Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default 1750 favor = no drow?

So I just hit the 1750 favor mark and completed it on a human cleric. How come I dont get the 32 pt build on a drow, but I get it on every other race?

Because Drow are basically already a 32pnt build. Turbine goofed when introducing the race, and the 32pnt build is offset for that.
    ........../..................................
    @###|=====Redemption=====-
    ..........\..................................

Quote Originally Posted by Nfxon View Post
    so drow cant get a 32pt build at all?
    No you can not make a 32 point build drow at all

Edit: Eeeeek Ninja!
    Last edited by dragnmoon; 08-28-2007 at 03:26 PM. Reason: NINJA

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Community Member

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nfxon View Post
    Drow are actually 34 pointers in reality.
    No! You can't GREASE a Beholder!!

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by teddok View Post
    Drow are actually 34 pointers in reality.
    A normal 28pt Drow with the right stats is the equivalent of a 42pt Human. That's why you don't get 32pt Drow builds.
    Last edited by Mad_Bombardier; 08-30-2007 at 10:11 AM.

Actually, Drow are more like 30 pointers.

2 bonuses and one penalty

And I have 2 drow even at 1750 favour because they roll up better for certain builds.

I have a drow cleric and a drow ranger/rog because they just had better stats...
    BLACK MANTIS - Sarlona
    A r n y a - T o r c h e - S l i m m - D e b t - E p o x y - R e t r o g r a d e - P i n e t r e e
    NOW YOU WILL KNOW TRUE POWER

Quote Originally Posted by Arnya View Post
    3 bonuses and one penalty
    Fixed.

Which would make it a 32 point build. Drow already are 32 point builds, if you were to take the drow bonuses on a 32 point build technically you would have a 36 point character. If they let this happen you would hear a bunch of people whining about how drow are too over powered and that they need to be balanced.

PIXA
    Xoriat Born
    DWAT
    Pixa 20 rogue, Healza 20 Cleric, Biteza 20 tempest ranger, Casstza 12 sorc, Singza 20 bard, Kickza 13 barb, Nodda 8 fvs

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

It's pointless to try to say "Drow are equivalent of a X point build with another race", because whatever X is, it's just not true.
    Drow are just 28 point build with some better stat bonuses.

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tihocan View Post
    It's pointless to try to say "Drow are equivalent of a X point build with another race", because whatever X is, it's just not true.
    Drow are just 28 point build with some better stat bonuses.
    and those stat bonuses equal to +4 basic stat points. most other races Equate out to 28 points after their additional bonuses/subtraction's, except WF, who end up -2 stats to other races, thus 28 + 4 bonus points equal 32 points.

WF get 28 - 2 or 26 point builds, but on the other hand, they get a ****load of immunities to respond to.

so giving drow a 32 point build, without adding in the stats and stuff, would give them a 36 point build, basically making no one ever want to play any other race.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkari Rozahas View Post
    and those stat bonuses equal to +4 basic stat points
    It's +4 to stats, but it's not +4 points for the build, because +4 to stats does not always cost +4 points (it can cost up to 12 points, so equivalent to a 40 point build).
    Last edited by tihocan; 08-29-2007 at 09:26 AM.

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

if your heavy in int/dex, like a rogue, and max them out, then yes, that would be such. im just sayng that stat wise, with 28 points, you could theoretically get the same exact stats as any other 32 point non WF.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

if your heavy in int/dex, like a rogue, and max them out, then yes, that would be such. im just sayng that stat wise, with 28 points, you could theoretically get the same exact stats as any other 32 point non WF.
    Yeah, you could, but with a 32 point build... you end up with points left over. I rebuilt my ranger when i hit 1750 on the original and intended to start off with the same stats and see where i could improve with the added points. Ended up with more str and con and (happily) a retired original.
    Fyshie the Tasty, of Thelanis
    Notit of Khyber
    I may not like what you have to say, but I will defend to the death, your right to say it.

On the other hand, if your a Drow Bard, or Rogue, or a few other classes/builds you can already get stats that would cost other races 40-pts to get, as has already been pointed out ad nauseum. Again, that's why there aren't 32-pt. Drow. They are still already slightly ahead of 32-pt builds for the right class/build.
    Drakion, Leader of the Lightbringers - Argonnessen - A Founding Guild

Currently Leveling: Drakyon the Sinner - Human Cleric

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

with 28 points, you could theoretically get the same exact stats as any other 32 point non WF.
    Actually you can't:
    str 16
    dex 10
    con 16
    int 10
    wis 14
    cha 10

That's a 32 point human, and would also require 32 points for a drow.

Post Drow is a 32 point build

Drow get +2 Intel, +2 Cha, and +2 Dex. -2 on Con. Let me work that out...

2+2+2=6-2=4 28+4=32

They are not 36 or 30 point builds. Granted they are not as flexible as a human 32 point build, but nonetheless they are 32 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewcipher View Post
    They are not 36 or 30 point builds. Granted they are not as flexible as a human 32 point build, but nonetheless they are 32 points.
    +x stat /= +x build points. Going from a 16 to 18 score requires 6 build points. So, applying +2 stat after using build points > +1 build point per stat. As I said above, I can build a Drow that has the base attribute equivalent of a 42pt Human or a 38pt Elf/Halfling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewcipher View Post
    Drow get +2 Intel, +2 Cha, and +2 Dex. -2 on Con. Let me work that out...

2+2+2=6-2=4 28+4=32

Seriously, as Mad_B points out, you are absolutlely, posotively wrong. Drow don't just get +2 to those stats. The cost of raising those stats is reduced if you choose to raise those stats any higher.

It costs any other race 6 build points to increase a their intelligence or charisma (and most races dex as well) from 16 to 18. It only costs Drow 4 points. And that cost savings is in addition to already starting with an extra +4 to their stats. And you don't have to raise those stats anywhere near 18 to start seeing the cost savings and their advantage. Putting any of those stats over 14 (its either 14 or 12, I'll be generous here) and you'll be spending less points than any other race would, 32-pt build or not.

Bottomline is, Drow can achieve stats that would cost a Human or another race 40+ build points to reach.
    Drakion, Leader of the Lightbringers - Argonnessen - A Founding Guild

Currently Leveling: Drakyon the Sinner - Human Cleric

Default Sure enough

Negative I stand corrected on that one. I was just pretty much referring to the base build. Would you not add in the -2 to Con that the drow gets as well? Or would that be foolish, unless you get bored and build a Drow barb?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast