Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nasty Forum

Question Nasty Forum

This Server forum does not seem to be a very friendly environment. I was looking forward to finally having a Net connection (finally getting ADSL on the 29th) that allowed me to play and meet the new people of Argonnessian. At first I read the Argo forums and saw the teasing of people that looked like how it was back on Mabar. However if the forums are any indication of what the server is like I think I may just stick to running with people and guilds from Mabar. Is everyone mean Spirited on Argo or am I just missing the intended humor in all the negative (posts that get locked out for bad/mean behavior) posts on the forum?

So I will probably be flamed by the trolls but I am just wondering if anyone on Argo is funny and nice, or are they just "funny" at other peoples expense?

When the merge happened, there were lots of postings from former Mabarians and veteran Argo's alike but slowly any time a Mabarian makes a post that goes contrary to what the forum voices of Argo think it becomes a gang up riddicle session that oftem ends in threads being locked, and people from Mabar no longer seem to make many posts. Even Yaga hasnt told anyone to "Eff Off" in a while and he was quite dynamic on the old Mabar forum.
    Anyways I hope I am wrong and either not getting the intended Argo humor, or that there are some nice folks out there that are open minded.

As a side note maybe some of the forum Ubers here on Argo could post a list of rules and etiquette for this server forum so the unwritten rules can be written and made know to us unworthy hicks from Mabar. That way we wont offend anyone with our ignorance and wont have to be beat down or be forced to kiss @$$ like a few former Mabarians have done to try and fit in.

I dont want a flame war, but if you feel you must, all I ask is that it be witty. I can take the heat if it is intelligent, in fact some of the best ingame alliances I have made have started from a witty well timed flame post.

A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

Death to all Fleshlings!!!
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
    Death to all Fleshlings!!!
    Does that mean Lootbot gets to live?

Default *raises hand

*raises hand

<<<<funny and nice

Yes she is,

Dont let TF bother ya, they are like the middle child...just wanna be noticed.
    Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle

Quote Originally Posted by Lessah View Post
    *raises hand

<<<<funny and nice

U are?
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

couple of faces and a couple of names.....

Rameses - known by "I am, Rameses!" Descartes would have a fit with the declarative I Am.... in your face humour.

Madmardigan-"Greatest swordsman that ever lived!" and "Proud Cancer of the Tinted Faces" now really can you take him at face value or with the whole frick'n salt lick.

Foenorth - Legal Counsel for Unbreakable... Yes he is a Legal Eagle. no wonder I have to sign a disclaimer at every trade.

Beherit Baphomar - "I would love to join your guild, but Im a little worried about the language some of your evil members may use over voice. Y'see my evil mum makes me have the speakers on so that she can hear while I play, so foul language is a no-no, my evil brethren. Do you think the language would be ok?" - See.....

Just a few examples of "yes! we do have a bit of fun" the only forum rules I know about is don't cheat your fellow gamers. if your willing to give it be willing to take it.

so if you havent figured this out this is in Jest and not mean spirit. and i fully expect to get a comment or 3 hundred

Quote Originally Posted by Kavel Havae View Post
    the only forum rules I know about is don't cheat your fellow gamers.
    Uh oh.....That's a rule? I need to make some calls
    Mhykke(Pldn):Mhykkelle(Srcr):Mykkelle(Rngr):Mhykael(Clrc):Mykke(Brbrn):Mhykel(Ftr):
    Mhykelle(Wzrd):Mhyke(Brd):Mykkael(Rgr/Rog/Barb):Mykkel(Rog):Mhykkaelsan(Mnk):Mhykkael(FVS):Mhykkel(Brd):Markas(Ret.Srcr)

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    shhh, I wasn't going to tell any one...

Community Member

Rules:
    1. I am right 99.9% of the time.
    2. I am right the other 0.01% of the time.
    3. See number 1.
    4. Nasty? We're like this all the time.
    5. Our forums are for amusement, try to view everything through that lens.

95% of the posts on the forums are just people heckling each other and no one takes it too serious. Some people just haven't gotten out of their mothers basements in the last 15 years and have no social interaction skills and therefore take everything way too seriously. Which is fun in it's own way, but in game most people are pretty chill, most of the people that some might call "nasty", myself included, on the forums are pretty relaxed and a good time to play with in game.
    Madmardigan-Greatest swordsman that ever lived
    Vohnkar-Best warrior in the village
    Siiru-Wildcat cleric.

Proud Cancer of the Tinted Faces

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    95% of the posts on the forums are just people heckling each other and no one takes it too serious. Some people just haven't gotten out of their mothers basements in the last 15 years and have no social interaction skills and therefore take everything way too seriously. Which is fun in it's own way, but in game most people are pretty chill, most of the people that some might call "nasty", myself included, on the forums are pretty relaxed and a good time to play with in game.
    Awwww... ****!

That's TWICE now that I agree with one of Madmardigan's posts....

Osharan, Esharan, Osharina, Usharina, etc... I'm the 'sharans. Epoxy. Notverysexy.
    I've taken the craft disturbing mental image feat... You have been warned!
    Share and Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    Rules:
    5. Our forums are for amusement, try to view everything through that lens.
    I agree forums are for amusement. The question is, who's amusement? Its funny as all get out when my friends mock/flame/tease me, however if I have never grouped or had a significant forum interaction with someone and they start blasting with both barrels its usually not intended as fun. Fun is the excuse usually given when someone says something offensive about someone else that they have not "earned" (cant think of a better word), either through comraderie or respected rivalry, the right to say.

An example of a rivalry is way back when I was a noob and my guild Elite By Nature (of which I was not a member at the time because I was more NOOB by Nature) and the guild called "Ransacked" were the first guilds to beat Velah on elite on MABAR. These guilds when back and forth with each other and it was very entertaining to watch.

Most of the Humor was self-depricating or totally outrageous which was what made it funny. Calling an entire server Noobs because they use different tactics is not funny its just rude (even if it is true).

All of the posts to this point have been civil and/or funny. This is the best part of the forums which to me are an important addition to playing DDO (especially when my frikkin ISP has to rewire my house and I have to wait for highspeed service and I have to steal unsecured wireless internet service from my unsuspecting neighbours just to use the forums )

It takes some getting used to but really the people here have been some of the best I have met. We have fun but if you get down to something serious we are very helpfull. So just have some fun and don't take everything at face value.
    To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women!
    Go for the eyes Boo!

Default oh snap

Quote Originally Posted by Mhykke View Post
    dont make me come over there.....

Just a reminder that this server is both argo and mabar filled so don't blame all the native argonessians for all the posts.
    Tinted Faces/AFK Inside Quest - Zindar, Ballerd, Mazrim

Who would sup with the mighty must climb the path of daggers

Quote Originally Posted by Madmardigan View Post
    Some people just haven't gotten out of their mothers basements in the last 15 years
    Hey, to be fair....it's a NICE basement!

Quote Originally Posted by Kavel Havae View Post
    couple of faces and a couple of names.....

Rameses - known by "I am, Rameses!" Descartes would have a fit with the declarative I Am.... in your face humour.
    Gawd dang.... getting a dictionary just to understand that I am... Rameses!

Hehe... Personally while there is some high strung people on this server *read the thread that Ghoste posted that was completely derailed.* I believe that while we glibbly make jest of each other for the most part we can all agree that we do get along for the most part.

Though I don't understand a word that MiT grad wrote about me...

I am, Rameses!
    Last edited by Rameses; 08-29-2007 at 10:44 AM.
    Argonnessen's only Halfling Paragon.
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by LewsTherin View Post
    Just a reminder that this server is both argo and mabar filled so don't blame all the native argonessians for all the posts.
    The thing is that MABAR was a tiny server and I was very active on MABAR's forum thus am familiar with a strong majority of the population (both forum and server proper). Its the lack of forum postings by formerly active people from Mabar that have been ganked after posting on the Argo forum that lead to my original post. Of course not all Argo's are to blame, nor are all former Mabarian's innocent, I just figured I would shake the bushes in hopes of drawing out the best of Argonessian and not just the circling forum buzzards. (not calling you a buzzard Lews )

I live in Stormreach, but I occasionaly play something called "Real Life."

It's the worst examples that get the notice. In my studies, there appears to be a lot of great folks indigenous to Argo, and this includes a good number of people who would have you believe in the false mythology of their notoriety.

The biggest reason one would notice truly negative personalities here is the fact that there are so many more of every kind of people that we were used to on Mabar. Welcome to the big city!

I hope you get a chance to run with some Tinted Faces people. They are really friendly like puppy dogs, but really smart! Even smarter than Lassie!!!

What's that you say Lassie? Timmy is stuck in a well with some kobolds??? go fetch Ranger Stuart...and grab Doc in case Timmy needs a rez and some heals!

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast