Default Intimi-tank build advice

I was going to post this on the general forums but figured that there's plenty of peeps here for advice so here it goes:

Lookin to build an intimidate-based tank with above average end-game AC. Hoping to get into the mid 40's unbuffed somehow if possible. None of my characters have really focused on AC so it's sort of a new concept for me. If you have some build ideas that can achieve that, please let me know since I don't even really know where to begin.

I remember reading a while back that Humans and Drow can achieve a pretty good intimidate score while still having a pretty decent AC. Is that still the case or are there other races that are better?

If at all possible, I'd like to multi-class some just to mix it up a little. Maybe like a Bard/Fighter mix or something.

Any concepts or build advice would be appreciated. Thanks

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116482

The Riot Intimi-tank.

Probably the best known, though I believe there are variations using a splash of Paladin.
    Zhantain, level 16 Elf Ranger. Twilight Avengers Gold Section
    Gamer at The Ultimate Gaming Table.

i don't know what kind of equipment you have gathering dust, but we've been jacking with battlemages that can easily get what you are looking for. you could get a drow with twilight mithral full plate that would be displaced/stoned and have an AC in the 40's while standing in a firewall...

Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)

You want AC in the mid 50's or higher.

i have a variant build but its a dwarven build. this will be much more feasible for a high ac if you have a +5 mith fp waiting.

ac breakdown
    10 (base)
    8 (fullplate)
    5 (armor bonus)
    3 (ftr armor mastery)
    3 (dwarven mastery)
    3 (mith fp)
    3 (spectacular optics - threnal reward)
    2 (chaosgarde - xorian drop)
    2 (ring of balance - invaders token exchange)
    7 (+5 heavy heavy mithral shield)
    1 (dodge feat)

47 unbuffed ac (requires 28 dex), 52 with combat expertise (required 13 int), 54 if blocking.

additional buffs - +3 with a pally with bulwark III, +3 with a halfling with companion III, +3 with ranger barkskin, +1 with haste, +1 with cleric sof for a total of 65 buffed

if you have umd and raid constantly you can switch out spec ops, garde and ring of balance for iron manacles, chattering ring (titan loot), seal of earth (dq loot). this will improve the standing ac to 50 but max will be 66
    If you want to know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    You want AC in the mid 50's or higher.
    my sorc's ac is 9 and she intimidates the **** out of things. with CE and some trick gear you could get your AC into the 50's with 0% ASF

Just as a note you should NOT switch out chaosgarde for the manacles. garde STACKS with chattering ring. You can achieve a higher AC using the two together and getting deflection from another protection item or cleric SoF.

Vox

Quote Originally Posted by augie View Post
    I was going to post this on the general forums but figured that there's plenty of peeps here for advice so here it goes:

Lookin to build an intimidate-based tank with above average end-game AC. Hoping to get into the mid 40's unbuffed somehow if possible. None of my characters have really focused on AC so it's sort of a new concept for me. If you have some build ideas that can achieve that, please let me know since I don't even really know where to begin.

I remember reading a while back that Humans and Drow can achieve a pretty good intimidate score while still having a pretty decent AC. Is that still the case or are there other races that are better?

If at all possible, I'd like to multi-class some just to mix it up a little. Maybe like a Bard/Fighter mix or something.

Any concepts or build advice would be appreciated. Thanks
    mid 40's unbuffed is certainly doable... you'll want +5 mith FP, and a +5 mith Tower Shield. Need a decent dex (probably 14 starting should be ok if you're planning on tomes, and high end stat items). I personally wouldn't multi-class to anything but pally if you're trying to get high AC.

The real key here is you need to decide what you really want to do. If you're only looking for a mid 40's AC you have a lot of options, if you're looking to hit the mid 50's with regularity you need to focus pretty specifically on acheiving specific goals. I would recommend checking out the previously mentioned Riott tank build. You could also do a forum search for intimi-tank and peruse some of the threads.

Vox

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    my sorc's ac is 9 and she intimidates the **** out of things. with CE and some trick gear you could get your AC into the 50's with 0% ASF
    Problem is that CE goes off whenever you cast a spell as far as I'm aware.

I'd suggest looking at Riot's build.
    "Perhaps the end has not yet been written…”
    The Hand of the Black Tower Officer
    Najdorf, Assassin :: Keres, Vindicator :: Alekhine, Augur

"It's not 'Zerging.' It's an armed reconnaissance."

Yes... CE will go off when you cast a spell.

And as far as casting goes, with the SR amulet, I can lead off with a Chain lighting then CE up and do the Intim thing.

That'll grab their attention quick. =P
    Riott Ad Infinitum ~20 Fighter ~ 67 AC unbuffed ~ "Riott, AC Intimi-Tank Build"
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

i'm thinking fireball/firewall, then CE myself ;-). i'm only level 8 at the moment and have to wait til i get to 10 to see what kind of AC i can sport.

Default previous poster is correct

If you're going to rely on AC while intimdating, mid 50's is where you need to be.
    My intimitank rogues sit at 51 with no help or short term buffs, but that's before taking into account giant dodger enhancements and dwarven giant dodge racial AC boost at creation. I don't like to be the one to walk around tooting dwarven horns, but until mod 5 comes, dwarves rule school because everything in the tor is gigantic.
    READ ME NEW PLAYERS!!!
    Aeneas - Boosterseat - Eulogy - Diminutive - Moths