Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar
    in the dark...cold...UnderWater places...

Angry Generosity=curse?

I am sorry,
    I had no intention of treating you like a charity case. Forcing you to
    feel obligated..
    I see my mistake...lol...a little late.

I was grouped with my guild...(anytime we have 2 or more of us in
    group...well! it ends up a guild group)
    and I noticed I was unusually taxing on the cleric/sorcerer/bard.
    Being a 4th level sorcerer with limited spell availability or a 5th level
    rogue with issues or a 2nd level warforged barbarian with supply issues,
    I occasionally have a problem with the "sit back and let everyone else
    handle it" mind set...

I can't do it.

I have to nuke, I have to back stab, I must take all the agro
    (respectively)...therefore...I must die.

Healer types from outside the guild do not understand this.

My warforged was told last night, after handing our 4 wands to the
    outside guild casters and 4 to the guild caster...gotta keep my bros
    stocked...gota get some hjeels!

...I was told that the presents (ok, my bad) I had given them, were for
    after battle and between battles only...

I had pots. I was good with that...but...um...I give stuff with the hope
    that they will not be stockpiled and saved for a later date. I give things
    to be used (was not the only WF in the group)... to alleviate some of
    the cost of grouping with me... to stop forcing you to use your SP on
    me...

Right?

Since, when I logged in an alt to buy the mass quan of wands, I bought
    a bunch of potions, I used said potions and rarely needed the
    wandage.... and felt much better for it...but did you have to treat me
    like a punk!....DUDE!

If I give you stuff before a quest I hope that at least 75% of the gifts
    will be used.

If I give you stuff for a quest in progress, 50% is for repayment of
    services already delivered and 25% for expected expenses.

If I give you stuff after a quest because...I suck...I was out of
    money... forgot to gift you before hand...I was ill prepared and it is a
    gift...gratis...cause you were cool and overlooked my oversight...and
    your uberness kept the quest going.

Right?

Never try to repay me.

Never try to give back...

What I give is not returnable!

And offering me a bloodstone...well...nice, but unnecessary!
    Rogues:Sheillea & Sheilleah Noonscense, Yarrelle Clerics: Juin Muddawber Bards: Sequestria Isolatine & Gheorghe Zamfir Ranger: Eloah Farfletcher Fighters: Yvonniva, Ocksocks & Goodgame The Improper Sorceress: Blastrine Meanase Barbarians: Espresso Breve & Mkthirtyfour, Boomshakalak Wizards: Clairity of Merk & Misstickle Fingersofdeath

Wow, good rant. LOL. Can I agree with you on this? I would say though, that if I give a wand in advance and you never heal me, yet I still die, I want it back. Have only ran into this a few times. Also, some specialty wands (Remove curse) I have on my fighter I will request back because the wand is a lot of money to me. Give it to you, remove EVERYBODY'S curse and hand it back (at end of adventure if a lot of spell casters). Is this wrong? I usually trade a cure mod wand or something when they give it back for thanks though.

And another thing...I almost always ask before hand if they are using wands to heal? If so, hand one out. If we get to a shrine and you say "I am burning through the wands guys" and you still are at full SP, dont expect another one from me.

Agree/disagree?
    Sarlona - Role Player - Newbie - Like to take it slow - I think soloing improves skills - Like to PUG/Meet new People - PST - Working on Ninjadom
    Reeser Sozai Level 8 THW Human Fighter - (Lightstorm Dragonslayers) -- OnlyChance Thor Level 3 Dwarf Fighter - (Perma Death Extreme Explorer)

Wow, totally agree with you guys. Cleric is very expensive to run, and I certainly appreciate any help ($ or wands). Anyway, sad to hear you were treated that way. The Cleric should be grateful for the wands, unfortunately alot of non-guildies are pretty stingy in helping out PUG Clerics.
    Psycocia, Bittwoo, Grandeure, and a bunch of test characters...

Its like the healer threw a party...(LOL)
    and invited 5 others...
    Do you bring stuff to a party? I try to...if they will let me...something to drink at least!

If the invite said BYO wands/potions...ok at least, we know...

But the host should at least try to hand out some of the stuff that gets brought...

Don't save all the food brought to a pot luck for your snacks after we leave...

OMG!
    GET ME OFF THE FORUMS I AM MAKING SENSE!

Grrrrrr.......
    Rogues:Sheillea & Sheilleah Noonscense, Yarrelle Clerics: Juin Muddawber Bards: Sequestria Isolatine & Gheorghe Zamfir Ranger: Eloah Farfletcher Fighters: Yvonniva, Ocksocks & Goodgame The Improper Sorceress: Blastrine Meanase Barbarians: Espresso Breve & Mkthirtyfour, Boomshakalak Wizards: Clairity of Merk & Misstickle Fingersofdeath

Community Member

Hows this for an amusing story to add to this thread:

The guild I'm in had a cleric throw a tantrum and quit because we wanted to setup a guild cleric fund in order to help out clerics (and bards and such to an extent) with their financial burden.

She claimed that by supplying her with wands or scrolls or plat we were telling her how to play her character and she didn't need our help since all she plays are her five or six or eight clerics.

Go figure, right? With some you can never win or even be helpful.

A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

Default Nose pickers

So I see you've had your share of run ins with the infamous arcane nose picker as well...the casters who still dont know that a repair wand has other uses than to dislodge all those boogers.

Never did figure out why they think they need so many nose pickers. Never did find a great way to deal with this except to roll up a wf wiz.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

Luckily I have never ran into this problem...but the few times I have ran with warforged I do notice they have a hard time getting healing love. Arcanes can't be bothered and I will say as a cleric they eat up the mana.. I do heal them though mana sponge or no. My bard is always happy to heal the warforged...I even keep a wand or two in the bank for those occasions I am grouped with them.

That all being said wand healing is slow. If your health during a battle depends on wand healing alone..hey I can forsee some death no matter how often that wand is being used on you. My clerics use wands, sucks down mana pots and recalls out for mana defending on the quests, so if I tell you wands are mainly used for inbetween fights its not about being stingy.. its about keeping people alive.
    Sarlona Guild Succesor for The Harpers...Here nonstop since March 2006
    Sheelagh 20 cleric/ Banan 20TR bard/ Vigdis 20 fighter/ Maebh 17TR barbarian/ Sameera 16 paladin/ Catiriona 20 cleric and various others

I'm all up for help with healing. My WF Wizard always uses wands here and there to help out healing the metal in us but if I need burst healing, I damn well use it from spells

Dunno, maybe some people aren't mature and they see these 'funds' as 'weaknesses' and not a bond that ties players to the party?

Need some healing? Look me up, Yvonne. I play one race, Warforged. My characters are a 14 Cleric, 10 Wizard / 4 Fighter, and a Rogue 6 / Barbarian 3. One of the three cannot heal. None of them will ever refuse to heal a warforged.

I was told today that I would not be healed because I was a warforged. I have not been told that in a long time. I was the only one not taking damage in the quest and was second in kills by 4 (using the rogue).

Once I was told that they would not heal me while I was playing my cleric. They were serious, I was the only cleric. I told them I would take care of my own healing, and left the group. They asked why I left, I told them ignorance drove me away.

What i can't stand more is the clerics who flat out refuse to heal a warforged ever. I make it a point on every warforged i play to take all the healers friends enhancements (except my wizard who can self heal). The clerics are always saying it wastes sp.

What wastes sp more, helping a character live or trying to rez a near party wipe? Helping a character live would be my guess.

If a tank is keeping the agro off the cleric and wizards, don't you want him to live? Apparantly not.

To me keeping the tanks up and moving is a benefit not a curse.

Oops, i guess I am explaining what a cleric does and thus am telling people who play clerics how to play a cleric. I'll stop now, it is their game and they are the ones wasting space in a group that could have a healer and not a bigot.
    ---Caffeine---
    Peikel Dwarf Cleric [] BigByrd WF wizard [] Mentau Halfling Barb [] Condoria Human monk

I agree. As a thought in my mind, a cleric burns more mana trying to help a WF than the other races and hence would be nose-raised-in-the-air about helping them again.. I wouldn't care, my cleric will help ANYone.. but I do have a Wizard who, unlike some wizards, would gladly help any warforged out there.

Once my computer arrives, I will gladly help anyone in the healing department.

I hope I did not come off as against warforged...that they are harder to heal for a cleric is just a fact of the game. Noone can accuse me of not healing the warforged with the same zeal I cure any other. It is frustrating when arcanes in the group won't even help out between battles to top them off with repair wands instead of me going through cure wands, but not much I can do about that other than avoid those arcanes in the future. I have never grouped with a warforged on my wizard but I know if I do i will swap for at least one repair spell for battle and carry a repair wand.
    Sarlona Guild Succesor for The Harpers...Here nonstop since March 2006
    Sheelagh 20 cleric/ Banan 20TR bard/ Vigdis 20 fighter/ Maebh 17TR barbarian/ Sameera 16 paladin/ Catiriona 20 cleric and various others

A mobile construct citadel in the Mournland where I plot fleshling death.

