Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,040 of 3534
    Hatchery Founder
    2014 DDO Players Council

Really makes me wonder seeing some of these additions. Do you think perhaps the shards, or the discs change the upgrades? I figure it's worth trying.
    RedShirt / Roleplayer of Giant Slayers, Inc. on Thelanis, formerly Tharashk.
    Member of the DDO Player Council

Coldin-Artificer; Lynton-Bard; Alydyn-Swashbuckler;
    Takai-
    Monk; Rosein-Paladin; Ellyiana-Cleric; Aurixs-Sorcerer

only 1 of each shard works in the dreamforge far as i know as for discs time will tell took me about 6 hrs to get enuff so yeh im grinded out and sick of the content now

Wow, what a bunch of **** upgrades. Although from looking at them, it seems that they are not random. I find it hard to believe that the Shock Rahl's just HAPPENED to pick up Shocking Burst.

At least the quests are super easy, and you can ransack them for high ML end reward items. Several of the ones I saw had good potential, a +5 holy burst handaxe of greater...vermin bane. If the bane had been decent, that'd be a heck of an item.

Will wait a couple days to see more results from the upgrades, and then the crystal bits are all going in the trash. None of these upgrades look worth losing bind to account.

Quote Originally Posted by FrostBeard View Post
    BEFORE & AFTER - 1 crystal disc 1 terror sword used
    >.> <.< that makes me sad. I actually didn't mind using my terror from time to time. The PK from Crits actually does hit things, I've had it proc on 3 mobs at once before due to GTHF was pretty sexy. But Intimidate + Deception as the Suppressed power makes me sad. Fearsome only really matters if stuff are attacking you, as dps if you don't pull aggro then you can ignore that part, but adding intimidate to it makes it a little discouraging on the weapons part. Hopefully as someone said before that the discs are kinda like DT and random-ish. But seeing the Shock verison of Rahl's Might lose it's Shock and gain Shocking Burst seems that they aren't random >.>

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarrant
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Karters View Post

upgraded the gloves, after a whole bunch of grinding

ROTFLMAO.

I'm so happy. I do hope these are static upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by hydra_ex View Post
    The greater evocation focus isn't even that good. Not much has a high enough reflex save to save consistently, and the few things that do will save most of the time anyways - unless you want to enervate it just to deal some substandard damage. Still, the most useful effect is the clicky, so not a big upgrade there. At least its still +7 cool-looking of pure awsome.
    implosion is an evocation spell as well.

Caffeine, We aren't strategically savvy!™.
    Video Archive of Quests

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shandi View Post
    need to see if the other staves all turn into shocking burst or if force turns to force burst, axiomatic turns to axiomatic burst etc

I wonder what Impact would turn into if these are all different?
    I am hoping weighted
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Quote Originally Posted by violentend View Post
    i Am Hoping Weighted
    1%?

Community Member

Default light and darkness

Last edited by buffsrule; 12-16-2009 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by buffsrule View Post

Dude, your pic aint showing up. Read to me.

Community Member

look again lol

Hmm...it's not that bad of a shield still.
    +5, Superior Stability, Protection+4, Resistance +4, DR3/-, Adamantine, Mithral, DR 5/Epic, Bashing.

DRs don't stack so it's 5 vs All but Some Epic Creatures and Weapons and 3 for the rest. Kinda would of been interesting if that +15 Intimidate could of been put on that instead of Terror =P

Argo: Saveric(18Pal/2Ftg), Daehawk(20Wiz), Syverious(13Rog/6Rng/1Ftr), Katasuki(8Mnk)
    (Guild): [Guild] +Tarrant: And then there was the whole "Wait is that me? Rewind. Pause! Looks like my shirt. Think those are my shoes. Definitely my legs.

Community Member

well terror seems like a huge waste of essences and i feel sorry for the guy that wasted his. personally i would prefer to keep that one bta. but i guess it would make some extra use of tharne's goggles.

i didnt expect that for titans grip but seeing as a lot of casters use +6 str items i can see them upgrading these

as for greater evo focus... thats just awesome. seriously who with the right mind would rather farm dragon scales when you could get the regalia upgraded 20x faster and easier (not to mention without a party for the most part)

fact is none of these items are really all that 'rare' but they are still powerful for what they are despite not being better than your 3yr collection of rares. its an easy way to get some really cool items

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.

Yeah I just wasted essences to try and test if Terror had another variant...The answer is hell no it's a PoS and the dev responsible should apologize! WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF TIN FOIL THAT CAN'T EVEN BYPASS THE DEVOURER'S DR????
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    Yeah I just wasted essences to try and test if Terror had another variant...The answer is hell no it's a PoS and the dev responsible should apologize! WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO WITH THIS WORTHLESS PIECE OF TIN FOIL THAT CAN'T EVEN BYPASS THE DEVOURER'S DR????

Well, you could ***** and moan.

Since you have that angle covered, the rest of us will try other strategies.

Any sufficiently advanced bureaucracy is indistinguishable from molasses.

Quote Originally Posted by Junts View Post
    Well, you could ***** and moan.

Since you have that angle covered, the rest of us will try other strategies.
    you're welcome

Honestly, who thought that would be a good upgrade. They could have at least made it unholy or something to keep with the whole theme...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Huxley
    There is no greater mistake than the hasty conclusion that opinions are worthless because they are badly argued
    Turbine, you can hire more developers for the game. We operate on a giant Theocracy of Debt, so go all out finding developers for the best MMO out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ranmaru2 View Post
    you're welcome

Honestly, who thought that would be a good upgrade. They could have at least made it unholy or something to keep with the whole theme...
    Sad that it is what it is. Unholy would of been sexy.Or to go with the PK them could of added Slay Living Guard or Aspect of Negative Energy II effect: On-Hit chance, Slay any living enemy, successful DC 30 Fortitude Save takes 3d6. This is one I am going to keep BtA I suppose.

Edit in red.
    Last edited by Daehawk; 12-17-2009 at 01:05 AM.

well someone had to do it and i didnt really need the sword that bad so...

be glad there are those out there that dont follow everyone else.

Sun.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daehawk View Post
    Hmm...it's not that bad of a shield still.
    +5, Superior Stability, Protection+4, Resistance +4, DR3/-, Adamantine, Mithral, DR 5/Epic, Bashing.
    Effective +6 as the shield is +3 (not +2 for hvy shield).

Quote Originally Posted by Daehawk View Post
    DRs don't stack so it's 5 vs All but Some Epic Creatures and Weapons and 3 for the rest. Kinda would of been interesting if that +15 Intimidate could of been put on that instead of Terror =P
    Warforged, esp. battlemages, seem to have some very nice items here. IMO few other builds will find these items overly valuable (ie is there any point in upgrading the gloves if you are not WF?)

If you swaped it so;

Docent had Construct Regen and Repair spell buffs
    Shield had +15 Intim and Deception
    Gloves had SFL and Toughness
    Terror had DR5 and extra D6 damage

Would have some items more builds would think it worth grinding two quest series for?
    Jesus saves but only Buddha makes incremental backups.

Quote Originally Posted by Twerpp View Post
    And deception. Sneak attack builds arent usually known for their intimidate skills since it entirely negates their sneak damage. Also tanking with a greatsword isnt the smartest playstyle either. Also if youre tanking through DPS (which this weapon is incapable of anyway) or skill intimidating you don't need deception to enable party rogues sneak attacks. Guess I can vendor the Terror I was holding out for this lol.
    You forgot the biggest epic fail of this item.

Deception bugs out intimidated enemies, causing them to turn around and attack other people again.

High-Lar-Ious.

Page 102 of 177 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152 ... LastLast