Page 215 of 215 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215
Results 4,281 to 4,288 of 4288
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by aurus33 View Post
    Do you have a link where I can find the details of this build? seems interesting.

Thanks!
    Here ya go. Not a lot of FvS variety these days so this build was pretty close to the top of that class subforum

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aurus33 View Post
    Do you have a link where I can find the details of this build? seems interesting.

Thanks!
    Here's a pretty detailed one from Unsinful/Multipro: Link
    Here's one from Zappy that I like a little more: Link
    Here's a short one from Mikarddo, I'd recommend some more Intimidate stuff but YMMV: Link

There's not a ton of variety, mostly just flavoring

Quote Originally Posted by Discpsycho View Post
    Here ya go. Not a lot of FvS variety these days so this build was pretty close to the top of that class subforum
    That one's built for being a survivable healer more than an off-tank. Wis-max is IMO significantly worse for tanking (Cha build for Intimidate boost is really helpful, Con for HP is certainly better for level-ups etc) and the feats are a little different. It's pretty similar though, so I wouldn't expect you to struggle
    Last edited by SpartanKiller13; 01-22-2021 at 03:47 PM.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Is there a modern, first life, solo, Human Paladin build around here, somewhere? Seven or eight months back, I recall a thread in which the writer created such a character. I want to practice playing at higher difficulties.

Thank you.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

Community Member

I just TR'd to tief scoundrel. I'm not familiar with bards. What should I get for the bard? I'm open to ideas.

Just want a bard that can hold its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Annex View Post
    Is there a modern, first life, solo, Human Paladin build around here, somewhere? Seven or eight months back, I recall a thread in which the writer created such a character. I want to practice playing at higher difficulties.

Thank you.
    • Do you have access to Feydark Illusionist?
    • When you say higher difficulties, are you looking to solo like R6 or what's the goal?
    • Is this for 1-20, 1-30, sitting at 30, or? Vet I/II?
    • What tomes do you have? Str/Dex are the critical ones to know about.
    • Do you have 32-point builds available?

When soloing, one of the most important parts is self-healing. Paladin's amazing at this through Elite, but Reaper's self-healing debuff means you have to work for it as you scale up skulls.

Feydark allows you to Cha-max as a Paladin which not only pushes your saves through the roof but also scales your Lay on Hands a ton which is your source of burst self-healing. Greater Color Spray is also incredibly helpful for Heroics, although it's harder to get viable DC's in epics without making a lot of painful tradeoffs.

The problem with going Feydark that you really badly want stat tomes; THF requires Str 17, which is harder to hit without tomes while maxing Cha (and not dumping Con lol). Also you need Magical Training to get into the tree (but you'll probably want that for self-healing etc anyway).

End of the day ideal is probably something like 41/31/7 KotC/SaD/FI. There really isn't a lot of AP flexibility available when trying to optimize a pure Pally.

-------

You could run a S&B Paladin Vanguard build, but they're not so modern and THF is incredibly strong right now so it's very popular.

-------

Let me know some details and your thoughts and we'll go from there
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by infael View Post
    I just TR'd to tief scoundrel. I'm not familiar with bards. What should I get for the bard? I'm open to ideas.

Just want a bard that can hold its own.
    • Do you play in a party? Solo?
    • Are you looking for a 15-30 quick IPL, or do you want to sit at cap, or do a stack of EPL's?
    • Do you typically run dailies/slayers 20-28 or like R1 stuff?
    • Do you have a lot of PL's/RAP/RP? (Vaguely)
    • Do you have access to Feydark Illusionist? Inquisitive?
    • What difficulty to you run/aim for, solo and in party?

Honestly now that Feydark is out there's a lot more options (assuming you have access to it).

Bard can play really well as a support, although IMO it's best multiclassed. I'm currently enjoying an alt that I set up as 15/4/1 Bard/Warlock/Alchemist (although I'd maybe redo as 12/5/3) spreading temp HP and heals across a raid group. Zero DPS/CC though, it's party-only.

You could run as a CC/Support machine also, like T5 Spellsinger + C4 Warchanter + Feydark = great songs, great buffs, tons of CC. Really dependent on having a party though lol.

Feydark + Inquisitive would set you up as a Cha-max build, and you could follow that with Spellsinger's Sustaining Song and be in a pretty solid spot. CC via GCS and like Sonic Blast, and ranged DPS for soloing plus shiny Bard songs for party setup. Probably the easiest option for soloing, but it's not glamorous and I'm not a fan of ranged DPS.

You could also do a Freezing Ice build with Warchanter, using some Swashbuckled weapon and Feydark. Between all the ice effects and backup GCS you'll have a lot of CC everywhere, and your melee is enough DPS to chip stuff down This one seems more fun, but YMMV.

------

As far as general Bard tips:
    Max Perform - a lot of your stuff is gated behind it, and some DC's are based on it.
    You have two types of song effects: active song buffs (all rolled into one button, your Bardic Inspiration) that you buff people one-at-a-time with, and your Ballad buffs (a passive aura effect).
    Max Devotion - Spellsinger T4 Sustaining Song is insane in party scenarios, but is based on your current spellpower.

------

Gimme some details, what are ya interested in (or other angles to take) and what do ya have?
    -Khysiria of Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    • Do you have access to Feydark Illusionist?
    • When you say higher difficulties, are you looking to solo like R6 or what's the goal?
    • Is this for 1-20, 1-30, sitting at 30, or? Vet I/II?
    • What tomes do you have? Str/Dex are the critical ones to know about.
    • Do you have 32-point builds available?

When soloing, one of the most important parts is self-healing. Paladin's amazing at this through Elite, but Reaper's self-healing debuff means you have to work for it as you scale up skulls.

Feydark allows you to Cha-max as a Paladin which not only pushes your saves through the roof but also scales your Lay on Hands a ton which is your source of burst self-healing. Greater Color Spray is also incredibly helpful for Heroics, although it's harder to get viable DC's in epics without making a lot of painful tradeoffs.

The problem with going Feydark that you really badly want stat tomes; THF requires Str 17, which is harder to hit without tomes while maxing Cha (and not dumping Con lol). Also you need Magical Training to get into the tree (but you'll probably want that for self-healing etc anyway).

End of the day ideal is probably something like 41/31/7 KotC/SaD/FI. There really isn't a lot of AP flexibility available when trying to optimize a pure Pally.

-------

You could run a S&B Paladin Vanguard build, but they're not so modern and THF is incredibly strong right now so it's very popular.

-------

Let me know some details and your thoughts and we'll go from there
    Thank you, SpartanKiller13.

At low levels, depending on the character, I play Normal or Hard difficulty. At mid levels, I always drop to Normal with very rare forays into Hard. At Epic levels, I play Normal with occasional forays into Hard. At all higher difficulties I sustain too much damage, too quickly, from enemy monsters using Wizard spells.

All my previous attempts to play Clerics (8 tries), Fighters (8 tries), Mages (2 tries), and Paladins (1 try) have failed. About 8 months ago I created my first Rogue Mechanic. She is very easy to play and reached Level 8 running almost everything on Hard with another character in tow. Unfortunately, her equipment became outdated, I had to drop to Normal, and now she remains stuck until I can make her some equipment.

My existing Paladin was created in 2014. It will require a full character reset to fix her. She does not have Epic Destinies and thus remains stuck at Level 22.

I am looking to create a brand new character for the purpose of testing higher difficulties. I have seen many claims that brand new Paladins can easily solo Reaper 1 Difficulty so I thought to try that. She will not have any Tomes. She will need to run each quest Normal>Hard>Elite to unlock Reaper Mode. She will have 32 points for Ability Scores. She will have equipment from Cannith Crafting and Cannith Challenges. She will have access to Menace of the Underdark and Shadowfell Conspiracy. She will run entirely solo with a hire.

My past experience with Fighters revealed that Monster Champions with Wizard spells destroy them. Perhaps a modern Paladin will fare better. That is the hope.
    Sophie the Cat Burglar - Creator, Dreamer, Explorer - Happy yet Sad - Seeker of Beauty and Wonder
    I suppose I am playing for now. I wish you all many happy adventures!

Post Is a Vistani Knife Fighting Pale Trapper viable?

I returned to the game recently after 5 or so years away. I and several friends are all making 1st life characters to run heroic content. I'd like to play with the Vistani Knife Fighting tree, and Pale Master (because I never did a Pale Master back in the day). I'm going to be human and need to reserve 12 points to use in the Human tree to get Greater Dragonmark of Finding (for our playthrough we plan to go "Old-School" and not to use auction hall, broker, or DDO Store items (so no tomes). Other than that I want to do the trapping for the group, so I was thinking 18/2 Pale Wiz-Rogue. I have 32 point builds available to me.

Is this viable for Heroic Elite to Lvl 20? Is there a build out there that will work for me, or could you put one together? Thank you in advance.
    "Life is pain, Your Highness...anyone who says differently is selling something."

Page 215 of 215 FirstFirst ... 115165205211212213214215