one of those black bandanas for my 14 rogue. She's a bit primpy about her looks.
    (Didn't check to see if they were bound.)
    Last edited by cdbd3rd; 09-21-2007 at 10:19 AM.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual


  16. #16
    Community Member liamfrancais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    815

    Default

    Q posted that there will be more events like this and I am sure over a wider level range. Probably they are feeling it out getting the bugs out and taking our minds off of MOD 5 delays. I did play with a guy last night been in game for a month and a half, asked him how he liked "like it much better then the 9 years is gave to everquest". Live events like this are not for everyone some like to loot run, hell I like to loot run, and see what is in the chest, still waiting for that ring of the djinn, maybe I should not call others whiny and I do apologize all are entitled to their opinion but I feel good things are on the horizon so until then happy gaming.
    Your faithful servant of the Silver Flame,
    Liamfrancais

    P.S. A little rambling I know but in the middle to about 10 things here.
    Liamfrancais- Human Pally 16 (Mythical), Balto-Drow Sorc 16 (Mythical), Baltaz-Drow Rgr 16 (Forgotten Legion), Adarforged-WF Barb 16 (Mythical), Bringit-Dwarf FTR/barb 12/4 (Just Me), Zudomon-Elf wiz 15 (Twisted Fate), Rudadonna-H clr 16 (Mythical)

  17. #17
    Community Member Katrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a gum drop house on lollipop lane!
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    So how many mid level players would be ****ed if it was 11-14 lvl characters fighting elder beholders, storm giants and rhakshasa in the Lobster?
    oh......
    That's happened allready.
    Because the event people wanted to include mid level characters in some event fun everybody is crapping on them? Man I do NOT envy any Turbine staff. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't....

    P.S. Mud,
    Sheelagh won one of the bandanas, she showed it to me it's pretty sweet looking on her lowbie!
    Meh.....

  18. #18
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katrina View Post
    So how many mid level players would be ****ed if it was 11-14 lvl characters fighting elder beholders, storm giants and rhakshasa in the Lobster?
    oh......
    That's happened allready.
    Because the event people wanted to include mid level characters in some event fun everybody is crapping on them? Man I do NOT envy any Turbine staff. They're damned if they do and damned if they don't....

    P.S. Mud,
    Sheelagh won one of the bandanas, she showed it to me it's pretty sweet looking on her lowbie!

    Not as many mid levels out there I would guess. 90% of players have capped toons. Not everyone has a 4 through 9.

    Advance warning in game would be great, at least more than a day or two. I don't recall a promoted event with a named item dropping for higher level folks. I know it happened but I don't recall them promoting it with the item like they did this event.

    Basically Turbine is just damned when they do everything last minute and without rhyme or reason.

    If you are going to step up on a box and try and make an argument at least make sure your box isn't made from balsa wood.

    Good day to you.

    Marlak

  19. #19
    Community Member Katrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    In a gum drop house on lollipop lane!
    Posts
    1,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todd31 View Post
    Not as many mid levels out there I would guess. 90% of players have capped toons. Not everyone has a 4 through 9.

    Advance warning in game would be great, at least more than a day or two. I don't recall a promoted event with a named item dropping for higher level folks. I know it happened but I don't recall them promoting it with the item like they did this event.

    Basically Turbine is just damned when they do everything last minute and without rhyme or reason.

    If you are going to step up on a box and try and make an argument at least make sure your box isn't made from balsa wood.

    Good day to you.

    Marlak

    Ahh there we go 'guessing'
    So your assuming that because the people you know have all their capped characters that EVERYONE has all of their characters capped and wouldn't enjoy playing a lower level? I don't think that 90% is a very fair number to base your argument on. Pop open the 'who' menu and do a search by level. When I did I counted 27 people between levels 4-9 and that was just in one moment of time. Seems like a decent number to me, I could be wrong though.

    Also not every event is for every character. Staggering them with level limits is a good way to be fair to players of every level.
    Having a low level event like this is a great way to get newer players involved in the community so we could have a little bit of player retention.


    Not a fantastic weapon but certainly unique mid level item due to the fact it drains cha.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=119053


    I personally would consider a vorpal a high level item... I could be wrong though.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...ighlight=Trade

    I'm sorry you think that impromptu and fun little events that have a unique little session flair to "break the loot runs, favor grinding and whining about how turbine doesn't care about us" is a daming quality of turbine's. If that's how you feel, then regardless of if I agree with you or not, your entitled to it.

    Also if your going to attack me directly like that, you should make sure you box can hold you and your (lack of?) ammo.
    Mine feels pretty sturdy....

    good day to you....
    Meh.....

  20. #20
    Community Member Kronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kashka_Coolwater View Post
    Okay guys.. its a given fact that no matter what.. not everyone can be satisfied. I think it was pretty cool for Turbine to do something on the National (or maybe International?) Talk Like a Pirate Day! I don't know if it was thier intent but that is what I took it at.. yee Scurvy Dogs!! It was a fun addition and since Three Barrel Cove is for that level range on quests through elite... AND it has Pirates.. AND pirate music at the Salty Wench.. AND.. saucey wenches (*dont forget your disease immunity items*) .. that is what seemed to really be what may or may not determine it. I mean.. you cant be fighting pirates in the bogwater tavern...

    For my own part.. I love community events and I really don't care if a reward is uber or not. I like having my wayfinder scepter because it looks like a sparkler when I equip it. I would have loved to get in a group for a bandana because it looks cool... I don't care what it does. I want one because it was for a specific event at a specific time.. it looks different than all the vendor loot you continute to ransack out of a chest. PLUS... the events are fun! Some of the best times I have had have included being in the pit of the pheonix taver fighting an army of beholders that +tchurval spawned... or being stuck inside a tiny foyer when a Storm Giant appeared and filled the ENTIRE room. I am hoping the festival jester comes back for another coal fight in the pit.

    The community is what you make it. This is OUR community and the best way to get something out of it, instead of waiting for a game company to drop something in your lap, is to get out there and have fun.. participate and give to your community. Add to it in a positive way. If you just want to run loot runs.. go ahead! There are alot of people you can find to join in that endeavor. Want to hold an naked barefisted barroom brawl in the pit? Go for it! Run your own tournament or contest. This community is really what we all make it.. as members of the community. Noone forces yah to participate in a pirate day event anymore than they force you to run the crucible for the 5357th time. .. The main thing.. go out.. have fun.. enjoy your pals and the people you meet in game and be a part of something positive.

    See you all in game!

    NICE!!!!!!!!
    Proud Officer of - Big Cash Mercs - Sarlona

    Kronikius IV / Archy III / Kodiac III / Mello III / Magillicuty II / Gimmik III / Chabada II / Wolfboy III

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload