Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by JayDubya View Post
    Honestly, I think the build makers have been doing a pretty good job of classifying their builds - X is a great build for a new player, Y is a great build that requires no raid loot, Z is a build for someone who has unlocked drow favor, W is an uber build that requires significant raid loot.

As long as they're well-classified, I don't see what the problem is.
    This works, but I don't ever see it. I see:
    "Turtle Build, no raid gear"
    Then after reading it (Because I have a real interest in it) The thing has EVERYTHING Except raid gear!
    OMG! A tome of each Stat?!?
    +5 Mith of everything armors/shield?

Ok, maybe there is no raid gear, but this is certainly nothing an average person could ever aquire. Even if he/she saught out Plat farmers and bought their ill gotten goods, they still would sit the AH for months trying to get all the equipement.

I just like to see realistic builds, that the masses can do. Not some 10-12 hr per day players idea of how great they are for all they have to make a gimped character viable.

Its just a peave of mine I guess. Its like almost lying, but not quite...

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by WolfSpirit View Post
    This works, but I don't ever see it. I see:
    "Turtle Build, no raid gear"
    Then after reading it (Because I have a real interest in it) The thing has EVERYTHING Except raid gear!
    OMG! A tome of each Stat?!?
    +5 Mith of everything armors/shield?

Ok, maybe there is no raid gear, but this is certainly nothing an average person could ever aquire. Even if he/she saught out Plat farmers and bought their ill gotten goods, they still would sit the AH for months trying to get all the equipement.

I just like to see realistic builds, that the masses can do. Not some 10-12 hr per day players idea of how great they are for all they have to make a gimped character viable.

Its just a peave of mine I guess. Its like almost lying, but not quite...
    Other than AC builds honestly almost no other builds I see really require the listed tomes and equipment to be effective. About the only exception are those that advocate eating a +1 tome in int for combat expertise or a +1 dex tome for GTWF.

To me you just sound lazy, copy the build to excel, take out what you don't like then decide if it still works for you. Learn to think and plan for yourself and use them as starting templates not the gospel according to XXXX.
    Last edited by EinarMal; 08-16-2007 at 01:27 PM.

I personally don't see the point of a non-optimised build?

"hai gaiz, i can make a sub-par character!"

Min-max theory is the whole reason to build discussion. And min-maxing requires maxed out loot.

My highest character is a level 6, but I plan builds and play according to what I ultimately want. I love build theory, I love planning and goal setting. Making sub-optimal builds is just useless.
    Khalzad - TWF Dwarf Barbarian
    Aubergine - Warforged Tactical Warchanter
    Malakyte - Mark of the Sentinel Human "True" Tank

I don't understand how it can be so hard to get some of this stuff? Yes, I realize that if the build lists stuff like wizardry 7 and multiple +3 tomes, it may be tough for most people to obtain. But I only get to play about 3-4 times a week, and have 3 capped characters, 3 more around level 10, and then my newest creation at a tender, young 3. Ransack PoP and a few other gianthold quests on elite and you too can be swimming in +1 tomes, banishers, disruptors, paralyzers, and the occasional vorpal or +5 mithral cs/bp/fp.
    Tourbillon * Hyper * Headbanger * Speedstick * Arkane

guildless

whenever im thinking through a build as a rule I only include +1 tomes (1 +2 for favor) and no higher than +5 stat items. And absolutely no raid loot. All the above are fairly easy to obtain and unless your a new person to the game you should be able to pick most up off the auctions house.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombalo View Post
    whenever im thinking through a build as a rule I only include +1 tomes (1 +2 for favor) and no higher than +5 stat items. And absolutely no raid loot. All the above are fairly easy to obtain and unless your a new person to the game you should be able to pick most up off the auctions house.
    I'm a "new person" and I picked up a +1 Wis tome in my first PuG TS raid last night, as a level 8. I'm sure I'll be able to trade it for any other +1 tome.
    Khalzad - TWF Dwarf Barbarian
    Aubergine - Warforged Tactical Warchanter
    Malakyte - Mark of the Sentinel Human "True" Tank

Arrow Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Quartzite View Post
    I'm a "new person" and I picked up a +1 Wis tome in my first PuG TS raid last night, as a level 8. I'm sure I'll be able to trade it for any other +1 tome.
    Nice pull Quartz, but good luck with the trade. There is a trade thread for your server, I've gotten the VERY few tomes I've pulled in my time of playing sit without a trade for a long time. You may continue with your luck though my friend. Welcome and may your luck continue!

As for the rest, I would like to add...

In Theory it’s possible to create a microscopic Black Hole in a laboratory using a particle accelerator.
    Which could fall (or devour its way) to the center of the earth and destroy the earth, and in time, become just a small black hole going around a doomed Star.
    Of course the odds are so small that it doesn’t stop scientists from using the accelerator anyway.

To simplify, I think its a very small possibility that new people or even well experienced players each have all the equipment included some of these builds.
    Sure, they all have a chance of getting them, but...

~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12