Default LFG-{Mature}-[Permadeath OR Dedic..]

Hi folks,

I am a new returnee to DDO. I just wasn't ready for a DDO styled game yet, so I quit after the first month. I am now ready to play a game like DDO, but I don't want to get mixed up with the crowd that rushes through dungeons. I haven't experienced any of the content past lvl 5 and the content I have done, I don't remember well enough to want to rush through it to begin with.

I do PREFER RPers, since I want what others describe as their AD&D PnP days, but it is not required. I am more concerned about finding people who do not rush and are just starting out (or rerolling).

The idea of a Perma-death guild sounds intriguing, but it is a nightmare sifting through the Guild List thread to find one. It needs updating and consolidation into the now current servers.

Anyhow, I am looking for a perma-death guild, since I like to reroll and it provides plenty of opportunities to start with a lvl 1 group. However, that perma-death group must have rules in place that I agree with, so please leave a link to your thread in this thread. Also, don't bother if your members rush through content. I am new and I want to experience everything. I know people say "just let them know you are new," but I feel terrible forcing an entire group to slow down that has done the content several times, just for me. It is very ostracizing and I would rather just join a group/guild that takes it slow automatically...either because they are RPing a new character (their characters first time seeing the area) or because they just like to take it slow (just in-case someone is new).

I am also open to a dedicated group or a dedicate guild. Meaning, a group that only plays with each other, which would require set days to meet up. What I mean by dedicated guild, is that the guild members only play with each other, has set rules on what can and can't be done to ensure enjoyable game-play and an avoidance of situations where we overpower the content due to being twinked. The guild doesn't have to meet up on certain days like the group, because there would be a larger pool of players to choose from in-case some like to play more than others. If you are recruiting for either one of these, please keep this in mind. I am lvl 1, therefore need other lvl 1's to group with. If your guild doesn't have an abundance of lvl 1's for me to group with, we are both wasting our time, since this IS a grouping game. However, with the introduction of soloable quests in the Harbor, I am willing to join a guild with an abundance of whatever level starts the required group play...including the group Harbor quests. I do remember trying this game out 8 months ago and some harbor quests weren't soloable by all classes (ie. One could be soloed by a sneak, but not by non-sneaky classes).

Please reply to this thread if you KNOW of any guilds/groups like I described above.

Thank you.

P.S.- I am copying this thread into the Questing thread, since some people read only one or the other. If you replied there, don't reply here and visa versa.

P.S.S- I meant I am interested in either a Perma-Death guild Or a Dedicated Group Or a Dedicated Guild. It doesn't have to be Perma-Death. Also, if it is a Dedicated Group, they have to meet several days a week, otherwise I lose interest. I don't have a main character to turn to while not playing in a dedicated teams group, so I need a group that meets several days a week.
    Last edited by Findecano; 08-13-2007 at 04:14 PM.

Come and check out some of the guilds in Thelanis like Fellowship of the Golden Night, and Crimson Nexus(both found in my sig.), and Order of the Sword and Rose. Those three are the 3 first roleplaying guilds that pop up in my head. Also check out The Sublime perma-death guild also on Thelanis. There are many more roleplaying and perma-death guilds out there, you have a large selection to pick from.
    **Thelanis**
    <New player, new characters>
    ~Fellowship of the Golden Night~
    Mystreo~Bard 1/sorcerer 2~The Illusionist
    Lotb~fighter 2/barbarian 1~Lord of the Blades
    ~Guildless~
    Infenetus~Wizard 2~The Unknown

<clanscorpion>
    Crimson Nexus
    Shodrizzin-Rogue 7-The Assassin Pirate

FAQ to the FotGN on Thelanis

**Argonnessen**
    Surren Darkheart~Sorcerer
    Surrin Darkheart~Fighter
    Surran Darkheart~Rogue

Default Hi :)

Mortal Voyage is in the formative stages. It is a Permadeath guild with no-twink and no spoilers rules. If you're interested:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117297

Honestly though, it is still a good idea to let any group you're in know you are new. I like letting new people lead. Fun!
    M O R T A L V O Y A G E
    Permadeath Guild
    Stay Hard

Hello Oti, welcome back!

The two largest permadeath guilds are Sublime (on Thelanis) and Extreme Explorers (on Sarlona). I'm in the latter, and I can tell you we do NOT rush dungeons. I'm pretty sure that goes equally for Sublime, and probably any PD guild you might find.

As Parvo says, there is also MV, but I don't know anything about that one yet (sounds intriguing, though, if I only had more time, hehe). Might be good if you are interested in getting into a PD guild just starting up.

As for Dedicated groups, the Dedicated Teams Guild (which you were once a member of) is still going quite strong. I don't know of any teams that meet more than once or twice a week though, so they may not be able to hold your interest, I dunno. I do know that some of the teams are RP teams, though.
    The locus of my identity is totally exterior to me.
    "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

DDO Character Planner (Version 04.25.03) (Preview Screenshot) - Now with Warlocky goodness!
    Let's Play DDO!! - My attempt to video document a FULL runthrough of DDO, completionist style (Currently working through level 3 quests)

I'm in a Perma Death guild on Ghallanda, thats looking for new members would be glad to have you. check out the site http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.asp...&TabID=1392380
    if you have any questions let me know here or on the site. Good luck and I hope you find a good fit for you.

Long live Fernia!

bracius.ddo@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Findecano View Post
    Hi folks,

I am a new returnee to DDO. I just wasn't ready for a DDO styled game yet, so I quit after the first month. I am now ready to play a game like DDO, but I don't want to get mixed up with the crowd that rushes through dungeons. I haven't experienced any of the content past lvl 5 and the content I have done, I don't remember well enough to want to rush through it to begin with.

I do PREFER RPers, since I want what others describe as their AD&D PnP days, but it is not required. I am more concerned about finding people who do not rush and are just starting out (or rerolling).

The idea of a Perma-death guild sounds intriguing, but it is a nightmare sifting through the Guild List thread to find one. It needs updating and consolidation into the now current servers.

P.S.S- I meant I am interested in either a Perma-Death guild Or a Dedicated Group Or a Dedicated Guild. It doesn't have to be Perma-Death. Also, if it is a Dedicated Group, they have to meet several days a week, otherwise I lose interest. I don't have a main character to turn to while not playing in a dedicated teams group, so I need a group that meets several days a week.
    As noted by a previous poster, there are several Role Playing groups on Thelanis there used to be others on various servers but, due to the server merge, not sure where they wound up. Similarly there are a number of PermaDeath guilds, currently the largest and most active are The Sublime on Thelanis and Extreme Explorers on Sarlona.

Not the only PD guilds again as several have noted but, speaking for the Sublime, we generally have one or two groups running per night. Saturday night is typically reserved for higher level characters, and on Wednesday's we have been trying to do some light RP. That having been said, I am sure we could use some help from the more active RP guilds to help us "get into character" as it were.

If you are interested, pop by the website here http://thesublimeguild.net/forums/index.php. Generally speaking there is at least one or more officers on per night so send a tell to anyone in the guild and we can arrange for an invite.

Hope your search for a guild goes well and you find what you are looking for.

Good luck and stay safe!!

Cheers

Blair
    "Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved state, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ... holy **** what a ride!"
    Proud member of The Sublime Permadeath Guild on Thelanis. Visit our website at http://nodeath.guildportal.com/Guild...&TabID=4309354