Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

I love the idea, but the times suck for me, im at work during that time.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Seems we are still in need of a caster/healer in our group. I will reroll to either a wiz or a sorc if need be. That is if someone else wants to be the rogue.

Though I could try the rogue/wiz route, but would prefer to keep it either rogue based or caster and not mix the 2.

====
    EDIT
    ====

Ok just done the solo quest in the Wavecrest, and ready to start goodblades with the group when we meet up.
    Last edited by Nymea; 09-07-2007 at 04:25 AM.

Rolled up my fighter. His name is Adamantinis ( I think I spelled it right). He still has to solo only quest to do, then he will be ready.
    CannithThievious 20 Human Rogue(2nd Life) , Bastidious 15 drow TWF fighter, Botious 10 Warforged Frenzy Barbarian

Ok looks like Group II is going to be off and running on Sunday . If I am correct Nitestalker will not be able to make the first week. But the other three will.
    “Grrroar” from Group I has gracelessly offered to help out group II for the night.

Also I am extending a request to Rekoil to lead Group II since he was the first to inquire about the party. If you want the job Rekiol PM me and I’ll let ya know what I’m thinking.

Oh and Nymea, looking at your group so far….it might be a little hard at the first couple levels , but even if you stay with rogue, you will have 3 people who can wand whip for healing ..and maybe the next interested party member will want to play a caster. as i've stated before..play what YOU want so you'll have fun... if you want to switch go ahead I did once already..let me know .

=

=
    Guild Leader of "Rest in Pieces" Sarlona RP guild
    Officer of Dedicated Teams Guild be a part of a larger community

That is correct I will be MIA for the first night due to military constraints (drill) lol
    CannithThievious 20 Human Rogue(2nd Life) , Bastidious 15 drow TWF fighter, Botious 10 Warforged Frenzy Barbarian

My wifes Bard that will be there is name Philomela. So look for her.

No word from Rekoil?

Default Group II

Talked with Rekiol and I'm still looking for someone to get Group II up and going on sundays

My thinking is for someone to just be able to get the group together on sunday nights with invites when everyone logs on, and at the end of the night or before next session PM, Email, or post on the forum what quests Group II Completed that night, so I can keep track of both Groups and their progression.

let me know who would like to try it

Other than that looks like sunday is a go for group I and II

....and the Warforged shall rule!

=

=

Now have a WF wizard ready to roll for sunday. Name is Livewood. See what the situation is, we have a ranger and a bard this sunday and a fighter joining us the following week. Definatly think we will need an arcane to heal us.

Will add the members of group 2 to my friends list, so when they log on they cn be invited into a group.

As for proposed quests to do I am usure. Are we allowed to go along the normal>hard>elite route ?
    Last edited by Nymea; 09-08-2007 at 09:58 AM.

I can roll up whatever is required. I chose Ranger on a whim but I'm not invested in that class at all. Let me know.

Default Quests

Any quest is fine at the level your at...i.e. lvl 1 - all lvl 1 quests..lvl 2 - all lvl 2 quest.

Stick to normal for now. save hard and leet for days when not all the group shows, we need favor, or we need to catch members up so we can all level at the same time. This will make a little slower go of xp and leveling but, will also let everyone go at a slower pace, and not have to worry about TPK's

~Edit~ Since we have added a couple members late to both teams. Rules have been altered a little to as follows:

1) You can level when everyone in your group is ready to level I.E...... if everyone has enough XP to level to 3 but you still have 2nd level quests to do. Group can decide, as a whole, to level; but must finish all quest of lowest level before moving to next level quests.

=

=
    Last edited by tcmexman; 09-15-2007 at 05:01 PM. Reason: addition to rules

Something is irking me on this thread. It keeps coming up over and over again, and the idea that you "need" a healer is a fallacy. I run with a perma-death group as my main character and we have the strictest rules around. Meaning no buying of potions, wands, scrolls and no auction house and trading end quest rewards. We do fine without a healer and we can usually do quests on hard as well. So the idea that you "need" a healer is bogus.

My point is, play what you like. I'm sure eventually, later down the road, we will want a healer for some hard quests, but we are bound to get new members, and there is always the option for multi-classing Wizard if need be. I know for sure that you don't need a healer for any quests in the harbor, except Irestone Inlet if you play tactically and wisely.

Tip: Rogue or Ranger goes first...always. They are the ones usually with good spot, hide, and sneak. If you are a Rogue or ranger and don't have good spot, let people know so we can put the person who does in front. NEVER go in front of your Rogue. That is how you die from traps. Just be patient.

Tip: Prioritizing targets. You need to kill Casters first, strongest melee or ranged second, and all others 3rd.

Tip: If you have good AC and a shield, use it to shield block enemies for others. This is how tanks keep the ranged and caster professions from getting agro. That and intimidate. You are the only line of defense between the squishy behind you and the enemy. Make sure you put yourself between them. There are many situations and uses of shield block, just use your imagination.

Tip: Controlling agro. Okay, now tanks should be using Intimidate and hitting them with trip and sunder, but what can casters and ranged classes do? Well, casters can hypno, sleep, charm and etc to disable a group of enemies, but they can also control the amount of dmg they do to the enemy by waiting until the tanks get agro first. Ranged isn't as much as a problem, but they should make sure they aren't out damaging the tank while the tank is getting agro.

Tip: Rogue should open the doors and chests first. You never know when one might be trapped. Remember that this group is a no spoiler group, so even if you do know, don't act like it by opening it first.

Tip: Clerics and Wizards are more than a one trick pony. Clerics have powerful buffing and crowd control spells that make better use of their mana, especially in a Warforged group, than healing reckless group mates. So show consideration for the healers by playing smart and taking it slow. I'd rather have a Cleric stunning the enemies so the Rogue can get sneak attacks in and us not take much damage, than to run through a quest fast, some people die, others suck up the healers mana. As for Wizards, we all know they are the real healers for a Warforged party. But lets be considerate of their feelings as well. They know they have a repair spell, but they also have arcane damaging spells, buffs, and other nice utility spells that are more valuable than the repair spell. It is inevitable that we will encounter hard content and will need a healer, but if we play smart, we won't need healers that much and the healers can actually play a more important role in the group by enhancing our damage, our buffs, and group utility.

Note: I know everyone isn't a DDO expert and I don't claim to be. I am far from it. I know mistakes happen; we all will make plenty of them. But if we learn to use those tactics above "at least," we will have a lot easier time in completing quests without many deaths at all...and without much need of a full-time healer.

Well, i'm brazilian and not so good on "hear" english. but i like RP and be good on write fast. I was searching for a dedicated brazilian team, but the needs to a international cc make things difficult to me.

I can create a WF on Sarlona and play at Sunday 8 pm (GMT-5, right?). Im a little new on the game (my high-level toon is a 4th halfling wiz) and after the harbor quests i can stop to play as if i dont know to trully dont know anything

So... can i join the Group II? I rolled a Wiz (Tenma Cyran). I'll be there tomorrow.
    Last edited by nibel; 09-08-2007 at 09:22 PM.

OK, I rolled up a WF sorc named Direarcane (see a trend here? ). See you guys and gal tomorrow.

I mechantrix priest of the great machine will join your ranks. (lvl 1 sorc)
    Action boosts would be fine if they topped out at +5 at 20th lvl.

Thumbs up Welcome!

Well well…seems our 2 groups are almost complete….

Welcome Nibel (Tenma), and Celebrochan (mechantrix) : )

Added

Group I – Mechantix

Group II – Tenma

Looks like only one spot left on group II.

Lets have both Group I and Group II meet up at the Wavecrest Tavern Sunday night. I’ll get everyone, not guilded, up and going then we can join our respective groups and go from there!...

~note~ I agree with Findecano’s above post. We are all here to have a good time. If we all work together and let everyone in the group do there parts, things will go, for the most part, smooth. Thanks for the Tips Findecano.
    If anyone else has any tips/suggestions feel free to share em…we have all had different experiences with DDO I’m sure, and can learn from each other.

=

=
    Last edited by tcmexman; 09-08-2007 at 11:51 PM.

OK fellow Wrforge that I have on my friends list are

Direarcane WF Sorc
    Direbow (I know they are the same person) WF Ranger
    Philomela WF Bard
    Tenma WF Wiz

Sorry could not add your character Nitestalker, for somereason the game ws telling me tht the character did not exist.

As for quests to do, can I suggest that we do

Level One
    Goodblades-scrolls
    Goodblades-Elixir
    Goodblades-Daggers
    Low Road
    Sewer Rescue
    Missing Ward
    Matter of Protection

Level 2
    Garrisons Missing Pack
    Durks got a Secret
    Butchers Path

Its okay I think I spelled it wrong anyway. Sorry I won't make it, will try to still get home and see how things are going at least Have fun and treat my wife well, RP is new to her, as well as the idea od a dedicated team, oh and the whole WF thing she was not as fond of, but I thnk the group will make it for her and she will like what happens, at least I hope lol.

Wish I could be there, but I will find out about the fun from my wife

Ah new to RP and dedicated teams. We will be nice, promise. I had a brief experience of a roleplayng dedicated team about 6 months ago, but it did not last long. Though it was very enjoyable when it lasted. If you do make it back in time jump into the group, we should have space

Really nice night. I don't knew about the fun we have on RP everything. I was a little shy on the start, but ended being one with the most talked.

Group II finished Goodblades quests, Low Road, Sewer Rescue, Missing Ward and Matter of Protection.

After the quests, i was talking with Nitestalker and his wife, and thinked about let all our money in a single toon (In our case, Philomela, who had the higher Haggle). Since it's we all against the world, join forces and use the best from all is better, right? It's a little metagame, but is so natural like let the rogue search before open each chest.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast