Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186
Results 3,701 to 3,719 of 3719
  1. #3701
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noobodyfool View Post
    1. monk dps/survivability build a reaper type monk build. you can multiclass if this make it a better build im looking for what you think is the best of the best for reaper monk

    2. fighter dps/survivability build in heavy armor reaper type fighter build. you can multiclass if this make it a better build im looking for what you think is the best of the best for reaper heavy armor fighter
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...per-optimized)
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...asimar-Fighter
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  2. #3702
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    That soundburst build is styling Unbongwah!

    Ok, so I need a caster build that deals (high reaper level) dps for Damonzz. Got an idea for aasimar or aasimar scourge DC casting pure barb, con + wisdom based, ultimate completionist + tomes, using mass frog + visage + healing hands + wisdom to hit/dmg. Ideas on fleshing it out as THF vs. twf?

    Thinking TWF with heavy warfare set is higher boss dps if we instant kill the trash.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-23-2018 at 11:13 PM.

  3. #3703
    Community Member noobodyfool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Thanks Unbongwah who do you think would win in a fight ?

  4. #3704
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Ok, so I need a caster build that deals (high reaper level) dps for Damonzz. Got an idea for aasimar or aasimar scourge DC casting pure barb, con + wisdom based, ultimate completionist + tomes, using mass frog + visage + healing hands + wisdom to hit/dmg. Ideas on fleshing it out as THF vs. twf?

    Thinking TWF with heavy warfare set is higher boss dps if we instant kill the trash.
    Why pure barb? Why not Scourge rgr 6 / cleric 14 (War domain)? Take your 14/5/1 toon and swap the FvS splash for an extra rgr lvl (don't need Div Will w/Falconry). Something like 17 Scourge (DotD) / 40 Tempest (tier-5s) / 27 Falconry (No Mercy etc.). That's "only" 4 extra racial APs, I'm sure you must have twice that by now. Mass Frog -> <Soundburst | Dire Charge> the survivors -> DoD + TC vs trash mobs.

    EDIT: ah I see you want two AoE instakills - Visage of Terror + Mass Frog. Well VoT is CON-based while MF is WIS-based and I have a hard enough time get one DC stat high enough to be useful let alone two so good luck with that.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 08-24-2018 at 10:00 AM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  5. #3705
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Ahh ... I got it figured out. It's gonna be epic. Two stat DC casting is easy. Especially when one of the stats is Con where you will bump it up anyways on any build. It's adding in damage on top where it gets tricksy hobbity.

    But I have that figured out as well.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-25-2018 at 02:47 AM.

  6. #3706
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,176

    Default

    The Genasi are planetouched humans with elemental affinities. We don't have Genasi in DDO, of course, but we do have Aasimar and druids get elemental forms, so consider this a "homebrew" Genasi.

    The important part is requester wanted a druid 15 / monk 5 build using handwraps. They have Falconry and a +7 Supreme tome, so that lets us go all-in on a WIS-based build.

    EDIT: tweaked build
    Code:
    Shintao Falconer Genasi
    15/5 Druid/Monk
    Lawful Neutral Aasimar
    
    
    
    
    Level Order
    
    
    1. Druid           6. Druid          11. Monk           16. Druid
    2. Monk            7. Druid          12. Monk           17. Druid
    3. Monk            8. Druid          13. Druid          18. Druid
    4. Druid           9. Druid          14. Druid          19. Druid
    5. Druid          10. Monk           15. Druid          20. Druid
    
    
    
    
    Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +7       4: WIS
    Dexterity       12       +7       8: WIS
    Constitution    18       +7      12: WIS
    Intelligence     8       +7      16: WIS
    Wisdom          20       +7      20: WIS
    Charisma         8       +7      24: WIS
                                     28: WIS
    
    
    Skills
              D  M  M  D  D  D  D  D  D  M  M  M  D  D  D  D  D  D  D  D
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Heal      4        3  1  1  1  1  1           4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spellcr   4           2  2  2  1  1              3  3  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spot            1           1           4  2        1  1  1  1  1  3  16
    UMD          1  1              1  1  2     1           1  1  1  1     11
    Tumble       1                                                         1
             ------------------------------------------------------------
             12  4  4  4  4  4  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  6  6  6  6  6  6
    
    
    
    
    Feats
    
    
     1        : Quicken Spell
     2 Monk   : Stunning Fist
     3        : Precision
     3 Monk   : Two Weapon Fighting
     6        : Adept of Forms
     9        : Maximize Spell
    12        : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    15        : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    18        : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    20 Swap   : Spell Focus: Evocation replaces Maximize Spell
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Master of Forms OR Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Mass Frog
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Grandmaster of Forms OR Empower Healing Spell
    30 Legend : Scion of: Astral Plane OR Plane of Air
    
    
     1 Aasimar: Bond of the Fallen
    
    
    10 Monk   : Path of Harmonious Balance
    
    
     4 Druid  : Wild Shape 1: Wolf
     7 Druid  : Wild Shape 1: Bear
    13 Druid  : Wild Shape 2: Winter Wolf
    16 Druid  : Wild Shape 2: Dire Bear
    18 Druid  : Wild Shape 3: Fire Elemental OR Water Elemental
    
    
    
    
    Enhancements (80+12 AP)
    
    
    Shintao (34 AP)
    
    • Bastion of Purity, Protection from Tainted Creatures
      1. Difficulty at the Beginning, Deft Strikes III
      2. Lifting the Veil, Smite Tainted Creature, Iron Skin III, Knock on the Sky, Conditioning III
      3. Restoring the Balance, Jade Strike, Dismissing Strike, Wisdom
      4. The Receptive Earth, Tomb of Jade, Instinctive Defense I, Wisdom
      5. Empty Hand Mastery, Violence Begets Violence
    Falconry (28 AP)
    • Falcon, Wisdom
      1. Hunter's Knowledge, Out in Nature III
      2. Killer Instinct I, Diving Strike III, Sprint Boost I
      3. Killer Instinct II, Strike for the Eyes: Strike III, Conditioning
      4. Deadly Instinct III, No Mercy III, Coordinated Strike, Expose Weakness
    Aasimar (12 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Improved Recovery
      2. Divine Purpose
      3. Divine Charge II
    Nature's Warrior (12 AP)
    • Natural Adept, Nature's Senses
      1. Extra Wild Empathy II, Beastial Nature II
      2. Flight I, Double Strike Boost III
      3. Prey on the Weak II
    Nature's Protector (6 AP)
    • Nature's Protector, Nature's Defense
      1. Enchanted Defense III, Fey's Blessing I
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Attack Boost I
    2. Damage Boost III
    3. Critical Damage III, Haste Boost III
    4. (none)
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer
    Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Balanced Attacks (Tier 3 Primal)
    3. School Specialist: Evocation (Tier 2 Magister)
    4. Dance of Flowers (Tier 1 Flowers)
    5. Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)
    Prey on the Weak, No Mercy, Sense Weakness, and Combat Brute should stack together for 15% + 30% + 30% + 50% = +125% helpless damage on top of the usual +50% helpless damage. This build gets Stunning Fist, Balanced Attacks (knockdown on vorpal), BoGW, and Dire Charge, all of which cause helplessness. As an added bonus, it also has Earthquake for extra CC and Mass Frog for lulz. Caster DPS isn't a significant contributor, but you can use Body of the Sun, Firewall, etc. as well; or the ice equivalents if you choose water elemental form.

    Single-target CC (helpless): Stunning Fist, Salt Ray, Tomb of Jade, Hunting Bird attacks, Balanced Attacks (vorpal KD)
    AoE CC (helpless): Coordinated Strike, BoGW, Dire Charge
    AoE CC (no helpless): Sleet Storm, Earthquake
    AoE "instakill": Mass Frog

    The extra racial APs are optional; you can drop points from either Aasimar or Nature's Warrior.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 08-30-2018 at 12:11 PM.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  7. #3707
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post

    Prey on the Weak, No Mercy, Sense Weakness, and Combat Brute should stack together for 15% + 30% + 30% + 50% = +125% helpless damage on top of the usual +50% helpless damage. This build gets Stunning Fist, Balanced Attacks (knockdown on vorpal), BoGW, and Dire Charge, all of which cause helplessness. As an added bonus, it also has Earthquake for extra CC and Mass Frog for lulz. Caster DPS isn't a significant contributor, but you can use Body of the Sun, Firewall, etc. as well; or the ice equivalents if you choose water elemental form.
    Ohohohoo! It also gets Salt Ray and Tomb of Jade as well!
    Last edited by Tilomere; 08-27-2018 at 09:57 PM.

  8. #3708
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The Genasi are planetouched humans with elemental affinities. We don't have Genasi in DDO, of course, but we do have Aasimar and druids get elemental forms, so consider this a "homebrew" Genasi.

    The important part is requester wanted a druid 15 / monk 5 build using handwraps. They have Falconry and a +7 Supreme tome, so that lets us go all-in on a WIS-based build.

    EDIT: tweaked build
    Code:
    Shintao Falconer Genasi
    15/5 Druid/Monk
    Lawful Neutral Aasimar
    
    
    
    
    Level Order
    
    
    1. Druid           6. Druid          11. Monk           16. Druid
    2. Monk            7. Druid          12. Monk           17. Druid
    3. Monk            8. Druid          13. Druid          18. Druid
    4. Druid           9. Druid          14. Druid          19. Druid
    5. Druid          10. Monk           15. Druid          20. Druid
    
    
    
    
    Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength         8       +7       4: WIS
    Dexterity       12       +7       8: WIS
    Constitution    18       +7      12: WIS
    Intelligence     8       +7      16: WIS
    Wisdom          20       +7      20: WIS
    Charisma         8       +7      24: WIS
                                     28: WIS
    
    
    Skills
              D  M  M  D  D  D  D  D  D  M  M  M  D  D  D  D  D  D  D  D
              1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
             ------------------------------------------------------------
    Concent   4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Heal      4        3  1  1  1  1  1           4  1  1  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spellcr   4           2  2  2  1  1              3  3  1  1  1  1  1  23
    Spot            1           1           4  2        1  1  1  1  1  3  16
    UMD          1  1              1  1  2     1           1  1  1  1     11
    Tumble       1                                                         1
             ------------------------------------------------------------
             12  4  4  4  4  4  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  5  6  6  6  6  6  6
    
    
    
    
    Feats
    
    
     1        : Quicken Spell
     2 Monk   : Stunning Fist
     3        : Precision
     3 Monk   : Two Weapon Fighting
     6        : Adept of Forms
     9        : Maximize Spell
    12        : Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    15        : Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    18        : Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    20 Swap   : Spell Focus: Evocation replaces Maximize Spell
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    27 Epic   : Master of Forms OR Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Mass Frog
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Grandmaster of Forms OR Empower Healing Spell
    30 Legend : Scion of: Astral Plane OR Plane of Air
    
    
     1 Aasimar: Bond of the Fallen
    
    
    10 Monk   : Path of Harmonious Balance
    
    
     4 Druid  : Wild Shape 1: Wolf
     7 Druid  : Wild Shape 1: Bear
    13 Druid  : Wild Shape 2: Winter Wolf
    16 Druid  : Wild Shape 2: Dire Bear
    18 Druid  : Wild Shape 3: Fire Elemental OR Water Elemental
    
    
    
    
    Enhancements (80+12 AP)
    
    
    Shintao (34 AP)
    
    • Bastion of Purity, Protection from Tainted Creatures
      1. Difficulty at the Beginning, Deft Strikes III
      2. Lifting the Veil, Smite Tainted Creature, Iron Skin III, Knock on the Sky, Conditioning III
      3. Restoring the Balance, Jade Strike, Dismissing Strike, Wisdom
      4. The Receptive Earth, Tomb of Jade, Instinctive Defense I, Wisdom
      5. Empty Hand Mastery, Violence Begets Violence
    Falconry (28 AP)
    • Falcon, Wisdom
      1. Hunter's Knowledge, Out in Nature III
      2. Killer Instinct I, Diving Strike III, Sprint Boost I
      3. Killer Instinct II, Strike for the Eyes: Strike III, Conditioning
      4. Deadly Instinct III, No Mercy III, Coordinated Strike, Expose Weakness
    Aasimar (12 AP)
    • Stronger Bonds, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds II, Wisdom, Stronger Bonds III
      1. Improved Recovery
      2. Divine Purpose
      3. Divine Charge II
    Nature's Warrior (12 AP)
    • Natural Adept, Nature's Senses
      1. Extra Wild Empathy II, Beastial Nature II
      2. Flight I, Double Strike Boost III
      3. Prey on the Weak II
    Nature's Protector (6 AP)
    • Nature's Protector, Nature's Defense
      1. Enchanted Defense III, Fey's Blessing I
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III, Attack Boost I
    2. Damage Boost III
    3. Critical Damage III, Haste Boost III
    4. (none)
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer
    Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Balanced Attacks (Tier 3 Primal)
    3. School Specialist: Evocation (Tier 2 Magister)
    4. Dance of Flowers (Tier 1 Flowers)
    5. Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)
    Prey on the Weak, No Mercy, Sense Weakness, and Combat Brute should stack together for 15% + 30% + 30% + 50% = +125% helpless damage on top of the usual +50% helpless damage. This build gets Stunning Fist, Balanced Attacks (knockdown on vorpal), BoGW, and Dire Charge, all of which cause helplessness. As an added bonus, it also has Earthquake for extra CC and Mass Frog for lulz. Caster DPS isn't a significant contributor, but you can use Body of the Sun, Firewall, etc. as well; or the ice equivalents if you choose water elemental form.

    Single-target CC (helpless): Stunning Fist, Salt Ray, Tomb of Jade, Hunting Bird attacks, Balanced Attacks (vorpal KD)
    AoE CC (helpless): Coordinated Strike, BoGW, Dire Charge
    AoE CC (no helpless): Sleet Storm, Earthquake
    AoE "instakill": Mass Frog

    The extra racial APs are optional; you can drop points from either Aasimar or Nature's Warrior.
    Thank you so much man. This will be a blast to run next life. I appreciate it.

  9. #3709
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    226

    Default

    Very nice. Where would you fit in completionist Unbongwah?

    Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Do you have Falconry? I was thinking WIS-based PDK cleric 14 / ftr 6: Animal Domain for Feral Charge (DC is based on WIS); tier-5 Kensei for melee DPS; tier-4 Falconry for No Mercy, bird attacks, etc.; rest into Stalwart D. for defensive stance etc.

    EDIT: first stab at what I was thinking about.
    Code:
    PDK Silvanus Falconer
    14/6 Cleric/Fighter
    True Neutral Purple Dragon Knight
    
    
    
    
    Level Order
    
    
    1. Fighter         6. Cleric         11. Fighter        16. Cleric
    2. Cleric          7. Cleric         12. Fighter        17. Cleric
    3. Cleric          8. Cleric         13. Fighter        18. Cleric
    4. Cleric          9. Cleric         14. Fighter        19. Cleric
    5. Cleric         10. Cleric         15. Fighter        20. Cleric
    
    
    
    
    Stats
                   36pt     Tome     Level Up
                   ----     ----     --------
    Strength        13       +4       4: WIS
    Dexterity       10       +3       8: WIS
    Constitution    17       +3      12: WIS
    Intelligence     8       +4      16: WIS
    Wisdom          18       +3      20: WIS
    Charisma         8       +3      24: WIS
                                     28: WIS
    
    
    Feats
    
    
     1        : Power Attack
     1 PDK    : Cleave
     1 Fighter: Weapon Focus: Bludgeoning
     3        : Two Handed Fighting
     6        : Great Cleave
     9        : Improved Two Handed Fighting
    11 Fighter: Improved Critical: Bludgeoning
    12        : Quicken Spell
    13 Fighter: Weapon Specialization: Bludgeoning
    15        : Precision
    15 Fighter: Greater Two Handed Fighting
    18        : Spell Focus: Evocation
    21 Epic   : Overwhelming Critical
    24 Epic   : Burst of Glacial Wrath
    26 Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting
    27 Epic   : Epic Damage Reduction
    28 Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    29 Destiny: Dire Charge
    30 Epic   : Empower Healing Spell
    30 Legend : Scion of: Arborea OR Plane of Air
    
    
     3 Cleric : Animal Domain
    
    
     2 Deity  : Follower of: Silvanus
     7 Deity  : Blessing of Silvanus
    
    
    
    
    Enhancements (80 AP)
    
    
    Kensei (33 AP)
    
    • Kensei Focus: Picks and Hammers, Spiritual Bond, Strike with No Thought
      1. Extra Action Boost III, Weapon Group Specialization, Haste Boost III
      2. Weapon Group Specialization, Ascetic Training: Conditioning III
      3. Critical Mastery III, Weapon Group Specialization, Shattering Strike I
      4. Opportunity Attack, Liquid Courage, Strike at the Heart
      5. One with the Blade, Deadly Strike, Keen Edge
    Falconry (31 AP)
    • Falcon, Wisdom, Well Rounded, Wisdom, Well Rounded II
      1. Hunter's Knowledge, Out in Nature III
      2. Killer Instinct I, Diving Strike III, Sprint Boost I
      3. Killer Instinct II, Strike for the Eyes: Strike II, Conditioning
      4. Deadly Instinct III, No Mercy III, Coordinated Strike, Expose Weakness
    Stalwart Defender (13 AP)
    • Toughness, Stalwart Defense
      1. Item Defense I, Durable Defense III
      2. Resilient Defense III, Instinctive Defense I
      3. Tenacious Defense III
    Purple Dragon Knight (3 AP)
    • Damage Boost
      1. Improved Recovery
    Destiny (24 AP) Legendary Dreadnought
    1. Legendary Tactics III, Extra Action Boost III
    2. Momentum Swing III, Imp. Power Attack, Damage Boost III
    3. Lay Waste
    4. (none)
    5. Advancing Blows, Devastating Critical
    6. Master's Blitz, Pulverizer
    Twists of Fate (35 fate points)
    1. Sense Weakness (Tier 4 Fury)
    2. Grim Precision (Tier 3 Shadowdancer)
    3. School Specialist: Evocation (Tier 2 Magister)
    4. Rejuvenation Cocoon (Tier 1 Primal)
    5. Brace for Impact (Tier 1 Sentinel)
    You wanted Soundburst, Tilomere? Well, here it is again...

    EDIT: this build would also work with Earth domain instead if you'd rather have Earthquake SLA instead of Feral Charge. Though you also lose 15% Fortification bypass from lvl 9 Animal domain feat so expect melee DPS to take a hit.

  10. #3710
    Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    18,176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ccd1977 View Post
    Where would you fit in completionist Unbongwah?
    Probably by dropping Empower Heal or Epic DR - whichever you think is less important.
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

  11. #3711
    Community Member Lokeal_The_Flame's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kordamye
    Posts
    929

    Default Charming Specialist Inspired By Venus Song

    Okay, below this section are the lyrics..... this build is one my wife wants to play so multiclassing woulod be okay I suppose.

    She needs to have a constant fire shield

    She needs to be relatively dark skinned

    She needs to have extremely high social skills

    Her main means of attacking needs to be through charmed minions.

    Ideally she'd be equipped with a dagger that allows her to summon a Succubus (legendary greensteel)

    __________________________________________________ _________________________

    [Intro: Shocking Blue]
    A godness on a mountain top
    Was burning like a silver flame
    The summit of beauty and love
    And Venus was her name

    She's got it
    Yeah, baby, she's got it
    Well, I'm your Venus
    I'm your fire, at your desire
    Well, I'm your Venus
    I'm your fire, at your desire

    [Bridge: Shocking Blue]
    Her weapons were her crystal eyes
    Making every man mad
    Black as the dark night she was
    Got what no-one else had
    WoW!

    She's got it
    Yeah, baby, she's got it
    Well, I'm your Venus
    I'm your fire, at your desire
    Well, I'm your Venus
    I'm your fire, at your desire

    Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah!
    Ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah!

    She's got it
    Yeah, baby, she's got it
    Well, I'm your Venus
    I'm your fire, at your desire
    Well, I'm your Venus
    I'm your fire, at your desire

  12. #3712
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    1

    Default Pally build for 16th heroic life

    Hey, am looking for a possible build for a Pally life. Was thinking Dwarf Hammer/Pike & Board. Toon is Epic Completionist, has +6 Supreme Tome and access to Falconry if needed.
    Past lives inc: 3xBard; 2xSorc & 1 each of FvS, Cleric, Fighter, Rogue, Druid, Barb, Ranger, Monk, Warlock , Wiz. 3 Iconic PL's BF, PDK & Deep Gnome once each.
    Am Open to other suggestions, and am not married to my original concept but I have never run a heavy armour/shield build before. I am not a great fan of Melee Classes but they need doing!! Mainly run Solo or Duo, so survivability /DPS mix important.

    Thanks In Advance

  13. #3713
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default Eldritch Knight/Pale master build

    Hi, I used to play this game a long time ago, and a lot has changed. I never really got very far and right now I am playing with a few friends. I want to be a wizard and I really like the idea of being an eldritch knight. The pale master also seems really cool, is there any easy way to incorporate the two? Also, I don't really know what spells are good.

  14. #3714
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberepic View Post
    ... I want to be a wizard and I really like the idea of being an eldritch knight. The pale master also seems really cool, is there any easy way to incorporate the two? ...
    Hrmm... the Eldritch Knight tree is one of the weaker trees currently. It's doable (altho' more as a flavor build), but, generally speaking, not something that's strongly recommended.

    Would a weapon-using Pale Master, but one that doesn't rely heavily on the EK tree, be acceptable? Also, how heavily would you be willing to dip out of Wizard to achieve this mix?


    Without editing good/bad/indifferent/outdated, here are some links I've saved - HOWEVER, some are older, and some are simply inferior - others can tell you better which are still viable, and/or are salvageable w/ some updates.

    o Gish https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5850691
    & x3+ https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6052392
    & https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5850691
    & https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5935962
    & https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5908841
    o 1st Life GISH https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5829445
    o Gishes https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6021260
    & https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post6061730

  15. #3715
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    2

    Default

    I would be fine using more of a weapon pale master with just a couple enhancements from eldritch knight since it isn't very good. I would be fine dipping out of wizard as long as it will still work well. I was also thinking of doing drow as the race, the extra intelligence should be good right? I like the idea of the wraith blade, what are the main differences between having 2 levels of rogue vs 2 levels of monk? I would also definitely like to get at least some splash of wizard in the first 4 levels or so rather than do something like six levels of fighter then 14 levels of wizard.
    Last edited by Uberepic; 09-18-2018 at 05:15 PM.

  16. #3716
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    I've never run a Gish (in DDO - D&D is a separate discussion ), so was hoping someone would either chime in w/ the Voice of Experience, or use those links to suggest a definitively modern build.

    However, I do know the simple theory - and this is a key part:

    When deciding how to go, remember that the deeper you splash from pure Wizard, the more your offensive DC's will suffer. So while Wiz 18 can make DC-dependent spells work (usually, ahem), Wiz 12 builds/etc. are relying far more on buffs (and possibly SLA's, which are usually char-level based) rather than blastem spells. Web is a waste of time if everyone walks right thru it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Uberepic View Post
    I would be fine using more of a weapon pale master with just a couple enhancements from eldritch knight since it isn't very good.
    There are some low-hanging EK choices that are nice - it's just that chasing the tree to Tier 5 (or even 4) is AP that could be better spent elsewhere.

    I was also thinking of doing drow as the race, the extra intelligence should be good right?
    Drow for +1 DC and access to cheap/additional* Armor ASF reduction, Human for +1 Feat and 2 AP HAMP enhancement. Dealer's choice.

    (* EK has some too.)

    I like the idea of the wraith blade, what are the main differences between having 2 levels of rogue vs 2 levels of monk?
    Rogue = Trapping, Monk = +2 ("Martial Arts") Feats. Both = +Evasion.

    o http://ddowiki.com/page/Martial_arts_feats

    Also, Monk is not F2P, which is a dealbreaker for many.

    I would also definitely like to get at least some splash of wizard in the first 4 levels or so rather than do something like six levels of fighter then 14 levels of wizard.
    Those are either 1) optimized for Level 20, or 2) a quick-and-dirty (read "lazy") spread of the classes. (Usually speading diff classes out helps Skills, but since the only thing Fighter can contribute is Jump - which you only need a few ranks in - or Intimidate or Swim - which, yeah - I don't think that matters here.)

    The only reason to force-feed early Fighter is 1) to make BAB for a certain martial Feat, or 2) to grab higher-Tier Fighter enhancements asap. Without grinding the build level by level (read "lazy"), I'd think that grabbing some Wizard early shouldn't hurt, and things like Jump/Shield could help a lot.


    Use a character planner to confirm that all the Feats still work, and you should be good to go:

    o https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post5534437

  17. #3717
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,852

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    suggest a definitively modern build.
    Wizard gets 4 sources of AoE helpless to synergy with melee damage. Mass hold, color spray, burst of glacial wrath, and dire charge. In a modern build, only color spray arrives early enough to build around, and only dire charge has DCs high enough for all legendary content. Since color spray is only available by gnome racial SLA but is good enough until epics, modern builds entirely dump wizard.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 09-19-2018 at 07:45 PM.

  18. #3718
    Community Member C-Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Lacalifusa
    Posts
    2,742

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    Wizard gets 4 sources of AoE helpless to synergy with melee damage...
    ...modern builds entirely dump wizard.
    Is this a roundabout way of saying that (in your opinion) the build won't work? That modern wizard gish builds dump wizard?

  19. #3719
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default "Tanktificer"

    Hi,

    I was thinking about building Artificer using Renegade Mastermaker enhancements. The idea for this character is to be tanky, supportive, stunning unbreakable wall.

    Since I do not have warforged race I was thinking about dwarf. Requirements for the build:

    -Dwarven waraxe profiniency (I am not sure if I need a feat for that)
    -Heavy armor user
    -Int to damage (12 points in Harper tree - I guess that's reasonable)

    I am not sure about feat choices (maybe single weapon fighting line? precision or power attack? dragonmark?) or enhancements worth taking from other trees. Maybe we can squeeze 20 points in dwarf for dwarf fortress and dwarven tactics?

    My character has 6 past lives, all ability tomes +2.

    Thanks for ideas!
    Last edited by Hasacz; 09-24-2018 at 03:57 AM.

Page 186 of 186 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload