Thumbs down Treasure vs. Vendor Trash

I don't want to make the mistake of selling uber items to an NPC, as a cleric I could certainly use the plat to buy wands. What I want to know is what is considered vendor trash?? and what is considered items that should be auctioned??

Now I'm not expecting a full on list of what to sell items and stuff for on the AH, (although it would be nice to see one ) but just a generalization of what I should put on the AH instead of tossing it to a vendor.

I recently found a nice kukri that is also a giantt bane, to me that seems like something worth auctioning, not sure for how much though but I will probably learn that as I go. thanks for any tips.
    Last edited by cridus; 08-08-2007 at 05:49 PM.

hmm...a tough question to answer.

To really get a feel for what has value you will need to sort of learn as you go.

Here's waht I recommend:

Spend some time checking the AH for items similar to the ones you are unsure about. Check the posted values and post yours for slightly less. If they sell quickly, then they are valuable, and if they get returned to you they are probably vendor trash.

Also, spend some time looking at the trade section of your server forum. That'll help big time.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |.....ALE TRUCK......| ||'|";, ___.
    |_...._....._____===|=||_|__|..., ]
    "(@)'(@)"***|(@)(@)**''(@)
    _________________Thanks to Hunglo for the Ale Truck

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Most items are vendor Trash if you cant personally use em until about L9 or so....

Before then....

Clean +2 and +3 Stat Items... Save Em.. Auction em... Many have Extra Junk on em that can be useful if saved, but dont get good prices due to high level requirements.

Dual Damage Weapons.. Especially xxx of Pure Good. These go for high prices due to the low level/High Damage.

Named Items. Most named Items I'll throw on the AH if I dont need em. Many sell surprisingly high.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

+1 Elemental weapons can go for a ton (for a newer player at least), since they're far less common these days and are really good for ML2.
    Caisha Stormweaver - Some class split dependent upon TR needs - Argonnessen
    Twitch, YouTube, Builds

Community Member

Muckbanes sell for a fortune.

holy anything will usually sell.

X of pure good will sell.

Lesser banes are not so popular, but bane and greater bane weapons can sell for a lot.

For less desirable items (e.g., +3 docent), you can often still make a nice profit by posting them on the AH with a buyout for 50-75% of full value. You still make more money than you would selling to a vendor, and the person buying it will get a bargin. Win/win.

One thing I should ask, I should not sell my vendor trash to the bartender, I'm suppose to sell it to a broker??? Where can I find him??

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Most of the Brokers for low level are int he Marketplace Tent. Ground Level.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cridus View Post
    One thing I should ask, I should not sell my vendor trash to the bartender, I'm suppose to sell it to a broker??? Where can I find him??
    all jewlery and clothing brokers are in marketplace tent

lvl 2 weapon and armor brokers are in marketplace tent

lvl 4+ weapon brokers are in House D

lvl 4+ armor/shield brokers are in House K

Any clothing/jewlery with a stat boost and a skill boost is usually trash unless the stat boost is +5 or better. Any weapon/armor with the following prefix/suffix: slowburst, deception, sacred, mobility, tendon slice, lesser resists, stability(at later levels), bone-breaking(only on bludgen and crit range is too low). There are some more but I can't think of them right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cridus View Post
    Aside from the auction house, the broker will give you the best value for your items. They will only buy items of the correct type and value, making you have to run all over town to get the absolute most money for your items. The next choice is to use a vendor - wand, general, potion, doesn't make a difference. Some vendors will give you better deals after you complete certain quests - like the Market tent give better deals after you complete STK, House Jorasco vendors after you complete Delera's. A side benefit of using the vendors is that they will buy anything, helpful since there aren't any gem brokers at this time. The choice of last resort is the bartender, they seem to always give the lowest prices.