Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191 LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,800 of 3808
  1. #3781
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    139

    Default Request for a "Top Tier" WarForged / BladeForged

    Hey! Your service is valued by this community, for sure.

    I've been talking with folks in my chat channels, and nobody can think of a single "top tier" WarForged (or BladeForged) build, since Reaper came out.

    I don't care about class combos or party role or anything else, I just wanted to know if there was any build at all that was Top Tier but still used WarForged (or BladeForged) as its race. If I got a preference, though, I'd want to have top tier damage output.
    Ingame: Lazertron / Calyad / Model XVII / Placebo Effecct / Shiinobii / Jerronicus

    No cybering.

  2. #3782
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaBop View Post
    Hey! Your service is valued by this community, for sure.

    I've been talking with folks in my chat channels, and nobody can think of a single "top tier" WarForged (or BladeForged) build, since Reaper came out.

    I don't care about class combos or party role or anything else, I just wanted to know if there was any build at all that was Top Tier but still used WarForged (or BladeForged) as its race. If I got a preference, though, I'd want to have top tier damage output.
    What resources (tomes/packs/PL's etc) do you have available?

    You could probs do a Wizard build just fine, but that's DC casting not DPS. Also PM doesn't care about WF penalties.

    DPS you have to take advantage of the T3 +15 MP or +25 SP, but you only win for heroics vs like HOrc? Hmm. I need to think more, hopefully someone else has ideas XD

    Edit: Things I can think of: Druid Wolf build, where you just get the 15 MP and ignore the Warforged penalties (does Healer's Friend work in Wolf form?). I'd guess you have better damage for heroics, and probably comparable in epics.

    Otherwise, if you're just looking for heroics you're probably best off with Sorcerer. Just grab the 25 Spellpower, and blast away. Cha penalty hurts a little, but not enough to matter w/modern powercreep.

    My final thought is EK melee, you can use T3 and T4 for both MP & SP benefits.
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 03-28-2019 at 05:44 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

  3. #3783
    Community Member YoureDown's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Haifa, Israel
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Heya!

    So now with teiflings, scoundrels and inquisitive being released, I wondered what you would do with them. So,

    What would be your optimal Scoundrel pure bard build, assuming completionist with +8 tomes to everything?
    What would be the optimal inquisitive build?
    If you are seeing this the chance of there being a pony reaction gif up above is 73.42619%. In case there is none, please notify me and I will deliver a pastel colored equine to this thread.

  4. #3784
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    What resources (tomes/packs/PL's etc) do you have available?
    Everything. Every max tome, every pack, all the PLs. (Well...I'm going to get the Tiefling and such quite soon. Quadpletionist here.)

    I just am a little sad that it really seems like there isn't any top-tier anything that a WF can do in 'real end game' content. I'd be doing R10 epics.

    Thanks for your help!
    Ingame: Lazertron / Calyad / Model XVII / Placebo Effecct / Shiinobii / Jerronicus

    No cybering.

  5. #3785
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaBop View Post
    I just am a little sad that it really seems like there isn't any top-tier anything that a WF can do in 'real end game' content. I'd be doing R10 epics.
    Just check this. Here present nice BF variant. 8)

  6. #3786
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default Umm, hello?

    Hey guys,

    So is there a link tot build that is up to date, working, easy to understand for new players that:
    is a melee spell caster? I would like to run with a sword (or 2) attack and cast dmg spell on everyone (EVIIIIIL) . A have subscripttion, so nott enterily free 2 play.

    In perfectt world i would like i to be like 60-70% damage - 30-40% survivability type of char.

    Please, help me enjoy this game. If i havent added any info tthat is needed, please let me know

  7. #3787
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,293

    Default

    See my Bladesingers thread. Also Strimtom's Eldritch Knight thread.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  8. #3788
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default i am new

    i am having troubles figuring out how to make threads as I wanted to ask when will pet companion ownership certificates be back in the ddo store to buy I wanted to get a gargoyle with my points and they are gone.... sorry that I am asking this in the wrong thread

  9. #3789
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    See my Bladesingers thread. Also Strimtom's Eldritch Knight thread.

    I cant find your bladesinger thread... only axesiger... could you give me link to your bladesinger??

  10. #3790
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,293

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sendiedis View Post
    I cant find your bladesinger thread... only axesiger... could you give me link to your bladesinger??
    Sorry, forgot it wasn't in my sig: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...e-Bladesingers!

    For future reference: you can click on someone's username -> "View Profile" -> "Find latest started threads" to view their threads.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  11. #3791
    Community Member Octarino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Has anyone recently done a viable pure druid build focusing entirely on tanking (probably in bear form)?

    I realise other tank builds are superior, just wondering what could be done with pure druid.

  12. #3792
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Cannith, usually
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarino View Post
    Has anyone recently done a viable pure druid build focusing entirely on tanking (probably in bear form)?

    I realise other tank builds are superior, just wondering what could be done with pure druid.
    Once you take multiclassing out of the equation, it becomes a lot easier to figure out a build :P

    You can't do Iconics (assuming no LHoW burn) so your best option is probably Dwarf? Weird.

    Dwarf Druid 20

    Feats:
    • Shield Mastery
    • Improved Shield Mastery
    • Force of Personality
    • Skill Focus: Intimidate
    • Quicken Spell
    • Extend Spell
    • Least Dragonmark of Warding


    Epic Feats:
    • Toughness
    • Epic Toughness
    • Epic Repuation
    • Epic Damage Reduction


    Destiny Feats:
    • Epic Skill Focus: Intimidate
    • Mass Frog (for Baba)
    • Deific Warding


    Legendary Feat:
    • Scion of Celestia


    Skills:
    • Intimidate
    • Heal
    • Balance


    AP:
    • 41 Nature's Protector (Capstone, T5)
    • 15 Dwarf (Child of the Mountain, Radiant Forcefield)
    • 13 Falconry (Healamp, Conditioning, Core 3)
    • 11 Season's Herald (Autumn Winds) - looks pretty good but haven't used it.



    With any Racial AP, get Stand like Stone x3

    -----

    Run in US, either Vigor of Battle or Stand Against the Tide (if knockdowns). Intimidate, and then either shield block (if necessary) or hit things (you're a bear). You'll have a lot of melee threat, and can just rage and hit stuff for whatever DPS/Hate you can get while waiting for Intimidate.

    Rising Fury seems like a pretty easy +10 morale bonus to Con/Strength as well, keep that Extended

    Regenerate/Mass Regenerate is where you'll spend most of your Spell Points, you can stack durations and just cast it a lot to get hilarious amounts of Heal over Time. Note that only the first cast's Spellpower matters, so buff up before starting then you can swap to whatever gear to maintain it.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

  13. #3793
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default Request for Dragonborn Fighter/Monk?

    Hi. I don't know if this thread is active, but figured give it a shot. I'm a returning player with little to nothing far as any of the more advanced options. I like Dragonborns, and well... kinda like monks, but hate the weapon choices. It's probably why I'm looking to request this odd ball build that no one else seems willing to give it a go?

    I'm currently thinking red dragon ancestry might be the go to for it, but I'm on the ropes and wanted to see what some experienced builders could do with it?

  14. #3794
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    Hi. I don't know if this thread is active, but figured give it a shot. I'm a returning player with little to nothing far as any of the more advanced options. I like Dragonborns, and well... kinda like monks, but hate the weapon choices. It's probably why I'm looking to request this odd ball build that no one else seems willing to give it a go?

    I'm currently thinking red dragon ancestry might be the go to for it, but I'm on the ropes and wanted to see what some experienced builders could do with it?
    Here ya go.

    Adamantine knuckles from long ago are your go-to heroic weapon.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-14-2019 at 08:18 PM.

  15. #3795
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Here ya go.

    Adamantine knuckles from long ago are your go-to heroic weapon.
    Hm. Looks good, but not feeling it here. Any other two handed weapon builds?

  16. #3796
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    Hm. Looks good, but not feeling it here. Any other two handed weapon builds?
    Same build, swap twf to thf, and use a quarterstaff, or really any weapon you want once you have T5 kensai with IC:X to match.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-15-2019 at 11:26 AM.

  17. #3797
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Same build, swap twf to thf, and use a quarterstaff, or really any weapon you want once you have T5 kensai with IC:X to match.
    Eh, I noticed a big problem here. It requires Favored Soul. I do not have that class unlocked here. What do you suggest to use in place of that?

  18. #3798
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    You could just use cleric, and triple stat the build with str/wisdom/cha. Levels in wisdom for DCs.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 04-15-2019 at 04:55 PM.

  19. #3799
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    You could just use cleric, and triple stat the build with str/wisdom/cha. Levels in wisdom for DCs.
    Ok. Now, here's one problem as well I'm noticing. If I don't want a monk or cleric weapon, as I stated before, there's no real deity feats to align with this at all.

    That's my one problem I've noticed from checking this out. Cleric, Favored Soul, etc. is fun. However, I think I'm looking for something with great sword or great axe in the long run here. It leaves those two out if I want to use feats for them.

  20. #3800
    Community Member jfgddo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mundelein, Illinois
    Posts
    294

    Default Monkcher/ trapper 12 monk/ 6 ranger/ 2 rogue

    I have been searching for a 12 monk/ 6 ranger/ 2 rogue build and seem to be coming up short. I would like elf, twf (for handwraps and possible longswords ), trap skills, self sufficient/heals, archer and melee dps,. PL-barb, cleric, druid, fighter, ranger, wizard. I have +7 supreme tome and also have skill tomes( I believe they are all maxed out).

    I don't know if it will matter but a 13 monk/ 6 ranger/ 1 rogue build or a 12 monk/ 7 ranger/ 1 rogue build would also work if it is possible. I think 1 rog level works good but I'm not totally sure about that. I never have played a monk before so that's why I asked for this type of build. Looked like it was fun back in the day but with updates , I was told its not as viable now. I just wanted to say TY in advance for the help on this. If you need more information I will try to get it to you ASAP!

Page 190 of 191 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload