Thread: Any news?

Default Any news?

I unfortunately was unable to go to Gen-Con cuz of work related issues, but I was wondering if any of you all got some info on DDO itself that we may not know.

So fess up!

Honestly I didnt get much info at all. I was too drunk to ask questions Lot of good I am... last year I was posting hot juicy news at 4am after getting back to my room. This year I didnt get much of anything.

It was only 3 Turbine guys there, and they werent really there in any official capacity. Brought some swag to the party... one dev had his laptop and was showing off some Mod5 stuff. Some of what appears to be raid loot was absurdly awesome...

What I can remember was a dual-sword (it had 2 blades - but they were stacked, it wasnt a double-bladed-sword (IE: not a dual-weapon)) that was both anarchaic and axiomatic and had 2 different greater banes on it.

I think something else was a +5 banisher, cant remember clearly. There was a mace with "Sun Burst" on it that did 6d6 light damage on a crit, or 12d6 to undead and slimes

A fantastic looking armored robe and a cool-as-hell shield, dont remember the stats.

See, thats what I get for trying to get a look at these things with 30 other people crowded around a laptop, in a bar, while drinking.
    Last edited by LordDamax; 08-21-2007 at 12:40 PM.
    Long Live New Xoriat
    "I wish I had a chest so big you could zone into it." - Tolero at Gencon '07
    Thank you Gary - 3/4/08

Quote Originally Posted by LordDamax View Post
    Honestly I didnt get much info at all. I was too drunk to ask questions Lot of good I am... last year I was posting hot juicy news at 4am after getting back to my room. This year I didnt get much of anything.

It was only 3 Turbine guys there, and they werent really there in any official capacity. Brought some swag to the party... one dev had his laptop and was showing off some Mod5 stuff. Some of what appears to be raid loot was absurdly awesome...

What I can remember was a dual-sword (it had 2 blades - but they were stacked, it wasnt a double-bladed-sword (IE: not a dual-weapon)) that was both anarchaic and axiomatic and had 2 different greater banes on it.

I think something else was a +5 banisher, cant remember clearly. There was a mace with "Sun Burst" on it that did 6d6 light damage on a crit, or 12d6 to undead and slimes

A fantastic looking armored robe and a cool-as-hell shield, dont remember the stats.

See, thats what I get for trying to get a look at these things with 30 other people crowded around a laptop, in a bar, while drinking.
    That is the more important part....
    forums.ddo.com : the comedic gift that keeps on giving!

Quote Originally Posted by Deaths Ward
    Then by the magic of the mighty ones, someone from Turbine swung the +5 Banishing Banhammer of Greater Cheating A**hole Bane and scored a Nat. 20.