Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 2823
  1. #41
    Community Member spifflove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Findecano View Post
    I have two builds for you to work up for me please. I play in a perma-death guild that doesn't allow the buying of scrolls, wands, potions, or anything from the auction house. So please disgard any assumptions of what is available to me. Keeping that in mind, it is okay to use Dragon Marks on my characters if it helps meet the goal.

    * Both must be 28pt builds
    * Neither can be Drow

    Battlemage

    * Since I will be a front line fighter/caster, I must be able to take damage.
    * I want to use a Bastard Sword
    * I want to be able to deal good dmg in melee
    * NO SHIELDS
    * I want to cast AoE/Cone spell dmg, since I typically face multiple enemies
    * I want to be able to use self-buffs that would benefit the above
    * I would prefer to be able to self-heal, but if impossible, don't worry about it. I am okay with being able to heal minor to moderate wounds.
    * The classes you use to accomplish this doesn't matter to me.
    * I don't need to be the best in melee or spell dmg, but I don't want to suck either. Somewhere in-between would be nice.

    Archer

    * Being able to deal massive bow dmg is my main priority
    * Being able to disarm traps and pick locks is very important as well
    * Being good at the skills required to disarm traps and pick locks is next important. (ie. search, spot...)
    * Include anything that would help me accomplish my job easier. (ie. being able to take a hit or live longer etc.)
    * I would like to be able to augment my Archer with self-buffs and heals if able.


    Please remember that I am playing in a perma-death guild with special rules as described above. I can't explain how important that is when creating these builds.

    Thank you so much for your help. Have fun.
    If you want Sigtrent I can take both of these. I'm his guildmate and pretty much have experience with this.

  2. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    If you want Sigtrent I can take both of these. I'm his guildmate and pretty much have experience with this.
    Go for it if you want to I certainly don't mind.

    I'll do them myself when I get there on my list, but you can probably beat me too it. I'll link to them if you like along with whatever I come up with in the list.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

  3. #43
    Community Member kanbeki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    504

    Default Drow Wiz/Rog/Fighter

    Need help rolling up a drow battlemage that relies on self buffs(stoneskin, blur, rage, etc), Has a few damage spells tossed in (wall of fire) some cc( hypno hold maybe), and maybe possibly has decent AC(in a dress or mith cs if drow also get arcane fluidity), avg DPS and a high UMD
    Last edited by kanbeki; 08-21-2007 at 06:48 PM.
    \
    Khyber: Tachikoma - Minniee - Oneesan - Ibuqi - Muddii -Tachee - Oneechan
    The Guardians of Golden Gold, because guarding golden gold is serious business

  4. #44
    Community Member Kolvarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Not Here, Not There, but Somewhere!
    Posts
    130

    Cool Sorcerer with Splash of Ceric?

    I am thinking about a Srocerer with 1 level of cleric to allow the use of cure wands for backup healing, etc. Could also be helpful to use DV's to help in a pinch. What do you think? Do you want to take a stab at it?

    28 point build or Drow

    Looking forward to your ideas, you seem to have a real nack for this.

    Thanks,
    Kolvarg
    Kolvarg Grimwulf - Dwarf, Barbarian - Jester's Court - Khyber - Formerly of Aundair
    Kolthor Stormforge- Dwarf, Ranger - Outcast Defenders - Guild Leader -Kyber
    Kolamic Brandybrook - Halfling, Wizard/Rogue - Danger to Self and Others -Kyber

  5. #45
    Community Member spifflove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    Go for it if you want to I certainly don't mind.

    I'll do them myself when I get there on my list, but you can probably beat me too it. I'll link to them if you like along with whatever I come up with in the list.
    Np here is the archer build:

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=118824

  6. #46
    Community Member spifflove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Findecano View Post
    I have two builds for you to work up for me please. I play in a perma-death guild that doesn't allow the buying of scrolls, wands, potions, or anything from the auction house. So please disgard any assumptions of what is available to me. Keeping that in mind, it is okay to use Dragon Marks on my characters if it helps meet the goal.

    * Both must be 28pt builds
    * Neither can be Drow

    Battlemage

    * Since I will be a front line fighter/caster, I must be able to take damage.
    * I want to use a Bastard Sword
    * I want to be able to deal good dmg in melee
    * NO SHIELDS
    * I want to cast AoE/Cone spell dmg, since I typically face multiple enemies
    * I want to be able to use self-buffs that would benefit the above
    * I would prefer to be able to self-heal, but if impossible, don't worry about it. I am okay with being able to heal minor to moderate wounds.
    * The classes you use to accomplish this doesn't matter to me.
    * I don't need to be the best in melee or spell dmg, but I don't want to suck either. Somewhere in-between would be nice.
    .
    Ok made to order. Most builds of this type opt to go 2 figher and the rest wizard. I chose to repost the longblade sorcerer because it has the essential element of saves that are a killer in permadeath play:

    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=118834

  7. #47
    Community Member WolfSpirit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central New York State
    Posts
    1,441

    Arrow In case you missed it

    I posted this one in your Hammer & Tong build thread because its not much different from that,
    but I'll repost here in case you want to put it in que:

    I like the Hammer & Tong Sig, but I would like you to alter a few things for me if you would.

    First off, I want to see this as a Drow version. And it MUST be viable for all levels!

    Both a Str option, and a Dex/Finesse option.
    (I figure Finesse with PA is still holding its own and I don't need SUPER DPS, just real good.
    So more focus on this w/13-14 str base) That is if the PA bonus works with Finesse.
    All or mostly fighter with maybe some Barbarian & Wand healer type in there if you can get all the feats
    to work Like Fighter/Barbarian/Ranger/Paladin/etc. Whichever gives the best
    TWF skills (including GTWF) with dual Picks & a variant Str based Kopesh/something.
    (Healing ability falls as least important and not missed if not included)
    with all the happy Piercing (or slashing) bonuses/feats and such. Side by side,
    so I can compare and choose...
    Oh! And what if I wanted to go with Kopesh in main hand?
    Whats the best secondary hand weapon,
    and what Feat changes would that include to make that a deadly build?
    If you can squeeze in good self healing, cool, if it takes too much away, then scrap it.
    And all without items, though suggestions after the fact are good.

    And Spifflove, I'd like to see your rendition too please!

    Oh yeah, one more thing...
    I don't want any Bard involved,
    I've played so many of them that I'm a bit tired of it and would love to try
    ANYTHING but!
    (Though if it completely makes or breaks the build, lets see it involved)

    With all my needs/requests/variations, this one is perhaps going to be your biggest challenge.
    Or at least the longest post!

    And if you guys tell me to just roll up a Ranger and take him all the way, I'm going to lose it!
    Last edited by WolfSpirit; 08-31-2007 at 07:35 AM.

    ~
    If we shrank our solar system to the size of a Quarter, and lay it at your feet, the Milky Way galaxy would still be larger than North America. ~NASA Perspective anyone?

  8. #48
    Community Member VonBek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Loafing in slackville
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    I love making builds so I'm offering my services.

    VonBek: 28pt dexy hafling with dragonmarks who can solo or group
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...11#post1307411
    Muris Periculosus lives, on Thelanis. He'll have to solo a bit (due to RL aggro), but I think he'll get social before too long...

    Soooo BTW - has your brain expanded under the build onslaught? Even without Danger Mouse I'm enjoying this challenge you've set for yourself.
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

  9. #49
    Community Member ErgonomicCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    493

    Default

    A viable throwing weapons build?
    I play on Ghall...Gall..Galli...The new Fernia. Lifetaker, Heartbreaker, and Battlemage
    Terrakal: Roguey Stabby guy. Gyness the Stout: I drink to hide my rage. Gyshe: Race: Elf. Class: Elf. Roomsweeper: Boomsticks. Ramparts: Pally Intimitank. Crucible: Hammer and Tongs. And Shafted: Cleric* Archer *Not a cleric.

  10. #50
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    9

    Red face Newest Noob need help :P

    I started playing cuz my husband is a dd, and recently a ddo addict . I tried to ask him how to make a good playable character but i trutly dont undestand a word he says. Ive been reading this forum and trying out builds in the char planner, but its extremly hard for someone new to the dd and ddo system.

    This is my request, pls pls pls
    A female halfling 28 pt. Mostly a fighter with good trapsmith´s abbilities (spot, search, open lock, disable device). Great UMD skill. Uses finess weapon feat.

  11. #51
    Community Member moorewr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    <--here
    Posts
    5,748

    Default

    Hey, that's going to be fun! I like the finesse angle...

    2 rogue/12 fighter - high dex, whatever you can jam into constitution, intelligence, and strength... well, you said great UMD, so 12 Charisma... still need some strength for the damage roll.. hmmm..

    That's a lot to fit in. Nobody agrees with my builds , but how about -
    12 STR, 16 DEX, 14 CON, 12 INT, 10 WIS, 12 CHA?

    I'm not sure about the order you take the classes.I took rogue first on my barbarian/rogue... (say, how come I can sneak when I'm enraged?). It hurts you in combat at 1st level, but I say take rogue first - you get a lot more skill points that way.

    2nd level, take fighter and finesse...

    Quote Originally Posted by Irreversible View Post
    I started playing cuz my husband is a dd, and recently a ddo addict . I tried to ask him how to make a good playable character but i trutly dont undestand a word he says. Ive been reading this forum and trying out builds in the char planner, but its extremly hard for someone new to the dd and ddo system.

    This is my request, pls pls pls
    A female halfling 28 pt. Mostly a fighter with good trapsmith´s abbilities (spot, search, open lock, disable device). Great UMD skill. Uses finess weapon feat.
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

  12. #52

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VonBek View Post
    Soooo BTW - has your brain expanded under the build onslaught? Even without Danger Mouse I'm enjoying this challenge you've set for yourself.
    Heh, well its been more popular than I expected and I'll likely fall behind as I'm gone all weekend. Its been fun, I've learned a bunch and I really like some of these builds a lot. Makes me want more character slots!

    Wierd thing is I can't really get enouhg, I'm alwasy excited to start on the next one...
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

  13. #53
    Community Member Ozoro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Land of Hope and Glory
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sigtrent View Post
    Wierd thing is I can't really get enouhg, I'm alwasy excited to start on the next one...
    so far be it from me to deny you

    Im currently very bored with DDO with only new toons and loot runs to amuse me. Id like to play something diffrent, what that is i dont exactly know and would like some help deciding and making the build to play. I currently have a capped cleric, sorc, barbarian and TWF with a mid lvl tank in the works. I dont like bards or Rangers. So, i would like you to help me decide on a class and a build.

    Thanks for your help and if you need anymore specifics feel free to PM me.
    Ozoro, Serelu, Niras, Iras, Craddosk, Aloz.
    I Do Not Like This Place
    Quote Originally Posted by Galacticus View Post
    with the return of NIRAS to Archmagi I thought it was time for my exit
    Killing DDO one guild at a time

  14. #54
    Community Member Nick_RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Hey string - Firstly nice work on helping others out.

    Secondly if you feel like mashing your brains ALOT take a look at the arcane thug in the sorc forums. Im really having probs with this one. I like to make my own builds but Im having real dificulties with this one. Maybe a fresh perspective will help.

    This is what im going for

    Adamantium Body (may seem silly for effectiveness but I just love the look of the addy WF they look so freakin savage)
    High Ac50+
    Displacement Haste and Stoneskin
    Intimidate
    Good Saves
    Reasonable DPS via khopesh (I have alot of good ones)
    UMD

    Cant quite get the mix to work unless i use severe micromanagement - the gut feeling I have is that il be hitting buttons on my toolbar more often than actually fighting.

    Let me knw if you can see something ive missed.

    Cheers

    Rage
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

  15. #55
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default Should be a fun build

    So, I am wondering your take on a "you can't touch me" build.

    This build would have maximum AC, Saves, and still have some way of contributing damage.

    The main focus of this build would be for PvP viability, with PvE second.

    Race, class, etc is totally up for grabs. The goal here is just REAL high AC, combined with Untouchable Saves for pvp survivability.

    Thanks in advance!

  16. #56
    Community Member moorewr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    <--here
    Posts
    5,748

    Default

    PvE?

    Quote Originally Posted by hugal View Post
    So, I am wondering your take on a "you can't touch me" build.

    This build would have maximum AC, Saves, and still have some way of contributing damage.

    The main focus of this build would be for PvP viability, with PvE second.

    Race, class, etc is totally up for grabs. The goal here is just REAL high AC, combined with Untouchable Saves for pvp survivability.

    Thanks in advance!
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

  17. #57
    Community Member spifflove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    These builds take some effort to make. Showers become longer in the morning as the brain storms. So please if you requested the build post a comment about it wether you liked or disliked it or if it fit or didnt fit what you had in mind.

  18. #58
    Community Member VonBek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Loafing in slackville
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moorewr View Post
    PvE?
    Player versus Enemy, rather than Player versus Player. (Or so I intuit...)
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

  19. #59
    Community Member VonBek's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Loafing in slackville
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    These builds take some effort to make. Showers become longer in the morning as the brain storms. So please if you requested the build post a comment about it wether you liked or disliked it or if it fit or didnt fit what you had in mind.
    I'm giddy to get Danger Mouse dirty. You have NO idea. My wife thinks I should visit the Community Mental Health center at this point....
    So, I hear that one day we may get Familiars...
    ....I want a Velociraptor!

  20. #60
    Community Member moorewr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    <--here
    Posts
    5,748

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VonBek View Post
    Player versus Enemy, rather than Player versus Player. (Or so I intuit...)
    Ha! There's a TLA* for everything.

    *Three Letter Acronym
    <|| “Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate.” ||>
    AEsahaettr | AlfredSartan | Botharel | PeterMurphy | Weesham etc.

Page 3 of 142 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload