Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26
  1. #21
    Community Member Knightrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Chicky-G
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jakylpops View Post
    I really think they need to base the auction posting fee on the amount of money these idiots are asking for instead of just basing it on the face value of the item.

    I doubt you'd see too many more multimillion GP buyout prices if these clowns were paying that huge auction fee up front without any guarantee of the item actually being sold.
    Deffinitely. It would also be in-line with a more realistic Auction House.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

    The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

  2. #22
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmccn79 View Post
    So basically the casual player shouldn't have good items because they can't get 5 capped toons and don't have time to run pop a billion times on those toons to get 5 mil plat. I do have 3 capped characters but wouldn't say I play enough to ever compile even a million plat.

    Yes the casual player should not have the same benefits as the hardcore gamer. If you give the casual gamer the ability to get the same stuff as people who put a lot of time in then it would hurt the game drastically. If you want more, work harder. I can see it now, every level 8 running around playing whack-a-mole with their 50 gold AH Phase Hammers. Access to the same loot for the casual gamer takes the fun out of adventuring in my opinion. If the casual gamer can't afford an item, too bad. You might as well say the casual gamer should get all of his favor for free also. I mean really, why should the casual gamer have to work at favor questing?

    These casual gamer equality rants are annoying.

    Marlak
    Last edited by todd31; 09-19-2007 at 09:39 AM.

  3. #23
    Community Member Grinndal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    586

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by todd31 View Post
    Yes the casual player should not have the same benefits as the hardcore gamer. If you give the casual gamer the ability to get the same stuff as people who put a lot of time in then it would hurt the game drastically. If you want more, work harder. I can see it now, every level 8 running around playing whack-a-mole with their 50 gold AH Phase Hammers. Access to the same loot for the casual gamer takes the fun out of adventuring in my opinion. If the casual gamer can't afford an item, too bad. You might as well say the casual gamer should get all of his favor for free also. I mean really, why should the casual gamer have to work at favor questing?

    These casual gamer equality rants are annoying.

    Marlak
    I am not saying the LEET items but some of the prices that people put up for +2 flaming longswords are crazy. But I still wonder how much of your guys lives are spent in this game to ever acquire 5 mil plat. I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer fluctuating from 25 - 60 hours a week since A year a and a half ago and have never gotten that much plat. Well whatever the only time I really even look in the AH is while leveling otherwise I could care less.
    Grinndal 17th Level Ranger. Cobain 19th Level Cleric. Milhouse 18th Level Fighter. Bonham 20th Level Ranger

    From the Village of Aerenal located in the Land of Sarlona Gravis Negotium

  4. #24
    Community Member todd31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmccn79 View Post
    I am not saying the LEET items but some of the prices that people put up for +2 flaming longswords are crazy. But I still wonder how much of your guys lives are spent in this game to ever acquire 5 mil plat. I wouldn't consider myself a casual gamer fluctuating from 25 - 60 hours a week since A year a and a half ago and have never gotten that much plat. Well whatever the only time I really even look in the AH is while leveling otherwise I could care less.
    5 Million plat is easy to acquire if you sell the right stuff at the auction house. I have had items fetch 600+k plat at the ah. I am down to about 2 million plat now because I just got done buying a bunch of stuff at the ah for my toons. It's just like the real world, people have a lot of money and spend it. Those of us without money think these rich people are crazy for paying $250k for a sports car while to them it's a drop in the bucket. Most of those high ticket items at the auction house are priced high because the game economy allows for power gamers to become very wealthy. There will always be the rich folk out there paying insane money for items therefore there will be high priced items out there.

    The prices at the auction house in my opinion are not out of line. You admitted yourself that you don't use the auction house except for leveling so you will never ever see 5 million plat. You don't need 5 million plat to enjoy this game though so it's all good.

    Marlak
    Last edited by todd31; 09-19-2007 at 02:21 PM.

  5. #25
    Founder DesertBlue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    628

    Default

    I *Big Capital letter I* shall join Knightrose and boycott the Sarlona Auction House Immediately and indefinitely.

    Vinos come over here and sign this.

  6. #26
    Community Member Kronik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    1,071

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jmccn79 View Post
    So basically the casual player shouldn't have good items because they can't get 5 capped toons and don't have time to run pop a billion times on those toons to get 5 mil plat. I do have 3 capped characters but wouldn't say I play enough to ever compile even a million plat.
    No, this is not the case. Everyone has the same chance to pull a good item on any quest. Some people are luckier than others. Those who play more have more opportunities to pull good stuff, but nothing is ever guaranteed. When you say good items, I assume you mean an item that is good in the sense that it fits your characters build. This could be a very specific item that is really hard to find or get, so the high broker price is justified. I'm sure there are plenty of good items you have found that you just cannot use. That is why the AH is so great, because you can sell the rare stuff you cannot use for a good price and then maybe get something you need.

    All you need to do to get to 5 mill plat is a one lucky vopal pull or a good +5 set of mithril armor. It is not the amount of time you put in, it is the luck of your draw and your market knowledge of what items are worth a lot!
    Last edited by Kronik; 09-20-2007 at 05:24 PM.
    Proud Officer of - Big Cash Mercs - Sarlona

    Kronikius IV / Archy IV / Kodiac IV / Mello III / Magillicuty IV / Gimmik IV / Daveybones IV / Wolfboy IV

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload