Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197
Results 3,921 to 3,926 of 3926
  1. #3921
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    2,373

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vychos View Post
    Hey I am using Tilo's build and it' s working like a charm. I am soloing everything on elite until now. Current level 5. I am at the same time running Axel's THF with minor changes since I am a Dragonborn, and I must tell you that although both builds are working great, I enjoy Tilo's more and I can't see why people say clerics and shields are a no go since its working perfectly. Maybe on more high-level quests things may get different, but for now I see no reason to say that.

    Thanks again people.
    Glad to hear! If you have some weak spots, remember you get huge powerspikes at like 9 & 14 (via Domain), and 11 & 17 (Blade Barrier & Implosion) so you're usually pretty close to a powerup.

    The main reason people say Cleric+Shield is a no go: it offers very little to a Cleric. You're only slightly higher AC than a two-stick Cleric who used a wand of Shield, but they get an entire separate item giving them spellpower/DPS/whatever. Clerics don't have any enhancements or spells that affect shields either, AFAIK.

    So it's not that it's directly bad, just there's arguably better choices

    That said; as long as you have a heavy/tower shield you'll double your MRR vs Reflex save spells (like Fireball), and with the Shield Mastery, ISM, etc you'll have a bit of extra PRR as well (and obviously AC and the shield's effects). You do better DPS when you're alive
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

  2. #3922
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Glad to hear! If you have some weak spots, remember you get huge powerspikes at like 9 & 14 (via Domain), and 11 & 17 (Blade Barrier & Implosion) so you're usually pretty close to a powerup.

    The main reason people say Cleric+Shield is a no go: it offers very little to a Cleric. You're only slightly higher AC than a two-stick Cleric who used a wand of Shield, but they get an entire separate item giving them spellpower/DPS/whatever. Clerics don't have any enhancements or spells that affect shields either, AFAIK.

    So it's not that it's directly bad, just there's arguably better choices

    That said; as long as you have a heavy/tower shield you'll double your MRR vs Reflex save spells (like Fireball), and with the Shield Mastery, ISM, etc you'll have a bit of extra PRR as well (and obviously AC and the shield's effects). You do better DPS when you're alive
    Hey Spartan, thanks for all the help!

    I sent you a pm about some of the things you said in your posts.

    Hope you get a chance to see it when you have the time.

    Thanks again.

  3. #3923
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    1

    Default Solo Trapper Tank?

    Is it possible to build a character that can both tank fairly well and handle traps? Some mix of Paladin/Artificer sounds possible, but I haven't gotten the numbers to work yet. I'd like to manage a 28-point build that can solo elite content, ideally as a Warforged.

  4. #3924
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default Warforged Fighter/Artificer Build

    Hey, I've been toying with this build idea for a few hours now and so far I was thinking of going 12 Fighter and 6 Artificer and I was thinking of using this stat spreadsheet for a 32 point 1st lifer and what would be some EEs that would go will with this build?

    Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 16 or 18
    Int 15
    Wis 6
    Cha 6

  5. #3925
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    2,373

    Default Solo Trapper Tank

    Quote Originally Posted by Introspec View Post
    Is it possible to build a character that can both tank fairly well and handle traps? Some mix of Paladin/Artificer sounds possible, but I haven't gotten the numbers to work yet. I'd like to manage a 28-point build that can solo elite content, ideally as a Warforged.
    Typically trapping is doable with 2+ levels of Rogue/Artificer, keeping your skills up, and having relevant gear. It's a little harder without Evasion (as there are a few traps you have to stand in to disarm) but you'll generally want to be medium-heavy armor & shield for a tank build.

    DDO is a game that favors specialization. It's hard to get a strong tank that still has good DPS, especially since you're asking for a first life build (if you have tons of PL's for HP/AC/PRR/MRR/etc it allows you to skimp on tanking a bit).

    Generally leveling a tank goes one of three ways: 1) Find a party, tank for them, let them kill stuff. 2) Build as more of a DPS toon, and use a Lesser Heart/ETR at 30 to rebuild into your final tank. 3) Suffer slowly through leveling, as you have low DPS/AoE and take forever to kill stuff.

    An Elite-viable tank that can trap is pretty doable; but being able to solo content as well makes it a lot more difficult. Like an Elite-solo Artificer I'd recommend using a Repeating Crossbow, but as a tank I'd recommend sword & board.

    Finally, U45 messed up basically all the current tank builds; it'll be a little bit before they start settling down again. Just a heads up

    With that out of the way, I'd like to ask a few questions:
    • Are you planning on using this as a leveling build, or are you making an alt to park at a certain level?
    • Do you want this toon to be a viable endgame tank for raids/Reaper/etc?
    • Do you have a bit of experience in DDO, or are you still new?
    • Are you F2P/Premium/VIP?
    • If not VIP, what classes do you have unlocked?
    • Which Iconics do you have access to? Particularly Bladeforged, given your interest in a Warforged Paladin.
    • Do you want to be Ravenloft-viable? Sharn-on-Elite-at-level? Slave Lords?
    • Do you have a main toon that can farm gear for this one?
    • How serious are you about tanking vs just being tanky?
    • Do you want to be soloing Heroic Elite, or Epic Elite; or both? Heroic Elite is pretty comparable to Epic Hard, and Epic Elite is a huge step up past that.

    On to my immediate build ideas (which I'll happily flesh out more once I know more).

    15/4/1 Artificer/Paladin/Wizard is a fairly common tank split, using Renegade Mastermaker; there's a few variants floating around, but this thread gets the idea a bit. U45 messed up all tank

    18/2 Paladin/Rogue seems decent as well; with Paladin saves you could easily ditch armor for fantastic Evasion when trapping (as needed), and just throw it back on afterwards. THF via KotC for soloing, or S&B via Vanguard for CC, or just heavy investment in Sacred Defender with whatever for tanking. Allows a lot more respec options, which I'm fond of. Would really like Bladeforged, but should be alright with Warforged as long as you grab a few Healer's Bounty enhancements. Vanguard would be like this build from Strimtom, but starting with Rogue 1 and taking a second level around 10ish and without Tiefling. Should be solid though

    Here's a slightly older 15/4/1 Paladin/Rogue/Fighter from Unbongwah, using SWF; it'd be an off-tank, but should do alright. His comments on the 2nd page include some modernization.

    Honestly though, I think you'd do pretty well as a Enlightened Spirit tanklock; 18/2 Warlock/Rogue or 15/3/2 Warlock/Paladin/Rogue - 18/2 has more damage, 15/3/2 is a bunch tankier. You'd run mostly like any other auralock, but you'd be maxing Con > Cha > Int probably instead of the usual.

    -----

    I'll update more when I hear back from ya Let me know if any of those sound interesting or not at all
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 02-28-2020 at 10:30 AM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

  6. #3926
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    2,373

    Default WF Fighter/Artificer

    Quote Originally Posted by Nimnor View Post
    Hey, I've been toying with this build idea for a few hours now and so far I was thinking of going 12 Fighter and 6 Artificer and I was thinking of using this stat spreadsheet for a 32 point 1st lifer and what would be some EEs that would go will with this build?

    Str 16
    Dex 12
    Con 16 or 18
    Int 15
    Wis 6
    Cha 6
    Sorry, what are the EE's you're mentioning? EE to me means Epic Elite

    Warforged? Not sure how you're getting those stats otherwise. Artificer 6's healing will be falling off mid-teens probably; you won't have burst healing, although you can probably top up between fights.

    12/6 Fighter/Artificer, what are you after? Artificer implies runearm, so maybe something with SWF? Or is it a crossbow build for Fighter PL? Or THF because of the update?

    If you're going Artificer, do you have access to Harper Agent? Might be worth going fully Int-based if you do. Harper Agent gives Int-to-Hit & Int-to-Damage as well as Know the Angles, which is a pretty solid buff to DPS & tactics DC's (like Stunning blow). If you're going that way, might consider THF for the multi-stuns available. Or Renegade Mastermaker for the punches Since Fighter also gets Tactics bonuses, you could probably have very solid CC effects

    I'd love to help ya more, can you tell me a bit of what you're aiming for? Thanks
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload