of the darkness within my own soul's desire

Arrow Throwing my hat in the Ring

Some of you may know me as that trolling moderator and Argonnessen Guildlistings guy. A few of you may have read an argument or two I provoked in regards to Infractions and Consequences (a Time vs Undefined Results argument). Most of you likely haven't heard of me at all, and that's just fine too. I've been here since the beginning of DDO and plan to stay until its end. My name is Kistilan and I've followed Turbine since 1999 with the release of Asheron's Call. I've also been table top gaming since 1989 in elementary school, so I'm no stranger to a twelve-sided die and my DM Guide or the red boxed set. Lastly, I'm currently military with the United States Air Force and hold a BA in English Literature, minors in journalism and philosophy.

You might be asking yourself, "Why is this guy introducing himself to the Guild Matchup -- shouldn't he be introducing his guild???" How true, but my guild is on Argonnessen and I'm completely satisfied with the rate of recruits that it draws. I am not here to advertise my guild.

I'm here to announce my candidacy to take over Ret Greenwood's job. I don't even think Ret's around anymore, and that's a shame because I'd like to have scored his endorsement on this request. I still have the first email correspondence via PM with Ret saved during the headstart week/end before the commercial release of DDO, and I was very pleased that he responded to each person individually with great attention and care for their guild's listing in the Guild Matchup.

Well, with Ret quite possibly gone, the Guild Matchup's DDO Guildlistings Thread is certainly doing nothing but collecting dust and advertising false or defunct guilds in its cobwebs. The listed servers are obviously now erroneous and require a very sincere and thorough purging as well in the listings. All in all, the former sticky is simply out-of-date and greatly misleading to new and old players alike. I'm sure there is some nastalgic value in Ret's listings -- who doesn't like to see their buddy's old guild listed to remind them of the good old days? However, the main purpose here is to create an operational and factually-correct representation of DDO's current guilds for players to pick and choose from, is it not?

So that's why I'm throwing my hat in the Ring to be the new Guildlistings Manager (GLM) for the p2p Guild Matchup. If you have any doubts on my ability to handle this project with care and attention, please review the Argonnessen Guildlistings (which will be taken over by Aargos soon, freeing me for this possible position). I hope you find what is there to be adequate and satisfactory. I would like to also state that I have much more in mind for an even better design for the Guild Matchup listings and will enhance its functionallity even more than the Argonnessen Guildlistings already offer.

Please feel free to contact me in this thread or via Private Message if you have any questions, concerns or comments. I hope that the community as a whole will endorse my request to take this post as the Guild Matchup Guildlistings Manager. Thank-ye all for your time.

Fair Sojourns, and well-met.

-Kistilan Jerah Dark
    Last edited by Kistilan; 08-19-2007 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Proper Grammar

Community Member Beorn_The_Bear's Avatar

Guilds are what will help this game and the community, last so i will support anybody who wants to help people to find a home for their adventurers and help this community keep its members

Great initiative

Thumbs up Hooray Kist!

Kudos Kist! You do a great job on the Argo forums. Incorporated the new Mabar guilds smooth as silk.
    Order of the Silver Dragons
    Syrbryce 10 TR Blitz, Hellagood 18 Cleric, Hawtness 17/2 Warchanter

Stormreach Advisor

I'm all for it, though as I said in that thread, I don't think it would be a good idea to duplicate guild listings (Ret's example is a good evidence of why). Thus I'm looking forward to hearing exactly what you have to propose.