I just wanted to let you all know that we have made some revisions the infraction system.
If you've ever received a warning or infraction, you may notice some wonkiness in your infraction record. For example, your infraction description may say something different than you originally received the infraction for. However, your point total has not changed.
You'll be happy to hear we've also revamped the infractions to be a bit more community friendly:
The points-to-ban thresholds remain as they always have:
- Most of the infractions now have an expiration date. Your points may expire after a period of good behavior, however, if you continue to violate the guidelines, this expiration date is extended for each infraction you receive. Also, for the more severe violations, the infraction points are permanent.
- Many of the infraction point values have been adjusted to friendlier levels. This does not mean you may misbehave more often. We will be less lenient if you violate the rules, than we have been in the past.
- Most infraction descriptions are now very specific and now quote which forum guideline has been violated to better explain why the infraction has been given.
- As always, Turbine reserves the right to assign custom infractions of varying point values and expiration duration should it be necessary.
If you have any questions on these changes, please do not hesitate to ask.
- 10 points = 24 hour time out
- 15 points = 72 hour time out
- 20 points = Permanent Ban from the forums