Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197
Results 3,921 to 3,922 of 3922
    Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vychos View Post
    Hey I am using Tilo's build and it' s working like a charm. I am soloing everything on elite until now. Current level 5. I am at the same time running Axel's THF with minor changes since I am a Dragonborn, and I must tell you that although both builds are working great, I enjoy Tilo's more and I can't see why people say clerics and shields are a no go since its working perfectly. Maybe on more high-level quests things may get different, but for now I see no reason to say that.

Thanks again people.
    Glad to hear! If you have some weak spots, remember you get huge powerspikes at like 9 & 14 (via Domain), and 11 & 17 (Blade Barrier & Implosion) so you're usually pretty close to a powerup.

The main reason people say Cleric+Shield is a no go: it offers very little to a Cleric. You're only slightly higher AC than a two-stick Cleric who used a wand of Shield, but they get an entire separate item giving them spellpower/DPS/whatever. Clerics don't have any enhancements or spells that affect shields either, AFAIK.

So it's not that it's directly bad, just there's arguably better choices

That said; as long as you have a heavy/tower shield you'll double your MRR vs Reflex save spells (like Fireball), and with the Shield Mastery, ISM, etc you'll have a bit of extra PRR as well (and obviously AC and the shield's effects). You do better DPS when you're alive
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Glad to hear! If you have some weak spots, remember you get huge powerspikes at like 9 & 14 (via Domain), and 11 & 17 (Blade Barrier & Implosion) so you're usually pretty close to a powerup.

The main reason people say Cleric+Shield is a no go: it offers very little to a Cleric. You're only slightly higher AC than a two-stick Cleric who used a wand of Shield, but they get an entire separate item giving them spellpower/DPS/whatever. Clerics don't have any enhancements or spells that affect shields either, AFAIK.

So it's not that it's directly bad, just there's arguably better choices

That said; as long as you have a heavy/tower shield you'll double your MRR vs Reflex save spells (like Fireball), and with the Shield Mastery, ISM, etc you'll have a bit of extra PRR as well (and obviously AC and the shield's effects). You do better DPS when you're alive
    Hey Spartan, thanks for all the help!

I sent you a pm about some of the things you said in your posts.

Hope you get a chance to see it when you have the time.

Thanks again.

Page 197 of 197 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197