Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default "dndclient.exe has encountered an error and must shut down"...***?????

OK,
    So waiting patiently today for the service update after the merge, I also upgraded memory to 4 gig to see if that would help my computer run the game on my end. I was zooming along after all the servers came back online, started a new toon, was halfway through a quest...then this message comes up and closes DDO. At first I thought "OK, they just finished maintenance, it's a one-time thing, no big." Then it happened again less than 20 minutes after I logged back on. From 3pm Monday till 5:41am Tuesday it's happened a total of 26 times. My RECORD amount of time online before it does this was an hour and a half. And before you even point the finger at my machine, DDO is the ONLY internet based program that does this. So in the immortal words of my role model from Family Guy..."What the deuce???????????"

Community Member

I've been getting dndclient.exe errors 3-5 times a day since the merge.

There was only two incidents in the past 1.5 years since I've had a dndclient.exe error.

And, coincidentally I also have 4 gigs of RAM in 64-bit Vista.

Community Member

I have hung at loading screens a few times since merge, but never had client crash, just had to manually Alt-F4. 4 Gig RAM and windows XP64 here.

Quote Originally Posted by tekn0mage View Post
    I've been getting dndclient.exe errors 3-5 times a day since the merge.

There was only two incidents in the past 1.5 years since I've had a dndclient.exe error.

And, coincidentally I also have 4 gigs of RAM in 64-bit Vista.
    Me too.
    Amadare Ardency Discordance Fascination Xalixis

Community Member

It is a good idea to periodically blow away DDO and reinstall completely. Between the massive patches and the way M$ handles files, data gets juggled around pretty good.

It's likely vista, DDO doesn't get along well with it.
    Although really, it's more the other way around, but the game certainly isn't helping.

Have you tried making a tech report for it?

Default Me too

I get the ddo.exe client crash 1-2 times per week - although the other day I was running the reaver and the game crashed twice after I pulled the lever while flying. (That was annoying)
    I used to get the crash once every several weeks but now the pace has pciked up...so your not the only one is this boat.
    Illinar | Draconion | Starrloom | Ling | Microwave | Charnel | Scorcher
    PESTILENCE

May want to check the memory.
    StanC
    "Are you a complete Idiot ?"
    "No some parts are missing"
    "What level Dungeon Master are you ?"

The memory is fine. However, now not only am I getting crashes, which I used to NEVER get, but now I'm also getting held up on EXTREMELY long load screens. If this is the outcome of a server merge, UN-MERGE NOW!

Community Member Tenkari_Rozahas's Avatar

try de-fragging your HD, sometimes you get errors because your HD's so messed up that it cand find the files quick enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwbarry View Post
    Your doomsaying of doom does not meet the doom regulations for doom font, doom color, or doom spelling, specifically the number of "o"s. Please take a moment and correct these glaring doom issues.

Computer was defragged yesterday BEFORE I logged on to play after the downtime. Running Windows XP...not Vista. And if this error persists me and in-game tech support are gonna go a few rounds!

Default Try uninstalling Memory - back to 2 gig

Not that the memory chips may be bad but the game itself may have an issue with memory managment in certain scenarios. Try scaling back to 2 gigs and see if it makes a diff.

Ive had some really strange issues with memory and AMD processors. My current board refuses to run more than 1.5 gigs, even though its listed for 4gb. After further research I found a large issue with AMD and memory issues. Its documented at the AMD site. Certainly sours me on AMD and wont ever buy another, but Im a ATI Fanboi- its killin me.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Azara View Post
    Computer was defragged yesterday BEFORE I logged on to play after the downtime. Running Windows XP...not Vista. And if this error persists me and in-game tech support are gonna go a few rounds!

XP Isnt even Compatable with 4 Gigs of Ram.......

And have you actually run Memtest86 for morew than 1 loop? (like 20-50 loops)
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Quote Originally Posted by Azara View Post
    The memory is fine. However, now not only am I getting crashes, which I used to NEVER get, but now I'm also getting held up on EXTREMELY long load screens.
    I've been getting this problem as of recently too, I have even tried the "repair" feature for the game, but to no avail, it still happens periodically with no rhyme or reason. I can't detect any pattern of events or anything that's close to being the same when it happens.
    Sometimes it will crash, two or three times with in 5 minutes (Really annoying) then be fine for the next 4 or 5 hours. Some days it doesn't crash, other days it does. Some times it's once then everything is fine, other times it crashed multiple times in a short time period.

My Memory is fine, and every other thing on my PC works fine. I've had the PC looked at by a friend who built it and builds them for a living. The problem is not with the PC.

As I said repair didn't work, any other thoughts?
    Proud Officer of the Holy Warriors~the Riedra Server- Now Khyber
    Http://thetrinityguild.googlepages.com
    Basically, All my toons are variants of the name Allistair or Nefahrin. Look closely and I'm sure you'll find me

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post

64-Bit XP is.. perhaps he has that?
    [Founder/Leader of the Bloodlords of Argonnesen]
    [DaveyKhealerAcapellaParlospiGodithGearey Gygax]

Actually it is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291988
    http://www.dkforums.com - Look Mom it's a Guild forum, can I have one too?

Community Member

Wait, wait, wait.

So I'm not the only one who started getting random DDO client crashes lately?

Has been a real problem as of late.

Community Member

Not so sure about this statement, might warrant some clarification.

Cool Two Events

You'll get the assistance you need if you post here.

I run Vista Ultimate 64 with 2 MB RAM and have encountered no difficulties with DDO.
    O l d T i m e r s ' G u i l d
    H a r a j u k u
    G h a l l a n d a

Quote Originally Posted by In Like Flynn View Post
    You'll get the assistance you need if you post here.

I run Vista Ultimate 64 with 2 MB RAM and have encountered no difficulties with DDO.
    Well, I'm using XP Pro and have been having severe difficulties with DDO and client crashes.
    From the posts it seems that XP users are the ones that are experiencing problems.
    Proud Officer of the Holy Warriors~the Riedra Server- Now Khyber
    Http://thetrinityguild.googlepages.com
    Basically, All my toons are variants of the name Allistair or Nefahrin. Look closely and I'm sure you'll find me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast