Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasty Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    hate to break it to you but they aren't roleplaying
    Yeah, I'm pretty much a jerk-*** in real life

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    Yes we can file it away with the other former guild leader who is unworthy of even having his name said.
    See this is what I'm talking about... there was no call for that type of post Lorien the First One ... to attack and belittle and basically act churlish in this thread, but hey it only took 41 posts for a flamer to appear

I also find it amusingly ironic that people flame but dont have the stones to list their characters in their sig. I guess its the anonimity that makes people feel they can be jerks, because in RL if they behaved that way someone would back hand smack them in the mouth.

The stones to put their alts in their sigs?? ***.. I think that's a brilliant move, and sometimes which I wasn't so widely known. When you speak out against someone (even if you are in the right), it is not worth getting the annoying ass tells in game. The forums are the forums, but don't disrupt my play over some grudge because I didn't agree with you. My opinion on that matter.
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett View Post
    The stones to put their alts in their sigs?? ***.. I think that's a brilliant move, and sometimes which I wasn't so widely known. When you speak out against someone (even if you are in the right), it is not worth getting the annoying ass tells in game. The forums are the forums, but don't disrupt my play over some grudge because I didn't agree with you. My opinion on that matter.
    I agree with you Davey noone wants to carry one a forum fight while trying to play the game, I had never thought of it that way before. I dont think I have ever seen it happen except once when a part time member of my guild picked a fight with another guild and as the only officer online I was asked to talk to my guildy in an official capacity.

The names in the sig thing is just useful for knowing who to avoid grouping/trading with when they pi$$ you off on the forums or who you may wish to group with because you like what they have to say. Its just the faceless pu$$ie$ that wont stand by what they say or say one thing on the forums but another ingame because people dont know who they are (I have seen this actually happen)

Quote Originally Posted by Jondallar View Post
    I also find it amusingly ironic that people flame but dont have the stones to list their characters in their sig. I guess its the anonimity that makes people feel they can be jerks, because in RL if they behaved that way someone would back hand smack them in the mouth.
    And calling someone a coward because they don't have a signature IS called for? I'm not really sure that particular logic trail actually connects.

Well, I guess it connects for you, because you said it. It just doesn't connect for me.
    Last edited by Osharan Tregarth; 08-29-2007 at 11:02 PM.
    Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Osharan Tregarth View Post
    And calling someone a coward because they don't have a signature IS called for? I'm not really sure that particular logic trail actually connects.

Well, I guess it connects for you, because you said it. It just doesn't connect for me.
    Well, it is thread about how people post and flame in this forum... so a post about how someone flames in this forum, especially when said flaming is done in the thread may be appropriate. Then again maybe I'm just being b*tchy because I didnt like what I cooked for dinner tonite.

I am basically not a nice person. I play nice (for the most part.) I make no excuse nor do I pull punches when I am in the forums or in game.

I am, Rameses.... a simple arrogant proclamation... with just a touch of what it takes to back that proclamation.

If you've partied with me in game you know that I like to have fun but I play serious.
    But if your willing to except a Greater Teleport after entering a Raid that hasn't begun... Yes... I will be the Halfling hiding his scrolls and giggling the whole time.

I am, Rameses!
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

Community Member

Argonnessan = Land of Dragons

The weak shall be culled.

of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Thumbs up Lyk, yew nowa bea kidd'n der, manner

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    Argonnessan = Land of Dragons

The weak shall be culled.
    Haven't I been spouting that off for awhile? Surveys be damned, just stay proud to the name we chose to call home since the beginning!

Aye, der be dee mountains der, manner, cull'n only to dee strong. - Kilimanjaro.

Quote Originally Posted by Jondallar View Post
    IThe names in the sig thing is just useful for knowing who to avoid grouping/trading with when they pi$$ you off on the forums or who you may wish to group with because you like what they have to say. Its just the faceless pu$$ie$ that wont stand by what they say or say one thing on the forums but another ingame because people dont know who they are (I have seen this actually happen)
    Would you not want to fight along side Wanderlei Silva just because he is an ***hole? His opinions ands arrogance are one thing, but the bottomline is that he can fight, and would make a nice teammate.

I don't agree that forum ribbings would call for a blacklist on a player in-game.
    My popularity with certain people is probably nil on the forums, but I guarantee that they are having a good time when we group together, because in the long run I care about the same thing that they do - having fun in DDO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameses View Post
    I am basically not a nice person. I am, Rameses!
    truth
    Ozoro, Serelu, Niras, Iras, Craddosk, Aloz.
    I Do Not Like This Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Galacticus View Post
    with the return of NIRAS to Archmagi I thought it was time for my exit
    Killing DDO one guild at a time

Quote Originally Posted by Lessah View Post
    *raises hand

<<<<funny and nice

...ya missed cute.

...and helpful, courteous, kind, loyal, obedien...
    Oops. Grabbed wrong book.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    lassie was pretty much awesome... not gonna lie
    /Totally agree. Spitted high, over a low flame for a nice slow roasting - a healthy basting of KC original hickory bar-b-gue sauce....

No, no. Sorry, that's my kobold recipe. Never mind, carry on.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies

Quote Originally Posted by trashmanxxx View Post
    Would you not want to fight along side Wanderlei Silva just because he is an ***hole? His opinions ands arrogance are one thing, but the bottomline is that he can fight, and would make a nice teammate.

I don't agree that forum ribbings would call for a blacklist on a player in-game.
    My popularity with certain people is probably nil on the forums, but I guarantee that they are having a good time when we group together, because in the long run I care about the same thing that they do - having fun in DDO.
    It's more of a server persona thing I guess because in game actions reported on the forums or in some cases getting on people's nerves on the Mabar forums could, and in some cases did, lead to black listing... Since the server was fairly small and most the folks who'd been playing for a couple years knew one another black lists tended to be shared etc...

In your example I'd guess that many from Mabar haven't seen Wanderlei Silva in game to determine whether he can play and thus they can only base what they think of him or her from the forums....

Take it easy
    -Tal
    Last edited by Talson; 08-30-2007 at 11:46 AM.
    If whisperdoom wasn't an exploit what is one.....
    Nexiv lvl 14 (8 Fig/3 Pal/3 Rog) & Selgar lvl 14 (8 Fig/3 Pal/3 Rog)
    Zexiv lvl 14 (9 Rog/3 Pal/2 Fig) & Talson lvl 14 (13 Cleric/1 Sorc)

Ordos Draconum

Quote Originally Posted by Talson View Post
    In your example I'd guess that many from Mabar haven't seen Wanderlei Silva in game to determine whether he can play and thus they can only base what they think of him or her from the forums....
    I believe he was being metaphorical, as Wanderlei Silva is a brazilian mixed martial artists that failed in the UFC, and moved on to dominate Pride FC for many years. Known as the 'Axe Murderer', he fights with malicious intent. I don't recall having ever seen a Wanderlei in-game, thus the metaphorical assumption on Trash's behalf.

Wanderlei recently signed with the UFC (know that they have purchased Pride FC), and will be fighting on US PPVs very soon. Be sure to catch him, or visit good ol' youtube for some clips.
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyCrockett View Post
    I believe he was being metaphorical, as Wanderlei Silva is a brazilian mixed martial artists that failed in the UFC, and moved on to dominate Pride FC for many years. Known as the 'Axe Murderer', he fights with malicious intent. I don't recall having ever seen a Wanderlei in-game, thus the metaphorical assumption on Trash's behalf.

Wanderlei recently signed with the UFC (know that they have purchased Pride FC), and will be fighting on US PPVs very soon. Be sure to catch him, or visit good ol' youtube for some clips.
    I'll have to keep my eyes open for him... Of course since getting married a couple a weeks ago it's gotten a little more difficult to check out UFC or mixed martial arts of late .
    If whisperdoom wasn't an exploit what is one.....
    Nexiv lvl 14 (8 Fig/3 Pal/3 Rog) & Selgar lvl 14 (8 Fig/3 Pal/3 Rog)
    Zexiv lvl 14 (9 Rog/3 Pal/2 Fig) & Talson lvl 14 (13 Cleric/1 Sorc)

Ordos Draconum

Community Member Beherit_Baphomar's Avatar

Its alot of hot air.
    Dont take any of it too seriously.
    We have some a-holes, some well known a-holes, some noobs and some very helpful, friendly people.
    Just as in real life you get all sorts.

And, the most notorious of them all, The Tinted Faces, well, Ive yet to see them cause any harm...they are a unique bunch of guys....but I guess if you get your feelings hurt easy then try and not group with them, or ignore them here on the forums. But, like I said, Ive yet to see them cause any harm...seems people get upset with them over very little.
    Binding is Admitting Defeat ~ Yndrofian
    Plook~Squidgie~Eyern~Irnbru~Grotesque
    Of The O.S.D, Argonnessen
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace_ana View Post
    At least I'm not on G-Land.

Quote Originally Posted by Beherit Baphomar View Post
    Its alot of hot air.
    Dont take any of it too seriously.
    We have some a-holes, some well known a-holes, some noobs and some very helpful, friendly people.
    Just as in real life you get all sorts.

And, the most notorious of them all, The Tinted Faces, well, Ive yet to see them cause any harm...they are a unique bunch of guys....but I guess if you get your feelings hurt easy then try and not group with them, or ignore them here on the forums. But, like I said, Ive yet to see them cause any harm...seems people get upset with them over very little.
    Rubish!

We are nice people that like to show tender care for everyone.
    Last edited by Rameses; 08-30-2007 at 01:12 PM.
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

Community Member MasterofDungeons's Avatar

Dagnabit! I thought this thread was about a totally different sort of nasty...

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast