Default To the guy outside the DQ raid.

This is for the guy out side the DQ raid, who asked:
    "Why are you guys taking a full raid in there? I can solo it."

3 reasons.

1 ) We're TA. We're not "Joe - party of 1". This is an MMORPG not a single person shooter.

If you think we "need" a full raid group, you are sadly mistaken.

2 ) When the same **** loot drops, (and it did) there's a lot better chance someone might actually find some way to use it / carry it, instead of just sell it.

That's what ALT's are for right?

3 ) 7 minutes to finish..... Virtually zero expendable resources. (aka potions/scrolls ect.)

Try that solo...

By the time you finished we had killed the Stormreaver too, and were in the middle of a Titan Run.
    3 raids in under 2 hours.
    All 4 raids in under 3.

Guilds FTW.
    Riott Ad Infinitum ~20 Fighter ~ 67 AC unbuffed ~ "Riott, AC Intimi-Tank Build"
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Default ????

Riot, I'm frankly surprised that you felt it necessary to respond to this, here.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Yea there should never be a reason to explain why you group. The more the merrier is more then enough reason.

When people ask me how many people im taking on a raid I usually ignore them or squelch them for being stupid. Especially hate players who join my pug raids and say "ok we have enough people now" We might of had enough when I recruited 1 person, that doesn't mean anything, im the group leader I'll decide the group size thanks.

I like going with big groups as well, cant wait for mod 5 so the loot *****s aren't as encouraged to say stupid things like that.

And you really don't need to give numbers or times. Everyone and there mom have done raids fast now, its not cooler to do a raid in 6 minuits then 60 anymore.

Well it probably was more of a spirted chat and he wantd to air it out some. IMHO, most people that start conversations like that usually want their E-Peen stroked on how uber they are. I beleive this just afforded an oppertunity to address the players question, squash a little ego and promote why and how TA operates in one pass.

BTW, we have members that have solo'ed DQ, 3 manned other raids and so forth. If we do it, we do it just to see if we can and by no means use that as "model" we set for our raids...

Default Yeah I hear you

I have never quite understood the whole push for some people to solo. I might seriously attempt it sometime if I get bored or something, but hey this is a group game. I do have a personal preference for 4-6 mans vs 12 mans because I enjoy the camaradie of the smallers raids then exists in a 12 man group. 12 man groups tend to be about half the raid standing around while the other half does something. Boring for the other half. It is also about the leader talking while everyone else keeps their mouth shut - because then there is too much chatter.. boo..

Norg
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)

Good show Riott. Its about people in MMO's not digital widgets. If your in the game to play solo why play a MMO?

/peanut gallery signing off

Yep, it gets boring when you can't bs with people while raiding, takes all the fun out of it. I like running smaller raids, but that's just because I usually have a PUG and not guildies, now that I'm in TA, can't wait to do some larger scale raids.
    Boldrin//Grandmaster Flash//Cartaras
    Plucky // Whipping //Malachus
    Juxta//Pigsticker//Stealyour// Internet
    Proud member of Loreseekers

I didn't do this to pick a fight... it was an opportunity to respond (since I didn't bother to at the time), as well as an opportunity to explain a bit out in the open how TA operates. (since we are on a new server and all)

Sometimes guilds like our have a lot of mis guided visions about how we operate.

For example: We don't cheat the Stormreaver raid like some guilds do.

If you raid with us, you Burn yer flag the way the game is supposed to be played.

There's an old saying in MMO's. Earn it to Own it.
    We earn it.
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

I am 100% with you Riot. I solo things but even I have to break away from the soloing side of things and bring people because it gets boring soloing. Its funner to bring people and especially when something gets messed up from all the extra people and you still succeed.

Community Member

I remember hearing about a certain guild using a link dead bug to kill the titan. Which is a shame because he was alot funner to fight when he was on crack. Now he's a slow burnt out noob.
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Paleale View Post
    I remember hearing about a certain guild using a link dead bug to kill the titan. Which is a shame because he was alot funner to fight when he was on crack. Now he's a slow burnt out noob.
    Not following the ball on this post. What does it have to do with people critisizing Riotts crew for not small manning or soloing the DQ? It may still be early where you are so not critisizing it until the coffie kicks in. Btw that certain guild only used that strat one time (sucessfully), has beeten it several times since, and its not even possible anymore. The guild at the time was fatuiged, by buggy, overpowered titan fights and the many nights wasted in trying to beat it and wanted to get favor. It was a call made against the grain of our nature, and we have regreted it many times over. It has been a learning experience for us, because now days we do not use other exploits like the lever trick for reaver, or any other exploit that may be available. So please don't digg up old skelletons.

That certain guild probably got tired of watching the Titan Bug out on a pillar too. The Titan was so Borked to begin with if you recall.

Not that I like rattling bones in closets, but Litz, calm. Breathe. Most of us really don't mind/care if u did it. It's no real shame to most of the former Aundair server's pop. We all know how much fun you guys are to party with.

Riott: Yeah being in a guild, especially the right guild, is definitely the way to go.

Litz ~ I beleive Pale was taking a cheap shot at our guild not yours, he has some sort of weird almost stalkerish vandetta with TA for some odd reason. However, yes we did use LD to get the Titan after he would constantly and insessently bug out on the pillar and not move. The only time we would ever try to use something for a win that would be questionable is if there was absolutely no other way. When Titan came out HoBT and TA (On Aundair) were the first to get there and it was impossible to do. Yes I know ONE guild nailed him at the end using the grease trick even if they said they didnt. I wouldnt be suprised if the person outside was not a certain someone's alt just to cause greif and be a annoyance. Truth be told is that most of the biggest junk talkers in MMO's are usually the most worthless in real life.

Anyways off my soapbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboth View Post
    Truth be told is that most of the biggest junk talkers in MMO's are usually the most worthless in real life.
    wow, talk about self ironization...

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    wow, talk about self ironization...

Could I please get a definition.... because Websters doesn't list this(ironization).
    Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

Attention looking for a casual guild?
    Keepers of the Arcane
    Brther Maynard Maxed Cleric, Delric Moondragon Lvl 11 Halfling Barbarian
    Founder #655

Quote Originally Posted by kbmay44 View Post
    Could I please get a definition.... because Websters doesn't list this(ironization).
    It's when you heat things up and keep pressing.

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    It's when you heat things up and keep pressing.
    ...LOL... Thanks.
    Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

Attention looking for a casual guild?
    Keepers of the Arcane
    Brther Maynard Maxed Cleric, Delric Moondragon Lvl 11 Halfling Barbarian
    Founder #655