Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lorien the First One View Post
    And your logic for giving European players more slots than those on North American servers is.....We have crappier servers?.....We aren't as nice????.....
    They, namely Turbine, does not run the EU servers. They didn't give anything to the European players.

And as your whine and lack of thank you indicates, no, you are not as nice as them.

i'm kind of confused about something. i have 8 characters right now... i've unlocked drow and 1750 only on one toon so i never got extra slots via lots of 1750's.... so if the base increase is TWO slots, why is it going to 9?

We started with 5 character slots. We get the 6th one by unlocking Drow at 400 favor and we get the 7th by reaching 1750 total favor. If you have an 8th slot you have it by some bug ( known or unknown ) or you had another character on one of the servers that merged with your old server that maybe you forgot about.

yes there was a bug (after the "exploit") where 1750 characters, some, not all, had an "8th" slot added to the account. Turbine then said they would not take it away, but if more slots got added in the future, you would get 1 less then everyone else, since in essence you got a free slot already.

I dont mind free gifts so I wont complain, but the only thing I did with shards was sellem, and you cant do that now since the merge as the AH is flooded with them. So shards are worthless to me, and I have 12 slots with the combined servers, and made characters/classes id actually play, so the slots are worthless to me.

But like I said, Im not complaining, and I thank Turbine for any freebies they give out.

Default Did i get my new spots?

This morning during the downtime, I browsed some of the forums. I was excited to see I was getting two new character spots. Now that the game is back up I tried to roll a new toon, but couldn't. Did I miss something?

Community Member Mad_Bombardier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slapphappy View Post
    This morning during the downtime, I browsed some of the forums. I was excited to see I was getting two new character spots. Now that the game is back up I tried to roll a new toon, but couldn't. Did I miss something?
    Coming in Mod5.

Quote Originally Posted by Drak View Post
    As has been alluded to, we could have officially had 7 toons per server.
    3 servers merge to one, wow 21 toons.

So we are, as at mod 5, still missing 12 slots.

oh yeah giving us 2 is a paltry way of making it up to us, the people who pay thier wages.

agreed. im not sure what theyre thinking but we should all have at least 21 toon slots.
    i wonder if i delete 1 toon out of 17, will i be able to create anotehr one? i dare not to try.

Exclamation The Apacolypse is here

Quote Originally Posted by ArkoHighStar View Post
    Like it or not they have at least explained their position, which is a breath of fresh air.
    What??!!? I don't believe it I must have linked proof that Turbine is taking responsibility and explaining as why a large portion of their customer base is getting jiped.

quick check your faucets to makes sure the water hasn't turned to blood.

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyb View Post
    What??!!? I don't believe it I must have linked proof that Turbine is taking responsibility and explaining as why a large portion of their customer base is getting jiped.

quick check your faucets to makes sure the water hasn't turned to blood.
    jiped? turbine has no responsibility to give us extra character slots.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wizzy_catt View Post
    agreed. im not sure what theyre thinking but we should all have at least 21 toon slots.
    i wonder if i delete 1 toon out of 17, will i be able to create anotehr one? i dare not to try.
    Don't do it. I tried. I wanted to create a toon around some race required weaponry I had laying around. After the merge I had 15 characters. I had to delete 7 characters to be able to create the new one. Not a big deal so much to me because they were mules but may be a big deal to others. Just thought I'd let you know.

-Bal

Quote Originally Posted by Xanstrollinoax View Post
    Their giving us a gift and ya still complain? Man just be grateful their giving us more toon slots

be grateful that they are giving us more slots to play the same old low end stuff?
    sorry but I wont be grateful till they increase the level cap or put some high end content in for people bored with loot runs

as for the Codemasters EU and Turbine US thing
    id be glad codemasters dont run this side of things, seems every mmorpg they touch has a nasty way of dying off.....
    Last edited by Elgringo76; 09-12-2007 at 02:14 AM.
    Brechnar Ironforge Dwarf 10/2/2 (Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger) Woebetide Drow 14 (Sorcerer) Ebeneezer Goode Human 12(Cleric)
    Mushkil Gusha Human 3(Ranger) Ubrin LeThune Human 3(Paladin) Elgringo Drow 3(Rogue)
    Officer of BLOOD CLOAK CLAN

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    Now that the server merge process is complete, and we're all settling into our new homes, we'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of our players for their patience, and continued support through this process.

As a token of our appreciation, we're giving two special gifts for our players! These gifts include:
    • Two additional character slots! Each account will have 2 additional empty character slots on each world. By default, you will have 7 character slots. If you have unlocked the drow, you will now have 8 character slots. If you have unlocked the drow and 1750 favor slot, you will have 9 slots. This gift will become available when Module 5: Accursed Ascension goes live.
    • A free dragonshard! Appropriate to your level, per character on any non-trial account. Your dragonshard was placed into your inventory during the Module 4.2 patch on Aug 23rd.

Again, thank you all, and enjoy the game!
    yay more characterrrrrrrrs. Now all i need is for these people to stop wasting my money so I can suit 'em up.. The harsh life of the cleric, and a buncha weirdos who don't know what they're doin half the time.. ;P

Default Hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Ramen View Post
    [*]Two additional character slots! Each account will have 2 additional empty character slots on each world. By default, you will have 7 character slots. If you have unlocked the drow, you will now have 8 character slots. If you have unlocked the drow and 1750 favor slot, you will have 9 slots. This gift will become available when Module 5: Accursed Ascension goes live.

Again, thank you all, and enjoy the game!
    Ok so those of us who where unlucky enough to get a 8th character slot by mistake are now only get 1 more spot. Is this True or not. Don't get me wrong I could use another toon. But I would like to know for sure.
    Hera & Skadi - SOR
    Herra & Esir - clr
    MoneAone, MoneAtwoA, Gundahar, & KenKana,
    Broke Ass Casters, Dragon Order of Arcanix & Entropy

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by KenKan View Post
    Ok so those of us who where unlucky enough to get a 8th character slot by mistake are now only get 1 more spot. Is this True or not. Don't get me wrong I could use another toon. But I would like to know for sure.
    Yes.. We are being ufairly given only 1 more spot

We've had the bonus of an extra slot for a while.... The mod will even things out....

I still fail to understand how the database can handle 15 or more character right now for the peole who decided to exploit the merge (Or just hapened to have a a bunch of characters onthe servers that merged) and cannot handle 10+ at the same time...... But only onthe US Servers.... Boggles the Mind.....

People are Capped Turbine...... Mod 5 will be relegated to loot runing in a few short weeks I'm sure and we will all go back to haveing very little to do other than Level new characters... But no slots..... -sigh-
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Yes.. We are being ufairly given only 1 more spot

We've had the bonus of an extra slot for a while.... The mod will even things out....

I still fail to understand how the database can handle 15 or more character right now for the peole who decided to exploit the merge (Or just hapened to have a a bunch of characters onthe servers that merged) and cannot handle 10+ at the same time...... But only onthe US Servers.... Boggles the Mind.....

People are Capped Turbine...... Mod 5 will be relegated to loot runing in a few short weeks I'm sure and we will all go back to haveing very little to do other than Level new characters... But no slots..... -sigh-
    My friend only played on adar server, every time he gets 1750 favor on a character makes another toon, he has twelve now.. How will he be affected by this?

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Shankd Dream View Post
    Deleted TO help the "Innocent"
    You probobly want to edit and delete that post.. People have been banned for less around here... You car descibing in detal what turbine has deemd an "Exploit"

That Occurence should no longer be happeneing. But I would assume your "Friend will not be getting any extra slots come mod 5
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

I already have 9 slots and a dozen shards...

Get real.... This "reward" is ****.

The real reward is more people to play with. IMHO.
    He asked us "Be you Angels..??"
    And we said "Nay...We are but Men..! Rock On..!!!"

Thumbs up Message to TURBINE....

After reading hours of posts, no matter what you do to improve the overall gaming experience in Stormreach, the general overall response will be; CONSTANT WHINING AND COMPLAINING!

D & D Online, Stormreach is an addictive, thoughtful, Fantastic game that is superior to any game I have played. (I am an avid gamer and I have played hundreds of Demo's to back up my statement)

Every addition to the game has been a success built off consumer feedback.

I have two accounts, one for me and one for my 7 year old daughter who I take on quests with me when she is in the mood to adventure!

I have a toon from every class in the game and I look forward to Mod 5 with great anticipation.

Thank you for the great work you and the developers have done to improve Stormreach, I love this game!

Quote Originally Posted by randallflagg View Post
    After reading hours of posts, no matter what you do to improve the overall gaming experience in Stormreach, the general overall response will be; CONSTANT WHINING AND COMPLAINING!

D & D Online, Stormreach is an addictive, thoughtful, Fantastic game that is superior to any game I have played. (I am an avid gamer and I have played hundreds of Demo's to back up my statement)

Every addition to the game has been a success built off consumer feedback.

I have two accounts, one for me and one for my 7 year old daughter who I take on quests with me when she is in the mood to adventure!

I have a toon from every class in the game and I look forward to Mod 5 with great anticipation.

Thank you for the great work you and the developers have done to improve Stormreach, I love this game!
    agreed
    LEGION - Long Live Xoriat
    DrakfuMnkDrakbahBrbDrakkoniquePMDrakkennPMDrakabethRn18/M/RoDrakkleeBowfajDrakketteSor
    DrakardiSorDrakfeyFVSDrakmereFVSDrakicerArtDrakkenaPalDrakkerrBrdDrakkessaDruDrakulKenDrakkorethClc
    32pt 34pt 36pt 7+TR

Quote Originally Posted by Drak View Post
    agreed
    There definately is a lot of whining and complaining, im from beta, well have abeta acct. some where, when the game was first released it was great, but it stinks, that we have to wait so long for new content. a few major things we're still missing are the actual ROLE PLAYING elements, building/enchanting your own weapons and armor.. They fix it so the ranger would have a companion, but what about spell casters, where are they're toads, hawks and stuff?

These are some reasons for the complaints, and a huge list was removed from when the board was wiped.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast