Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196
Results 3,901 to 3,903 of 3903
    Community Member

In the meantime I've picked up Blue Dragonborn Artificer. Got Strategic Combat from harper tree and went Arcanotechnican to get some SLA-s. Not sure if it will be viable but having a blast so far. I wonder how much blue Dragonborn Enchancements will be usefull here cause I'm sure I'm missing that int boost but so far it's ok. Should I try Inquisotor Arti? What would be a difference if compared to Arcanotechnican?

Also - Still open to completly different propositions.

Community Member

Small update.
    So I played with that electrificer build a bit and it's all cool and golden but now I wanted to try Inquisitive X-bow Artificer.
    I'll need someone experienced with Artificer and Inq to look at this topic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Build/page5
    So I was hoping I'd make human first lifer picking Feats from https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6206514
    Then mix it with enchantments from https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6225419

Ideally I'd like if someone would make me a 28 point buy Inquisitive First lifer Artificer build.

So I understand First lifers usually reincarnate at 20 to unlock 32 point ?
    Also I've read that Artificers use https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ratcatcher early on as some sort of awesome weapon - what makes it so cool? The augment slot? What should I put there?

Waiting for feedback.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MorkMark View Post
    Actually Ranged would do fine as well. The reason, why I mentioned melee, is that when I was testing Pale Trapper it seemed to me like more often than not I run out of mana and then just do crappy dmg watching my Pale-Masters summon kill everything. I didn't like that aspect.

Sounds like I'd enjoy non-spellcasting class then? Well here's a problem - I like to have lots of stuff on my hotbars and mele/full ranged seems kinda like too much left-clicking.

For aesthetic reasons I coudn't play a gnome character. Nothing against shorties - just general feeling doesn't appeal to me. Warforged share similar problem with me.
    I really like how Dragonborns look like! Any builds that would fit a Dragonborn? I know it might seem a bit silly as it's like discussing buying a car based on the color but it's just how i feel like.

Inquisitive + Harper sounds cool - I've looked over those trees for a bit and universal tree concept seems interesting.
    WF crossbow Artificer is ok without WF part. Can we make it with Dragonborn?
    Essentially I'm looking for something with below criteria:
    1. Magic or some sort of abilities palette that would make progression interesting. I don't want to left click through entire game. By that I mean it'd be cool but not necessarily if build incorporated something from: DC casting, DPS casting, CC, AOE, Heals. Anything to make usual right-click mele/ranged fights more interesting
    2. Trapping - for getting into those areas that require it. Plus Open Lock but I can live without it I guess.
    3. Ranged/Mele/something to do without spellpoints like Warlock blasts or Archmage Spell like Abilities... or maybe builds that never run out of spellpoints? - I don't want to just stand there looking at my summons doing the job or do awkward dmg with my wand when spellpoints deplete.
    4. No Warforged/Gnome
    5. Can take care of some endgame content solo, and won't be a total wuss in the party.
    6. Dragonborn race and Artificer class looks kinda cool but if it doesn't align with the build idea It's fine.
    Not sure if you were doing PM recently, but their new SLA's are pretty awesome damage for super cheap. I've been blasting my way around with those on whatever survives the instakills

Some melee and many ranged characters are low-actions, but there are also plenty with lots of buttons - mostly active attacks and similar stuff. I had a Monk/Fighter life with almost two hotbars full of active attacks lol.

Aesthetics are a perfectly valid reason to make decisions on, just be aware that might leave you slightly less optimal. But it's generally a small difference so I wouldn't worry about it.

Inquisitive+Harper is quite meta currently, and it works with like any race/class so it's easy to work with.

Artificer without WF still works (just grab Construct Essence etc) it's just less efficient (costs a feat and you're self-repairing at a penalty). Blue Dragonborn w/Lightning stuff could be pretty fun though.

1. You can get lots of options, but be aware that the more you grab the less effective you'll be. You'll have more options though, and Artificer is a pretty great one for having most of those; especially as an Int-max build, you should be able to get DC casting, CC, heals, crossbow DPS (casting DPS somewhat as well), and AoE via spells & IPS.
    2. Artificer gets trapping, and anyone who can do traps can open locks (even if you only throw occasional skill points in).
    3. All Artificer builds get crossbows = DPS for days.
    4. Again, Dragonborn that you're doing seems to be good
    5. Ranged toons with sustain are the easiest way to get into solo stuff at all levels; holds true at high levels as well as low.
    6. Dragonborn Artificer it is!

In the meantime I've picked up Blue Dragonborn Artificer. Got Strategic Combat from harper tree and went Arcanotechnican to get some SLA-s. Not sure if it will be viable but having a blast so far. I wonder how much blue Dragonborn Enchancements will be usefull here cause I'm sure I'm missing that int boost but so far it's ok. Should I try Inquisotor Arti? What would be a difference if compared to Arcanotechnican?
    I mean you like Dragonborn and Artificers are pretty much what you're after, so go for it! Gnome vs Dragonborn is only 4 Int, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. The main reason I recommend Gnome is Color Spray, but if you're against them race doesn't matter a ton Dragonborn also has access to +3 Action Boosts which is pretty great for Inquisitive and Battle Engineer.

Inquisitor and Battle Engineer have some overlap; I'd probably go Harper/Inquisitor/Arcanotechnician? You can use Insightful Damage to save you points in Harper (only need 3 for Strategic Combat I or 8 if you want KtA as well).

Small update.
    So I played with that electrificer build a bit and it's all cool and golden but now I wanted to try Inquisitive X-bow Artificer.
    I'll need someone experienced with Artificer and Inq to look at this topic: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...er-Build/page5
    So I was hoping I'd make human first lifer picking Feats from https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6206514
    Then mix it with enchantments from https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6225419

Ideally I'd like if someone would make me a 28 point buy Inquisitive First lifer Artificer build.

So I understand First lifers usually reincarnate at 20 to unlock 32 point ?
    Also I've read that Artificers use https://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ratcatcher early on as some sort of awesome weapon - what makes it so cool? The augment slot? What should I put there?

Waiting for feedback.
    The thread I was going to recommend no longer exists lol. I will say that standard Inquisitive builds are 18/2 Rogue/Arti and 10/6/4 Rogue/Fighter/Arti. Can swap to a GXBow during No Holds Barred for maximum wreckage.

If you want a LOT of options and a bit of reading, check out this thread. It's got a lot more breakdowns etc

I can do theorycrafting, but I'm not really a crossbow player (I do THF and a little bit of casting). Also Inquisitive + Harper and you've got 2/3 of the build lol.

As far as Ratcatcher, what makes it awesome is the crit profile. It has a 17-20/x3 base profile (average 1.35), which is +2 range and +1 multiplier compared to standard 19-20/x2 (average 1.05, a pretty massive gain). Gets even better once you add ICrit and Inquisitive Core 4 - it then becomes 15-20/x4 (average 1.85). TL;DR: it does 28-37% more flat damage (base + stat + all damage bonuses). Stuff like Law Dice works equally well, but that profile is very solid and will take you far. As far as what to slot, I'd recommend running Night Revels (that's the Halloween event going on right now) and slotting a Ruby of Endless Night (for champs mostly). You could do Ghostbane, but Core 4 Inquisitive gets that so it'd only be useful from 8-12 (worth it if you have two Ratcatchers though lol).
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 10-28-2019 at 02:48 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Page 196 of 196 FirstFirst ... 96146186192193194195196