Default favor grind over 1400

Here's the situation.
    i'm at 14.5 and close to cap favor stands at 1413 as of last night. I've got almost everything except one or two quests(stealthy repossession), done on elite through level 8. I've got most of the giant hold done on elite. after that the quest log is real spotty.

I need you number crunchers and folks with more experience to let me know the quest's I should run to get the most favor the quickest. I know of a few speadsheets on line that list quests and XP and favor as a function of the base for each, but some are hard for the Warforged brain to wrap around. So i guess I need 337 favor. If i figure an average of 27 favor pts per quest i get 13 quests to 1750.

Are there quests that will net me more than 27 pts of favor? Which 13 will be the quickest or easiest to handle.
    thanks in advance

Sarlona Guild of the Black Dragon
    Egrofraw, Eighttrack, Fearstryker, Foecleaver, Ferricgnome, Rustoleum, SoPretty

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    Here's the situation.
    i'm at 14.5 and close to cap favor stands at 1413 as of last night. I've got almost everything except one or two quests(stealthy repossession), done on elite through level 8. I've got most of the giant hold done on elite. after that the quest log is real spotty.

I need you number crunchers and folks with more experience to let me know the quest's I should run to get the most favor the quickest. I know of a few speadsheets on line that list quests and XP and favor as a function of the base for each, but some are hard for the Warforged brain to wrap around. So i guess I need 337 favor. If i figure an average of 27 favor pts per quest i get 13 quests to 1750.

Are there quests that will net me more than 27 pts of favor? Which 13 will be the quickest or easiest to handle.
    thanks in advance
    most of the RAID quests give between 20-30 points on elite.
    R.I.P. Xoriat 8/2/07 ______________[]Ninja Posts:726.5 bunninja is watching
    Information from devs ______________Member of Cupcake's Muskateers!____
    /wearing a Jiffy Pop pan tinfoil hat made by shecky

The Pit on E gives 27 favor. It's not very hard if you have someone with good jump and Super Mario skills.

Founder

The number of quests that give you 27 favor or more is pretty small. The Pit on elite and Twilight Forge on elite (the pre-raid, not the actual killing of the Titan) grant you 27 and 30 respectively. Those are the only two that come immediately to mind, after that I'd have to check my favor log. I think you're going to need more than 13 quests to reach 1750.

If you've done all of Gianthold on elite, head back to the desert and try and get those done on elite. Wiz King, Offering of Blood, Chains of Flame, DQ 1 - all worth 18 (I think?) on elite. The side quests in the desert (Purge the Fallen Shrine, etc) are worth 15 I think.

The two newish quests out on Axtarxia's Island are both worth 15 each on Elite (and House K favor) and are likely to find takers to join you with since they have not been run a lot by people.

I am in a similar boat with 3 of my characters who have 1200-1300 favor each and are working on "filling in the holes". Get group out to run a bunch of the desert quests in a batch, those can net you some serious favor in an evening, since you could probably turn over 3 or 4 of them in one sitting (more with a WF Iron butt I am sure....)

Any others in the 8-13 range you want, you can often find people in the same boat willing to work with you on that.

Had fun running a guild group of mostly 13-14s out in Irestone Island last night on Elite. You would have thought we were in Madstone. Everyone was running off trying to "solo" parts and forgetting that mobs of Hobgob casters can be NASTY to even capped toons. My Bard was the only one who did not die or come real close to it...thank god for Concentration Rolls and Fascinate however...grin. I then had to find a way to get out of the middle of the dozen hobs on me by jumping over them...Not easy since I was on the top of hill between some trees as well. About the time I got out, the cavarly arrived. Was just a quest that 3 of us had missed/skipped along the way.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Hit the gianthold and desert quests on elite. If you haven't done them yet that will take you most of the way. VoNs 1-4 elite are run fairly often as well.

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Vinos View Post
    Hit the gianthold and desert quests on elite. If you haven't done them yet that will take you most of the way. VoNs 1-4 elite are run fairly often as well.
    He said he's already done most of GH on elite.

Quote Originally Posted by baylensman View Post
    I've got most of the giant hold done on elite.
    VON 1-4, hell even 5-6 aren't too tough for lvl 14s to complete on elite. Good stuff there, too. I forget exactly what VON 3 and VON 5 are worth on elite but I believe it's over 20 for each. Maybe 21 and 24?

Threnal elite is easy too.

The Pit is worth 27 on Elite.
    Raelg Iron-Fist
    Others ruffians: Gog, Magogg, Quikksilver, Brux, Conor, Conspiracy, & Brewdawg
    PESTILENCE

Default oo! oo!

I know! How about the Necropolis?

Yeah, I don't want to run them again either.

(My cleric Alfred is still hovering around 1050 favor)
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    I know! How about the Necropolis?

Yeah, I don't want to run them again either.

(My cleric Alfred is still hovering around 1050 favor)
    They are not THAT bad...and besides you can actually get an item usable for all levels of gaming by the end of both quests. That necklace is quite useful.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    They are not THAT bad...and besides you can actually get an item usable for all levels of gaming by the end of both quests. That necklace is quite useful.
    All true, all true...

Community Member

Keep in mind that 1750 was obtainable minus quite a few quests and quest line we have recieved over the last 8 months or so. So, that should leave quite a few quests you still need to do.

I am working on my 2nd 1750 and am in sort of a similar slump. It's not so much that I am having a hard time coming up with what to do, its more of a lack of desire to do what I need to do.

Quest chains are probably your quickest means of obtaining what you need. Not so much because they may be worth more, but typically because when you get a favor group goung going the group sticks around to do them all, whereas the no chain quests will quite often cause players to leave more quickly.

The 10 quests in the Necropolis will net you alot points towards favor if you dont have them. And I still know alot of people who need them on elite as well and will usually jump on the chance to get them done.

The Pit gives 27 favor, and is an excellent source, but few quests give that many points in one blow. You will eventually be forced into some single, smaller quests to top it of most likely. GH is good as well m but apparently you have most that done.

Deleras gives pretty good favor and is usually easy to get a group for.

TR ans STK are ok, but most people at your level will have that done already.

CO6 is also a good chain for favor, and I still see groups for it semi-often.

3 Barrel cove quite often gets overlooked and will top off a few easy points for you in short time.

Depths series can net out around 40 or so I think, and is pretty fast to do (assuming you dont have them at all, less if you have of course)

SC and Stromvauld are good (most have gotten SC elite early on though, but many skip Stromvauld)

The Vamp in house P is pretty decent as is the Desert Caravan (although both can be problematic on elite if not done properly)

Caverns of Koromar is pretty easy and worth about 18 I think, as is Taming the Flames.

VoNs are good as well, but again most probably have them on elite (except for 5 & 6).

For me though, the simplest way to accomplish it was just to organize my quest list by difficulty completed. I started at the NONE part of the list and went one by one and knocked them out. Not bothering to question which might net out the best points, and instead just went from one to the next. I knocked out points faster that way and didnt worry about it. Having Guildies willing to help can make all the difference in the world though.

Default Favor Runs

MedicLady went thru this before the merger. It seems like everyone else in my guild is trying for theirs now (copy cats ). What we've been doing is taking a house like House K and figure which quests are needed by the most and run them as groups. 1 or 2 may be re-doing things, but the majority will get their favor.

Jules

Ladies - Mediclady, Elspyth, Warchantress, Bittt, Julez, LilBitt, Bucketoboltz, Skitty, Kerro, Wyntermoon, Kethrey, Kethree, Selany, Gypsie, Cassyopeya, Tinkerbelle, Dyanya, PallasAthene

Another one I didn't see mentioned is The Tear of Dhakaan (sp?). It's worth either 21 or 24 on elite. Actually a pretty fun quest, and relatively easy for a near-capped character.

Quote Originally Posted by Karethon View Post
    Another one I didn't see mentioned is The Tear of Dhakaan (sp?). It's worth either 21 or 24 on elite. Actually a pretty fun quest, and relatively easy for a near-capped character.
    Oh, yes. I love running this one.

Quests I've enjoyed running on elite just for favor..
    From Beyond the Grave (the only really fun Undead quest I can think of)
    Tears of Dhakaan
    Almost Everything in Gianthold (except the Crucible, it requires too much patience)
    The Pit, if I'm not the guide!
    The House P Vampire - easy if you have enough casters along...
    Hiding in Plain Sight
    Redwillow, Gwylan's Stand, Stormcleave
    In house K: Kol-Korran, and all the Ever-Full flagon quests. Short and violent.
    The Ataraxia quests. I thought they were pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenako View Post
    You are right, most a fairly good and not hard, minus one ofcourse. Shadow King needs to lose the respawn. OMG is that ever annouying and make a simple 15-20minute quest last 90 minutes.

Find the chain quests that you didn't do on elite, it can rack up a ton of favor.

If you are PuGing your way to 1750 (I did this) it can be tough because with a less than stellar group it is long and painful. Aviod the quests that you can "fail" ie (protect someone/something, timed) because nothing will break a group apart faster than the prospect of having to run a quest multiple times cause someone in the group is an idiot.

Tear of Dak, Stormcleave, Caverns of K are all good quests but are usually done on elite earlier in the career. Look for the out of the way or off the beaten track type quests and you will rack up favor quicker than you think.

I made it to 1750 and barely touched the desert, so it can be done easier cause there are a lot of people who still like the desert and with a good group it can be fun.

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

VON 3 on elite is 24 I think.....and the first part is worth some favor too.......this one is a must cause it's a lot of favor......just bring a good group. It's easy with the right people......long and painful without.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.