This is why i flat out refuse to repair fleshlings. Pft! Let 'em die.
    My Videos Shadow Mage (ok, it's a build now)
    A forum post should be like a skirt - long enough to cover the subject material, but short enough to keep things interesting.
    Britches and Hose kidnapped my dog and are forcing him to farm Shroud ingredients.

In-game, I automatically squelch anyone who gives me some bogus answer like:

"Sorry, no healing for WF."

or

"They don't want a WF in the group."

It happens often enough to be ridiculous.

Sometimes even from players you'd think were cool or respectable.
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

My main is a cleric (though I don't often PUG as a rule) and the only people I don't heal: Idiots.

Race is immaterial.

The Server Formerly Known As Aerenal ...and Cannith
    Legends of Aerenal: Officer - Gods and Heroes: Peon
    Allectus Siff, James Tiberius Kirk, Spanner Siff, Syphax Siff, Ulixes Siff, Etc.

When I am the cleric I look at bars not the characters. If a bar is low I fkey or click on it and then heal. Then it is on to the next low bar. I am not worried about the cost. I mostly use my heal spell and heal scrolls more than anyhting else so I can conserve my sp a little for fun spells.
    Grinndal 17th Level Ranger. Cobain 19th Level Cleric. Milhouse 18th Level Fighter. Bonham 20th Level Ranger

From the Village of Aerenal located in the Land of Sarlona Gravis Negotium

The only problem I have ever run into on the opposite side is a WF that handed me repair wands (playing my sorc). I said I would be happy to repair him but only between battles. He got mad and demanded his wands back. Now am I wrong for wanting to be invovled in the battles as well with more then just watching his health bar?
    *Sarlona*
    **Neo Skullriders**

Talanthis - 14 Cleric
    Renny - 14 Fighter
    Harlet - 14 Bard
    Swami - 14 Sorcerer
    Goose - 7 Ranger / 1 Rogue

Community Member

Default Healing and warforged

My main is a pally utillity build. I often use the LOH to heal warforged in the group because the clerics are hard pressed to keep them up and the arcanes " aren't clerics ". I heal the Warforged and the cleric heals me. He also carries heal scrolls and reconstruct. I often stand in the back row with the caster and clerics back up healer and arcane healer. The way I see it I am much more usefull keeping the Warforged Bard or Fighter up and swinging. No way I'mm going to match the DPS. Can also catch the caster agro that ghets past the front line.

My cleric will be more than glad to throw heals the warforged way. With crits and the like I can keep a warforged up fairly well. Doesn't burn Mana any faster than keeping the squishy two weapon rogue and ranger types. That like to tank like a fighter healed
    Last edited by Flamegaze; 08-27-2007 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Proud Member of Mythical
    Jarviz Lothbane Drow 12 Pally/ 2 Rogue
    Schwitezers Peer Human 13.2 Cleric
    Flamegaze Warforged Fighter 3
    Juggernawt Warforged Mule
    Stormhand Human Fighter 5

This sorcerer never used them once...
    The one that made the comment...
    Never offered to return the unused portion...

I know...blah blah blah...
    I have potions...
    I will keep wands on me and offer them to the one who is healing me?
    <sigh>
    All you Forged out there.

How do you handle it?

Do you automatically open a trade window and deliver wands at the start of a quest?

Do you just bring enough potions (and wands if you can use them)?

Do you take the Wait and See approach and hand wands to the first person who attempts to heal you?

If I was the cleric and told people I would only heal them after the battle...

Welll.

I am sure I would have been told I was the SuX0r est cleric and give me some #### hjeals! now or i Sux0r!

It wasn't like I told the caster he needed to mem repair...or swap out a spell (on a sorc...and yes I heard this in a pug once!)...

I expected no mana to be used on me.
    No buffs...
    No resists...
    No repairs...
    I carry potions...and I am only level 3.

I only asked that they wand me once in a while...I can heal myself after battle with potions...

I can't keep the mobs off you if I need to run away mid battle and try to heal myself.

I can take a couple of steps back...pop a couple of pots...
    But then I must get back into it. And try to recover the agro I lost while stepping back...and re block the door...oh...maybe I should not have repaired myself...CARP! They are loose!

I can't use a repair wand on myself...I am a BARB! I fight till I am dead!

I don't want to insult any one in this thread, as I am 100% positive that you are all true to your word. However, I find it ironic that when one of these threads appears, people come from everywhere to say that they would never refuse to heal a forged. I just don't see it in the game as often as I read people saying they do it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast