Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pvp discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth the Enemy View Post
    Is it cheap to use dispel? Sure, why not. But it's also cheap to use 3000 buffs in the first place. So who cares?
    Since when can you have 3000 buffs -.-?

Anyway, I prefer honorable fights(even if it is a tavern Brawl) with other people equal to my level or better. Try matching a Paladin with a Barbarian or a High DPS fighter? So unfair.... thats why the DDO gods gave us Lay on Hands!! And ungodly AC! j/k. But really, to me, and a few people I know(Zorak himself doesnt like being dispelled, I know from experience -.- ) dispel, crudely put by a few people earlier in this forum(Dergan, i'm talking to you, bro.) think of dispel as, well, a kick in the balls with steel-toed boots. Mabey not that painfull, but sometimes it can be. If all the buffs you get are something you can pop on, instead of given to you by someone else, you should get to keep em. Like, a pure fighter with displacement? Anyone hear of a displacement clickie? or a fighter with a high UMD period?(im talking pure class here) If dispel were 'nerfed' so to say, for non-combat instances to remove buff's not casted by the player, then its kinda more fair. But you wont see Turbine doing this, will you? I mean, the main portion of this game's player's dont even give a rip about PvP. So, I say use whats at your disposal. Just try to keep the fights "clean", ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by PopeJual View Post
    Boo hoo. Use your leftover Turbine Points to buy your self a pair and stop crying like a little wuss.
    | Alts: Balthioul, Briathos, Concentio

Quote Originally Posted by Avien View Post
    DO NOT DISPEL. this is just like winning a duel by kicking your opponent in the balls. sure you can win, but you did so by kicking someone in the balls. im sure everyone hates being dispelled, so it just works better if no one dispels at all.
    Could all you melee types not use weapons too? No one likes to be cut down with weapons... perhaps a firm scolding will do?

I echo the sentiment of others here. Any character I bring into a PvP will use every ability and item at his disposal. Asking a caster not to dispel is like asking a barbarian to not have so many hit points in the brawl pit.

Oh, and by the way...

Lhazaar+Ghallandra+Fernia=hmm, Lhallania?

I prefer Ghallerniazaar...
    Last edited by The Old Sage; 08-15-2007 at 08:23 AM.
    The Old Sage

Masgard Dragonfyre - Wizard
    Yoru Doragon - Tanking Rogue
    Thorigar Icerender - Fighter
    Ronin - Ranger
    Percivale of the Grail - Paladin
    Aerion Bladesong - Bladesinger

Quote Originally Posted by Arioch-lhazaar View Post
    Not only are his characters 14... but they are 14.4! Sorry had to point this out got a good chuckle out of it....
    When the characters were leveling up, ie 7.3, it was a bit more notable. I suppose it is a bit silly looking now, so I'll throw on a lowbie to even it out.

Default Zack

Yo ack i just wante to tell you that you talk a big game but i never see you down there bro not hating or anything also how did you get 63 i understand 61 for being a halfling but where you get the +2 more ac?

I dont PvP much with my Paladin nowadays mostly my caster, Aaerith. And the reason I talk a big game is because I can deliver

But, yea, it's possible to hit 63, if you gimp evrything else:
    10 Base
    04 Dex
    13 Armor
    09 Shield
    05 Deflection
    06 Dodge
    01 Size
    04 Misc
    05 from pally AC boost
    05 Natural
    62 Total AC
    02 Recitation
    02 while holding your shield blocking
    66 total AC

This is based off of a Pure Paladin class
    Last edited by Zack77; 08-16-2007 at 12:19 AM.
    Boo hoo. Use your leftover Turbine Points to buy your self a pair and stop crying like a little wuss.

Default just nitpicking

Quote Originally Posted by Zack77 View Post
    I dont PvP much with my Paladin nowadays mostly my caster, Aaerith. And the reason I talk a big game is because I can deliver

But, yea, it's possible to hit 63, if you gimp evrything else:
    10 Base
    05 Dex
    13 Armor
    09 Shield
    05 Deflection
    06 Dodge
    01 Size
    04 Misc
    05 from pally AC boost
    05 Natural
    63 Total AC
    02 Recitation
    02 while holding your shield blocking
    67 total AC
    Just nitpicking

Being the stat nut that I am, I wanted to point out something you overlooked. 9 from the tower sheild bonus and the +5 your getting from dex bonus. The tower sheild(assuming its mith or course) would cap your dex bonus out at +4, and unless you have enough fighter in the build to get fighters sheild mastery. Total would be 66.
    Last edited by KatanAztar; 08-15-2007 at 10:34 PM.

I was doing this while I was in my office, so I was doing it off the top of my head.

Ok, changed my post of AC.

Also, I normally dont run around with this kind of AC. Normally, my AC cap's around a 51-55 AC, depending on what im doing at the time. This is so my To hit doesnt drop from its normal ammount(14 BAB+1 Weapon+8 Str mod+3 from DF+2/4 Heroism/Gr Heroism=28/30 self buffed) to something 2-5 less.

Sad thing is, my pally is gimped in the damage department anyway. On average, only hitting 16-20 w/o bane or any other mod. my new barb, at lvl 6, is hitting 28-36 w/o any mods added in, un-raged.

Default ***

sounds to me like what you "delivered" is a bunch of what if's!!! there is a magical place where "what if" amor class is taken into account when opponents make their attack rolls against you... however that sure as **** is not in the pvp pit! in addition to the dex bonus thing might as well drop recitation - cant be cast in public areas, or pit. and im curious what item did u have for+5 natural armor bonus? all the number nitpicking aside when u did pvp with your pali I never had a prob hitting you with power attack on so i would say your ac was actually closer to 46 at the time.

irregardless of how anyone feels about pvp... its there for one purpose entertainment. whether u find fighting duels entertaining or jumping in and interrupting fights in progress is your form of entertainment have fun doing so.
    remember though if getting in the middle of someone elses one on one fight is your idea of fun, more often than not its because ur incapable of winning a one on one fight. After the second time doing so you will become a target.
    Former Leader of DamagedInc:
    godless/attola/scorched/worfda/lucifuges/aodru/stains/acts/upperdecker/ravaged
    Token ****** of DamagedInc

Like I said, I normally dont run around run around with a 60+ AC, and if I didnt say that, I'm saying it now. So, it doesnt matter. and either way, I gimped my paladin, and I have stated that. I built him to be a support tank with a high survivability, not a front-line DPS tank. If I have not started this before, I'm saying it now. So, dont go off on a tangent for answering someone's question!! He asked me how I can get my AC to a 63 or higher, and I have stated it. I also said that I gimp myself even more when I do so, so I normally do not. If you have any problems with me, PM me about them, instead of posting them in the public eye. I would do the same to you.

Community Member

Default I am Pi

Pi, is who I am.
    Arai - 14 lvl Drow Paladin
    Awry - 14 lvl Human 32 pt Paladin
    Pi - 14 lvl Drow Sorc
    Busthir - 14 lvl 32pt WF Barb
    Wgu - 13 lvl Drow Cleric

Default alkg

just wanted to say thank you to anyone who respected my request and at the minimum did not breach this etiquette when fighting me.
    aka dergan

Seriously, I move we designate the Phoenix Tavern the structured rules bar fight area.

Then it will be easier for the Lobster group to raid all the pansies on occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Avien View Post
    hello fellow pvpers

DO NOT DISPEL. this is just like winning a duel by kicking your opponent in the balls. sure you can win, but you did so by kicking someone in the balls. im sure everyone hates being dispelled, so it just works better if no one dispels at all.

attack only those that are ready for you to attack them. dont attack people who have their backs turned, are buffing, or are eating. best way to fight someone is to send them a tell asking if they would like to fight. this way they can be prepared and fight you at full strength

ok... I think you make good points on PvP ettiquette but those 2 I can not agree with.. Why?

Dipel Magic is a tool that casters have and should not be taken away from them.

Sneak attack for rogues are hard enough to get off in PvP. not letting them attack because you are not paying attention to them *Only way a sneak attack will work* just makes a Rogue even more useless in PvP.

Heddar Dwarf Fighter L 17, Celidaer Elf Wizard L 17, Merinid Drow Bard L 16,
    Talimore Human Ranger L 5, Kuven Human Cleric L 3, Kopesh Warforged Barbarian L 4

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12