Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

All I can say is do not do it. At low levels great fun but elite content at high levels you will be a cancer on the group and be an over inflated balloon ready to pop. Whatever you do make sure you max int (wiz) and cha (sor) and think of the melee abilities as second hand for BS mobs. True melee types are going to kill it 6 times faster and you will become a bad buff bot. Just make a bard if you want to hit and buff. Wiz and Sor are one of the few classes that need to be pure. Just my two cents; you can not have your cake and eat it too some times.
    StageFive Clinger 16 CLR - TheDolphinn 12PAL/4FT - HowIRole Rog15/FTR1 - TheDolphin RGR12/FTR4 - DrLove 16 Wiz - LoveMachine BRD9/ROG2/FTR1 - DoctorLove 2 MONK
    What happens in Vegas stays in Vegas!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by aheschel View Post
    All I can say is do not do it. At low levels great fun but elite content at high levels you will be a cancer on the group and be an over inflated balloon ready to pop. Whatever you do make sure you max int (wiz) and cha (sor) and think of the melee abilities as second hand for BS mobs. True melee types are going to kill it 6 times faster and you will become a bad buff bot. Just make a bard if you want to hit and buff. Wiz and Sor are one of the few classes that need to be pure. Just my two cents; you can not have your cake and eat it too some times.
    This point of view is sooooo 2006. The Arcane Psycho is a perfect build for a melee wizard.
    Last edited by Aspenor; 11-05-2007 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aspenor View Post
    This point of view is sooooo 2006. The Arcane Psycho is a perfect build for a melee wizard.
    It is a great build, and omg let me tell you, delera was punked by them.

We had the psycho wiz dwarf, lvl 7/1, and my WFspellblade lvl 7/1 and that was the end of that series.

The "true melees" just couldnt handle it. The two of just flew through it, gather trash mobs, soften them up with a firewall and fireball or two, then wade in. Nothing like having FW damage poping in a dozen places while your swinging a big ass sword/axe/maul/halfing. Im sure at cap my melee wont be "perfect" but the psycho build has great melee with damage spells to back it up, and mine has strong casting to help him hold his own. Overall much better builds then other casters at those levels. My lvl 8 wiz has consistently lead kills, and often made the pure casters cry(the sorcerers try to outburn me, but if they dont one-shot it, their dance card fills up).

And for my build being poor in the endgame, im giving up a max of +1 dc to a pure maxed intel wizard, 2 spell slots and 1 caster level.

gain 11 hp, weapon prof., a feat, and some other abilities(fighter haste boost )

Overall very fun for a player used to melee(all my other toons are DPS melee versions of their class) wanting to play a caster.
    Aundair, New Khyber
    Alreck Gingerbarrel(15clr/1barb), Torrak Gingerbarrel(16 Brd), Oat(13 Rgr/3Ftr), Moxxy(16 Sor), Thorrac Gingerbarrel(6 Pal/1 Ftr) <<Current Toons>>

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragons1ayer74 View Post
    I have a warforge 1 fighter/6 wizard and he has been an easy and fun character too play. I am messing around with admantine plating and spell failure and have a lesser arcane sigil docet (15% spell failure right now when I swap to the lesser arcane docet). I can solo most any thing and I can dish it out in a group. I play him like a super buffed warrior and fight with a two handed weapon.

The spell failure does happen but most of the time my spell points are spent on buffs so not a big deal. Once you know the quests and learn when and how you can spend your manna I find this character really shines.

Never having to ask for a haste...priceless.

WOW OMFG u gota be kidding me 1lvl ftr and the rest in wizzy or w/e...u expect to do damage like that with melee ... -_- ferill u havent played anything above lvl12 on elite then have you .....anything ANYTHING that sucks is ruled out and dies alot and should be a forgoten build.

i have a (so far) Helf(cleric as my dillet.) 3ftr/4wiz and out dps's the true ftrs and barbs half the time because i can do alot more because i ahve blurr/BS/haste/SS and the like (some scrolls/wands) btw there not all newbie pugs i hate to be with some 1 that doesnt take ur advice to heart when they have no idea *** to do....well IMO anyway

planed build is for 8ftr/12wizzy (yes i know ill be lacking there so ill have to stay nxt not infront of the ftr's then
    but thats ok)//the way i see it is ..yes selfsuf. is AWSOME but when u are healers notice u more often and keep on ur during battles because after ur all healed up (by urself)

im not trying to be an @$$ but ferill the reason pugs suck and quests fail so often is because ppl mostly dnt know there place and not every1 has the dr or hp to rush..a 1ftr or even 2 seams gimped if ur going for bowdamage(what are u even hiting 5-10 damage?) when u can specialize in it already hope i help atleased and changed ur mind from dieng gl

edit: im noticing ALOT of ppl posting "we did delaras or other LOW quests -_- what about dreaming dark or any sands/von quests? .."wheres the caster?" "...sht hes dead AGIN *** are u doing ahead!!!" ..yeah
    Last edited by chorsil; 03-28-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12