Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Community Member herculesatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default LOTB Elites recruiting new Perma-Death members

    LOTB Elites is a Perma-Death Guild on Ghallanda. LOTB Elites is a sister guild of Legacy of the Brotherhood. Some of my guild-mates and I started this guild to try the play style and we love it. It brings a new thrill to the game. Remember when you played the game for the first time, and had that rush, perma-death is a way to experience that feeling again. If you want to try Perma-Death with us you can send an in-game mail or tell to Krunck, Krunckjr, Kieldorn, or Mischief.
    Flying Burrito Brothers, Proud Officer
    Krunck - Lvl 20 Barbarian, Abraxius - Lvl 10 TR Cleric
    Fieldtest - Lvl 9 Cleric, 2 Monk, 1 Rogue

  2. #2
    Community Member Mercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spring Park, MN
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    I was considering doing something near permadeath, but not permadeath with a few friends. They seemed very open to it, but one has to leave. Rather than fire up a guild myself, I may try to recruit them into joining LotB Elite instead. I've checked out your pages and I like your rules for the most part.

    I have one question about one of your Rules.

    10. No Twinking. Do not pass any item, gear, or money to any other character. This includes your own characters in the guild.
    EXCEPTION: you can trade collectables and consumable items like potions, wands, and scrolls within the guild at any level.
    EXCEPTION: Group-mates can share items that are found in chests within the adventure. End-rewards cannot be traded unless they are a consumable item.


    I don't understand the need for this? I guess it seems a bit harsh to find something like a +3 Disable Device ring in a chest, but not have a Rogue in the group to give it to in the quest and just toss up your hands and say, "I guess I'll just sell it." Instead of pocketing the ring until you run into your guild mate Rogue. Especially with End Rewards. If I am standing there and the quest giver offers me several weapons I don't have a need for and a +2 Int hat the Wizard DOES have a need for why wouldn't I accept that and hand it right over to the Wizard, it is no different than handing him the hat out of a chest.

    At the end of your task you return to Friar Reynard. "Thank you my friend for dealing with that unpleasant business. I can not offer you much, but please have an item of your choosing." He then offers you a selection of items. Of note you notice a sword... <mmm, no I prefer the warhammer and mine is fine> and a hat. When you ask what each do he says that the sword is strengthened by magic and the hat actually clears a person's thoughts to offer them new insights.(+1 Sword and +1 Int hat) <Well, I don't want the sword, but Lenny over there might want the hat so I'll take that for him.> Ok, you take the hat. <Here Lenny, you'll like this.>
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

  3. #3
    Community Member herculesatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    The reasons End-rewards can't be traded is because you can't trade anything outside of a quest besides collectable and consumables, and it stops a PC from becoming (this is silly to say) spoiled. It's more exciting to earn your rewards than to have it just given to you, and since money is scarce in the perma-death play style you'd probably want to sell everything you couldn't use, so when you needed that money in a situation you'd have it. If this helps great we'll gladly like see what you can do, but if it doesn't we'd still like you to try perma-death with us and we might be able to change your mind.
    Thank You
    Flying Burrito Brothers, Proud Officer
    Krunck - Lvl 20 Barbarian, Abraxius - Lvl 10 TR Cleric
    Fieldtest - Lvl 9 Cleric, 2 Monk, 1 Rogue

  4. #4
    The Hatchery GeneralDiomedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    5,282

    Default

    Hmm .. these PD rules look awfully familiar ..

  5. #5
    Community Member Mercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spring Park, MN
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herculesatan View Post
    The reasons End-rewards can't be traded is because you can't trade anything outside of a quest besides collectable and consumables, and it stops a PC from becoming (this is silly to say) spoiled. It's more exciting to earn your rewards than to have it just given to you, and since money is scarce in the perma-death play style you'd probably want to sell everything you couldn't use, so when you needed that money in a situation you'd have it. If this helps great we'll gladly like see what you can do, but if it doesn't we'd still like you to try perma-death with us and we might be able to change your mind.
    Thank You
    So I could wander over to the appropriate vendor with said hat, sell it to the vendor, then the wizard could buy it?

    What I am saying is you allow trading of in group items. Technically the end reward was earned in the group and is similar to pulling something out of the chest and handing it to the person standing three VR feet that way. The distinction between a quest reward and a chest pull is very slim. If you allow people to trade items in quest from chests, well, the end reward is still part of the quest.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

  6. #6
    Community Member herculesatan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mercules View Post
    So I could wander over to the appropriate vendor with said hat, sell it to the vendor, then the wizard could buy it?

    What I am saying is you allow trading of in group items. Technically the end reward was earned in the group and is similar to pulling something out of the chest and handing it to the person standing three VR feet that way. The distinction between a quest reward and a chest pull is very slim. If you allow people to trade items in quest from chests, well, the end reward is still part of the quest.
    Whether your in group or not is irrelevent. As soon as you leave the dungeon you can not trade anything unless it's a collectable or consumable, because you get your end-reward outside the already finished quest, so theres no way your end-reward is part of the quest.

    What your saying for example: a wizard, cleric, fighter, and rogue finish X quest and they loot end chest. They all go get they're end-reward the clr, wiz, and rog all get +2 item that the ftr can use, the ftr would be all decked out while the rest of the party got hosed. That's why end-rewards can't be traded no matter how bad you want to.
    Flying Burrito Brothers, Proud Officer
    Krunck - Lvl 20 Barbarian, Abraxius - Lvl 10 TR Cleric
    Fieldtest - Lvl 9 Cleric, 2 Monk, 1 Rogue

  7. #7
    Community Member Valgron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeneralDiomedes View Post
    Hmm .. these PD rules look awfully familiar ..
    These rules are out there I am sure of it. Permadeath is a great idea and I enjoy running it, yet, I only want to dedicate 1 character to it. These rules are probrably stiffer than most, but I am only running 1 character to do it. This just gives us something new and exciting to do. I do commend those who are 100% dedicated to permadeath, but I personally like being able to run and die and be rezzed or recall out on my other characters.

    This isn't supposed to be the best set of rules or the worst set of rules. Thes are just a set of rules that we follow while playing permadeath.

    It may not be for some people, but it is fun to take a great game and try something different.

  8. #8
    Community Member Mercules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Spring Park, MN
    Posts
    6,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by herculesatan View Post
    Whether your in group or not is irrelevent. As soon as you leave the dungeon you can not trade anything unless it's a collectable or consumable, because you get your end-reward outside the already finished quest, so theres no way your end-reward is part of the quest.

    What your saying for example: a wizard, cleric, fighter, and rogue finish X quest and they loot end chest. They all go get they're end-reward the clr, wiz, and rog all get +2 item that the ftr can use, the ftr would be all decked out while the rest of the party got hosed. That's why end-rewards can't be traded no matter how bad you want to.
    Actually, the quest isn't finished until you collect your reward, ask anyone who has had the timer on their Raid not reset.

    No problem, I was just wondering why trading a +2 sword from a chest was different than a +2 sword from a quest giver. You are actually LESS likely to find something some other character can use from an end reward than a chest since end rewards are class based. Usually a Fighter pulls the +2 sword from an End Reward and the Sorcerer a Enchantment Scepter. I have no issue with it either way, just wondering why the distinction as I personally consider end rewards part of the quest and see the intention of the trading rule to be no trading outside of the items you find together in the quest.

    If those are the rules, they are the rules.
    "Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."
    -Barry LePatner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload