Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

And some people do it because they actually believe there are things in this world worth fighting for. Like the freedom to sit on your ass in front of a computer and pass judgement on the people who defend your liberties.

You know, my dad was a police swat officer for 20+ years. He carried a gun on the job every time he went in. You can damn sure bet that the people who were calling 911 didn't mind a bit that he had it when he showed up to help them.

It's real easy to say you believe guns and violence have no place in civilized society, until there's a tragedy that could have been averted by either, it hits a little too close to home, and you realize that a civilized society is about as much of a reality as this game we all play.
    Last edited by bandyman1; 09-10-2007 at 05:36 AM.
    THE SEXY of ARGONNESSEN ~
    Now bringing the sexy back to AoK!!!
    Ashamed officer of : My Little PWNY
    Proud officer of :Archmagi

of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    people join the military for a lot of reasons, While sure, Some are just huge losers in highschool and think joining the military will make them cooler, see kistilan, others do it because they have nothing else to do with their lives, and some do it just because they are stupid and think they will defend america by killing some poor ****er in iraq. A lot of people in the military join because they feel it is their duty to their country, or that it is the honorable thing to fight for America's freedom and defend their way of life. Or because their fathers and fathers fathers were military so it is just a way of life. So it's really not fair to hate on people in the military, people join for all reasons, some noble some not.
    I joined 2 years after graduating College.

I joined for several reasons. I became medically qualified to pursue my dream (NASA & Space Flight) after a 10-year misdiagnosis that kept me barred from all military activities. It was my mom trying to keep me out of the services. She hates that I'm in it.

I joined because my first girlfriend died serving in the United States Air Force the year before I enlisted.

I joined because I believe I can make a difference here in the Air Force.
    I joined to improve myself. I joined to strive through hardship and overcome obstacles I never imagined could be placed before me.

I joined for many reasons, and none of them made me cool.

Oh and my birthday was great guys. Thanks for the well-wishes. Birthday Out.
    Last edited by Kistilan; 09-10-2007 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Peace-Keeping Mission

people join the military for a lot of reasons, Some are just huge losers in highschool and think joining the military will make them cooler, see kistilan, others do it because they have nothing else to do with their lives, and some do it just because they are stupid and think they will defend america by killing some poor ****er in iraq. So it's really not fair to hate on people in the military
    Just when I thought I couldnt hate you more.

Community Member

Hey Mad, your comment was truly uncalled for. You should be ashamed.

people join the military for a lot of reasons, Some are just huge losers in highschool and think joining the military will make them cooler, see kistilan, others do it because they have nothing else to do with their lives, and some do it just because they are stupid and think they will defend america by killing some poor ****er in iraq. So it's really not fair to hate on people in the military

You forgot to add that some do it because they are proud of their country and would much rather serve with honor than be some #%@#$@ that criticizes everything on a gaming forum.

I may not be originally from the US but my dad served in Vietnam and my brother is a medic with the Army. They remind me every day how lucky I am to enjoy freedom.

emiliano you're retarded man
    Last edited by alchilito; 09-10-2007 at 10:50 AM. Reason: Adding some thoughts

All in all I think we should drill for oil in Alaska. The more holes in the ground the better.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by alchilito View Post
    You forgot to add that some do it because they are proud of their country and would much rather serve with honor
    QFT

I may not have joined the Armed Forces at any time, but I certainly gave it some thought. Why would I have done it? Because I am proud of living where I live, and because I am thankful for all the opportunities that this country offers. Whether you agree with the politics of the War is a moot argument. Insulting our uniformed men and women and passing them off as stupid, poor, or full of bloodlust is outrageous.

I understand what you're doing Mad and I respect your right to do what you want to have fun, but I would request you refrain from insulting the individuals that protect YOUR freedoms and rights to even do what you're doing here on these forums. If it wasn't for men and women like them, this wouldn't be an option.

Community Member

deleted cuz I just reread the CoC.
    Last edited by Aspenor; 09-10-2007 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    I agree, actually, but for a different reason.

A large portion of our foreign policy and foreign problems is originated in our need for oil. More self-sufficiency would allow for less dependency on politically unstable areas for our resources.
    I agree with this also. Although I think we should better explore the use of alternative fuels, the reality is we are a fossil fuel society atm. I would like to drill through Mad's livingroom anyway.

...and Mad, I served in the Armed Forces, after college and prior to working on my Masters. My father served in the military for 22 years and is currently dying from exposure to checmicals from 4 years in Vietnam. I would love to arrange for you to meet him in person too. You can let him know how you feel about our soldiers. You know, Alaska is a long way from the real US...move to Canada.

Madmardigan and Tovok your two idoits are whats wrong with this country. Its ignorant people like you who want your right to say anything you want and sit and play voilent game (which btw involve going and killing). With out fine american soldiers we'd be speaking german right now. Well those of us that arent jewish, asain, black, middle eastern, russian, ect.

Yes that was a past war and this is is "dumb" right?

Let me explain something about the current war that they wont tell you on tv.

I work now in an engineering firm (former Army). One of my co workers is Curd. He is from the northern mountian region of Irqa. He has been home in about 10 yrs. He his wife and kids were forced to leave with only and hour to pack because he had been working for an american contractor over there. In Irqa Curds are basicly lower than the low. When this war broke out he told me he was happy because now that the Americans have overthrown Saddam he could now go see his mother who he hadn't seen in 10 yrs.

Me, I was a soldier like my grandfather, his father, his fathers father, and so one because I belive in the princibles of this country. Not because I want to kill, but because if it come to me killing to protect it then so be it. Even if it means that ignorant cowards try to look down on me.

Edit: I forgot happy birthday Kistilan.

Wow...I just was coming to see what well-wishes Kistilan was getting for his birthday. Instead, I see this. I just lost complete respect for several of you.

I'm not even going to bother defending people who serve in the military, or the military itself. I don't really need to; they stand on their own merits. Nor will I attack those who claim we don't need it. (I imagine it's hard to see it's value since you haven't had the "luxury" of living in a country without one.) I won't resort to insulting those who have a different opinion of the military as I do -- though you'd do well to remind yourself that the reason you have the ability to sit in front of your computer on your high horse is because there are men and women out there protecting you.

All I will say is that I am disgusted by those of you who claim that the military is only an option for mindless idiots or people with no career goals. You clearly don't know the caliber of people I know that serve in the military.

All joking banter with you aside, Madmardigan, your attack on Kistilan was extremely low, even for you.
    My kick-ass group of ladies:
    Prentiss -- Tyf -- Cayrie -- Treena -- Karri -- PeaEmEss Meltdown -- Chayste
    Archmagi -- Argonessen

You really are an ******.
    The entity formerly known as Chuck Norris of Argo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
    Wow, 2 times I agree with Chuck in one week...go figure.
    Chuck, although I dont find the Norris humor funny, you should roundhouse kick Alaska into Russia.

BTW this thread is turning pro/anti military trash heap. Some subjects don't need opinions on the DDO boards.

And yes, I'm saying this.

Community Member

BTW this thread is turning pro/anti military trash heap. Some subjects don't need opinions on the DDO boards.

And yes, I'm saying this.
    QFT

As per CoC, discussions of religion and politics are prohibited on the DDO forums.

Agreed, this is one of those topics that turns real ugly really quick lets just agree to drop this one m'kay?
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Default u qft

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    QFT

As per CoC, discussions of religion and politics are prohibited on the DDO forums.
    Maybe you should personally tell this to your cancer, you know chemotherapy might save your face in the Argonnessen forums.

Quote Originally Posted by alchilito View Post
    Maybe you should personally tell this to your cancer, you know chemotherapy might save your face in the Argonnessen forums.
    One person (despite what is others bios) does not speak for the entire guild.

While I completely take offense to something a in-game friend said, I wont keep quite and let others try to make this a "guild" wide fait accompli.

I think it's time for everyone to put their torches down and step away from the bon-fires.

-Rameses!
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

The stars are aligned if only for a brief moment. Chuck you took the words out of my mouth.

No gesture of thanks is enough for the ones who gave and are willing to put their lives on the line to keep the Stripes red with their own blood.
    Last edited by Natalae; 09-10-2007 at 12:10 PM. Reason: wording
    Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    One person (despite what is others bios) does not speak for the entire guild.

While I completely take offense to something a in-game friend said, I wont keep quite and let others try to make this a "guild" wide fait accompli.

I think it's time for everyone to put their torches down and step away from the bon-fires.

-Rameses!
    Perhaps you should get on your stepstool so we all can hear.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast