Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191
Results 3,801 to 3,808 of 3808
    Community Member

Default Rapid fire crossbow wielding build

I aim make a ftp character focused on crossbow rapidfire, and hope for your assistance with the build
    Thank you !

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nezeru View Post
    I aim make a ftp character focused on crossbow rapidfire, and hope for your assistance with the build
    Thank you !
    Your options for a solid, completely f2p crossbow user are fairly limited. The new Inquisitive universal enhancement tree isn't free (or unlockable yet), so that means you'll need to be a rogue and use Great Crossbows. 6 Rogue levels are absolutely necessary for Int to damage and T5 mechanic. From there, you've got a few options, depending on what you're looking to do

For maximum damage, put 18-20 levels in Rogue and build Int galore. This gives you +2 critical multiplier with great crossbows, a ton of sneak attack dice, and some shiny special abilities. If you don't like carting around a hireling, go Halfling and get a Dragonmark of Healing, or bump up your UMD for scrolls between fights. The last two levels are semi-flexible: 2 Rogue gets you a decent capstone and more damage, 1 Fighter / 1 Barbarian gets you a feat and better runspeed. I'm sure there are a few other good pairings, but those two spring to mind

Race: Halfling if you want the healing dragonmark (take at 9, hold off on Precise Shot until 15, drop Precision), Human if you want a bonus feat (Insightful Reflexes is solid), Drow if you have it and only have a 28-point build

Feats: Point-Blank Shot (1), Rapid Shot (3), Rapid Reload (6), Precise Shot (9), Improved Crit: Ranged (12), Precision (15), Improved Precise Shot (18)

Rogue Special Abilities: Improved Evasion (10), Slippery Mind (13), Opportunist (16), Crippling Strike or Defensive Roll at 19 if you go pure Rogue
    Last edited by Discpsycho; 04-16-2019 at 04:16 PM.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    Hi. I don't know if this thread is active, but figured give it a shot. I'm a returning player with little to nothing far as any of the more advanced options. I like Dragonborns, and well... kinda like monks, but hate the weapon choices. It's probably why I'm looking to request this odd ball build that no one else seems willing to give it a go?

I'm currently thinking red dragon ancestry might be the go to for it, but I'm on the ropes and wanted to see what some experienced builders could do with it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryukendo View Post
    Ok. Now, here's one problem as well I'm noticing. If I don't want a monk or cleric weapon, as I stated before, there's no real deity feats to align with this at all.

That's my one problem I've noticed from checking this out. Cleric, Favored Soul, etc. is fun. However, I think I'm looking for something with great sword or great axe in the long run here. It leaves those two out if I want to use feats for them.
    Well, since you're Dragonborn you can't run Silvanus mauls, which is my first recommendation for 2H melee.

For a centered greatsword/greataxe really you need One with the Blade, available at level 12 with 5+ Fighter levels. You want Monk stuff, which from my experience with a Fighter/Monk largely boils down to healing punch or Fists of Iron.

So AP expectations:
    34 Kensei (35 if Fighter 8+) - T5, make sure you take T2 Contemplation
    11 Ninja Spy - Core 3
    8 Shintao - Iron Skin, Elemental Curative
    6 Stalwart Defender - 25 PRR/MRR
    3 Henshin Mystic - Way of the Crane; can do 8 and swap a QStaff for Quick Strike's 25% Doublestrike

Leaves you with 16 AP, and 8 levels spare. 12+ in Falconry for Wis-to-stat, and FvS 1 & 4 AP gets you Divine Will so that works out nicely with a 12/6/2 Monk/Fighter/FvS (for Abundant Step, 10% runspeed, and Improved Evasion) or 12/7/1 Fighter/Monk/FvS (for Power Surge & better Tactics).

Fighter feats + Monk feats = tons of feats. I'd take PA>Cleave>GCleave, IC:Slashing, THF x3, Fighter Tactical feats, Dodge line, Stunning Blow, and then spend the rest on Weapon Focus/Spec (and more of them for MP). Might grab Empowered Healing and/or Quickened Spell if you plan on twisting Cocoon in epics.

Pretty decent survivability, 25% Incorporeality with Stalwart + Iron Skin, full Dodge, and a bit of tactics?

-----

The problem with this build is that it really takes off later on. You need Fighter 5+ by level 12, and really want FvS 1 early so you can use Divine Will as a stopgap until you can afford Falconry (otherwise it's going to suck trying to melee with 10 Strength lol). And you want to get your Monk 1-6 early on to not waste the bonus feats.

Monk 1 is the best starting (for skill points) but I'd probably recommend getting Fighter first, just to use 2H weapons. I'd probably do: Fighter 1>FvS 1>Monk 1-6>Fighter 2-6 and then fill out whatever's left. If you have a lot of saved XP stones you could skip the early level of Fighter.

I'd probably run either Qstaff or uncentered to 12, TBH. Get a 2H beater and cleave away. At 12 you'll spike a lot, and it's all downhill from there.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member SpartanKiller13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jfgddo View Post
    I have been searching for a 12 monk/ 6 ranger/ 2 rogue build and seem to be coming up short. I would like elf, twf (for handwraps and possible longswords ), trap skills, self sufficient/heals, archer and melee dps,. PL-barb, cleric, druid, fighter, ranger, wizard. I have +7 supreme tome and also have skill tomes( I believe they are all maxed out).

I don't know if it will matter but a 13 monk/ 6 ranger/ 1 rogue build or a 12 monk/ 7 ranger/ 1 rogue build would also work if it is possible. I think 1 rog level works good but I'm not totally sure about that. I never have played a monk before so that's why I asked for this type of build. Looked like it was fun back in the day but with updates , I was told its not as viable now. I just wanted to say TY in advance for the help on this. If you need more information I will try to get it to you ASAP!
    I can't help directly because I'm not a Monk or a ranged player, but here's a good thread. Here's one from the other forums, but it's a bit of a cesspool further down so I'd stick with the top few comments.

I will recommend focusing on ranged or TWF, it's a lot easier than doing both. TWF rangers basically require 40ish AP into Tempest (and the T5) while Monkchers benefit immensely from AA or DWS T5.

Thank you !
    The problem you're facing is that the two best crossbow abilities (Endliess Fusillade from Artificer's Battle Engineer, and No Holds Barred from Inquisitor Universal Tree) are both P2P (although you can unlock Artificer with 150 House C favor, that basically requires Secrets of the Artificers pack).

Current meta is 10/6/4 Rogue/Fighter/Arti GXBow or 18/1/1 Rogue/x/x, with both using GXBows during their boost ability but the second build swapping to Inquisitor's 2xBows for the rest of the time.

Without either, I agree with Discpsycho: "For maximum damage, put 18-20 levels in Rogue and build Int galore."

I'd probably do 18/2 Rogue/Bard, using Swashbuckler's Doubleshot boost. Otherwise there's really nothing to it. Plus side with this build is if you end up getting Sharn/Inquisitor sometime later you could respec easily to the Critzilla linked above.
    -Khysiria of Cannith
    Quote Originally Posted by zehnvhex View Post
    Warlock is basically a ghetto Shiradi Sorc. You gives up some of the damage and self sustain for the ability to just hold down left click and yolo blast your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    It's DDO. There are probably 6 different types of Evil damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    I'd probably do 18/2 Rogue/Bard, using Swashbuckler's Doubleshot boost
    This also gives you Expeditious Retreat, which is a larger runspeed boost than Barbarian offers, and Sonic Blast for breaking boxes. If you go human you could also pick up Extend for a 10 minute duration

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanKiller13 View Post
    Well, since you're Dragonborn you can't run Silvanus mauls, which is my first recommendation for 2H melee.

For a centered greatsword/greataxe really you need One with the Blade, available at level 12 with 5+ Fighter levels. You want Monk stuff, which from my experience with a Fighter/Monk largely boils down to healing punch or Fists of Iron.

So AP expectations:
    34 Kensei (35 if Fighter 8+) - T5, make sure you take T2 Contemplation
    11 Ninja Spy - Core 3
    8 Shintao - Iron Skin, Elemental Curative
    6 Stalwart Defender - 25 PRR/MRR
    3 Henshin Mystic - Way of the Crane; can do 8 and swap a QStaff for Quick Strike's 25% Doublestrike

Leaves you with 16 AP, and 8 levels spare. 12+ in Falconry for Wis-to-stat, and FvS 1 & 4 AP gets you Divine Will so that works out nicely with a 12/6/2 Monk/Fighter/FvS (for Abundant Step, 10% runspeed, and Improved Evasion) or 12/7/1 Fighter/Monk/FvS (for Power Surge & better Tactics).

Fighter feats + Monk feats = tons of feats. I'd take PA>Cleave>GCleave, IC:Slashing, THF x3, Fighter Tactical feats, Dodge line, Stunning Blow, and then spend the rest on Weapon Focus/Spec (and more of them for MP). Might grab Empowered Healing and/or Quickened Spell if you plan on twisting Cocoon in epics.

Pretty decent survivability, 25% Incorporeality with Stalwart + Iron Skin, full Dodge, and a bit of tactics?

-----

The problem with this build is that it really takes off later on. You need Fighter 5+ by level 12, and really want FvS 1 early so you can use Divine Will as a stopgap until you can afford Falconry (otherwise it's going to suck trying to melee with 10 Strength lol). And you want to get your Monk 1-6 early on to not waste the bonus feats.

Monk 1 is the best starting (for skill points) but I'd probably recommend getting Fighter first, just to use 2H weapons. I'd probably do: Fighter 1>FvS 1>Monk 1-6>Fighter 2-6 and then fill out whatever's left. If you have a lot of saved XP stones you could skip the early level of Fighter.

I'd probably run either Qstaff or uncentered to 12, TBH. Get a 2H beater and cleave away. At 12 you'll spike a lot, and it's all downhill from there.
    Cool! Someone after my own heart there. I'm still working out what I'm doing overall. I would think the Dragonborn Racial might come into play in order to help out Stalwart Defender? I'll admit the draw of doing a Monk is probably some sort of healing/martial artist bit on my end.

Thus far, I've been using a Rogue 2/Fighter 1 (still playing at it) build with the Rogue bits tossed into Racial since I didn't see anything attractive there. Gave me the Breath Weapon pretty well.

Far as two handed weapons, I'm thinking greatsword might be where I'm headed. Axe looks cool, but seems to just say "uncivilized fighter" type to me. Likewise with the maul. Greatsword I'm hoping to find some slimmer, less extravagant blades running around.

In any case, thank you. Nice to see someone's getting me on the forums. I like the ideas and will see what I can do there. I'll admit to being pretty new and not having anything but monk and dragonborn unlocked (I paid real money for both) so not going to be seeing me in favored soul for a while. So far I like the rogue aspect. Really filled out my skills I wanted and then some.

Community Member

Default Seeking Renegade Mastermaker group healer

My group is trying it's first TR go around. I'll be a shintao monk, tanking, another is a GOO warlock in ES, and the third wants to be an artificer, and was willing to see if he could primary heal from that. But none of us are adept enough to whomp up a solid build from whole cloth, and there isn't much out there yet on making the Mastermaker spec work. Would anyone have a build capable of handling R2-3 during heroics and EE once we get that far? His priorities are 1) solid healer, 2) likes to do runearm/crossbow, 3) survivable.

I'll be interested to see what those who have played with the tree can advise.

Thank you!

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

If you're F2P, then rogue Mechanic is your best option. There's a few builds to choose from:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...or-New-Players
    https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...arper-Mechanic <- can be "downgraded" for a first life
    Major build threads: Axesinger / Dwarven Defender / Drow Ninja / Drow Paladin / Elven Ranger / Monkcher / Sacred Vanguard / Cleric Domains / Kundarak Brigade / Iconic Builds
    My Build Index: a Motley Menagerie of Original Rapscallions, Pugilists, and Gimps!

Page 191 of 191 FirstFirst ... 91141181187188189190191