Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hvymetal View Post
    Ok Sig I got one for you for when mod 5 hits I will have 2 extra spots and am thinking of making a pair of barbs. Was thinking I'd like a WF Barb/Ftr that uses both 2 handed slashing & 2 handed blunt. Why? I've got a few WF only greatswords laying around from experimenting w/ lord of the blades and also recently pulled a para maul that actually is doing nice dmg on top of paralyzing mobs in my wf ftr/pallys hands right now. Only tomes I have are a +1 INT and a +1 WIS but I may be able to trade those to a guildy for something more usefull. I do have 32 points avaliable and yes I know clerics are going to fear me Also got a fair selection of docents from my previous warforged and only having to get a mod. fort item is kinda sweet. The other slot, well maybe a human barb or maybe something completely different

May I suggest your 2nd Barb be a Halfling TWF Pick wielder?

You would need to trade one of those tomes for a dex tome.

Starting stats str-16 dex-16 con-16 int-8 wis-8 cha-8.

Use the dex tome before 6th level.

All level-ups into Str.

Feats - 1-TWF, 3-Power Atk, 6-ITWF, 9-Imp Crit:Pierce, and 12-GTWF.

With the Barb Crit enhancements, you end up 17-20/x4!

While Raging your damage looks like-

+3 elemental burst heavy picks in both hands

mainhand
    1d6 + 21 + 1d6 (not bad)

crit 17-20 - (1d6 + 21)x4 + 1d6 + 3d10 = minimum-92 avg-118 max-144 with bloodstone add 24 points to each crit!

offhand
    1d6 + 14 + 1d6

crit 17-20 - (1d6 + 14)x4 + 1d6 + 3d10 = minimum-64 avg-90 max-116
    with bloodstone add 24 points to each crit!

Possible 168 point hits with mainhand and 140 point hits with the offhand!!!! This is with only +3 elemental burst heavy picks! Now imagine you are able to locate "of maiming" versions! It is possible, currently to find +5 elemental burst ****** of maiming! These would add an additional 8 + 3d6 damage on a crit!! And the "of maiming" is untyped, so no DR on it.
    Last edited by Geonis; 09-16-2007 at 11:30 PM.
    Hi, I play Generic Fantasy RPG Online, formerly known as DDO.

Hmmmm you may be correct, I like it, time to start collecting picks
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Hvymetal, I would personally go WF barb for the twf pick barb. I have one at lvl 10 and with those wf power attack enhancements i have topped 200 pts of dmg with a +3 burst heavy pick of maiming rr wf hvy pick in my main hand and a +2 burst of maiming heavy pick in my off hand. Once you get to around lvl 9 you should have enough strength to dual wield heavy's most of the time depending on how level appropriate the content is.

Start stats:
    STR 18
    DEX 16
    CON 16
    INT 8
    WIS 6
    CHA 6

Dex tome at lvl 5 or before, all level ups into strength, same feats as that halfling version.
    "Move, and you're dead!"
    "And I say I'm dead, and I move."
    ~Brandon Lee, The Crow

Default Build Request: Bardic Trapbuster

I've never played a bard before, and would like to try one that splashes 1+ rogue level to find/disable traps. I was thinking Drow as INT/CHA/DEX would all be important, but have 32-pt access so not limited there. Balanced on the bard side, want Buff, CC and Heal to all be decent. Mandatory that UMD be high enough for self-buffed easy-raise scroll use, heal scrolls if possible. Was assuming the spellsinger track for that and spell points.

Don't really know what combat makes sense for this, perhaps if Drow finesse with rapier given racial weapon and dex enhancements? Open to suggestions there. Posting this as much for the uncertainty of how much Rogue to splash. INT 16 would allow cross-classing a lot of rogue skills even with just 1 level of rogue at first, but I could see spreading 3 rogue levels by 16th (or up to 4 by 20th) if that best keeps skills maxed.

Would have posted in the Bard forum, but really didn't have a good enough idea to even start, so thought this thread would be better. As such I'm open to anything. The Drow-think was just the first way I could think of to pull it off, but really open to whatever you think creatively meets the objective.

Thanks!

TC

Default best against undead

No limits on class or race.

Basic build can use a couple +1 tomes, one +6 item and other non-raid loot.

"Enhanced" version (if you feel like it) can use anything.

So the question is... what is the best build against the undead? Sorcs do massive fire damage, clerics turn, a big barb with a maul does lots of bludgen, rangers get favored enemy... (does not have to be one of those either.

What do you think?

Default Drow bard/rog/ftr

I was looking for a Bard for the warchanter line - buffs and backup healing - I think splashing a level or two of ftg helps with this. I would also like to be able to hit most of the traps I know I won't be able to hit them all - and I'll need buffs to do more than a few

I have 2 con tomes so I can use 1 and possibly swap the 2nd for another type of tome.

Let me know and thanks
    Jules

Ladies - Mediclady, Elspyth, Warchantress, Bittt, Julez, LilBitt, Bucketoboltz, Skitty, Kerro, Wyntermoon, Kethrey, Kethree, Selany, Gypsie, Cassyopeya, Tinkerbelle, Dyanya, PallasAthene

Cool

Just unlocked Drow!

Looking for a 28 pt rogue/wiz build. Pretty much open to seeing what the options are. Like to both solo and group.

Thinking neutral for UMD flexibility.

THANKS!
    Last edited by Mausi; 09-23-2007 at 01:45 AM.
    House Paladin
    ~ Honour - Valor - Philanthropy ~
    GuildMaster, Administrator and general dogsbody.
    mausi@housepaladin.org
    Characters: Mausi, House, Hel

Default request for a build

Alright I have unlocked 32point builds and I really want to do a dual wielding Kukri build that is a non-Drow, non Dwarf dps build with the ability to heal its self if possible(I am thinking at least 2 ranger levels for the free feat and the healing). I really want to go with the highest DPS possible assuming criticals and such as well. A decent ac would be nice as well as decent saves but really want the dps. You can assume that +1 tomes are possible at around level 5 or 6(since I don't like using tomes until I know I like the character) and +6 items in one or two keys stats. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
    "Ultimatly DDO is the super blockbuster movie of the summer and PnP is the book it is loosly based off" - Suppoko

request:

32 pt

solo build

at least 6 levels of bard with the virbroso enhancement

Any race.

Multi classing ok
    Last edited by RemoJr; 09-23-2007 at 12:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Lawrence View Post
    Remember to have your kobolds spayed or neutered.

I have a request.
    Still new to game so not sure if it can be done or is even worth doing but here we go.
    I want to make a toon in the same vein as the Shaman in EQ. I want to be able to heal good enough to keep a group alive but it doesn't have to be uber healing powers.
    What I do want is as many buffs as possible, haste, hp buffs, str buffs, what ever I want to be a Buffing god.
    I would also like to be able to debuff mobs, and maybe have a little summoned creature as a pet.
    I was thinking of mixing some cleric/bard/sorc. But really have no idea as to how much of each or even if I need the bard in there.
    So remeber healing/buffing/debuffing.
    thank you. that is all.
    So, till Sony buys Turbine make mine DDO.
    When you're pushed killing is as easy as breathing, unless your underwater then neither is really that easy.

Default My request for a build

Hey Sigtrent,

When you have the time I would like to request a build for myself. I would like a rogue. 32 pt build. mainly dex, high tumble, dual weilding kukri's, as well as a very, very proficient trapsmith. As I want to be able to solo "Xorian Cipher", at least up to the doors and when not soloing Xorian, if possible be able to disarm even "cabal of one" up to elite if possible. Probably would need to go pure rogue, to be able to do this but if possible to toss in a few levels of fighter that would be good too.

No tomes, gear only as nessecary to complete the build. The race I would say to be up to yourself as to best utilize the request.

Thanks for the time for this, I wanted a nice project to build when I unlock my 32 point builds.

Default I need a front line toon!

I have been playing casters and rangers since the game started and now I want to try a front line DPS tank of some kind.

All I require is:

32pt build
    non-dwarf (human or Drow preferred)
    decent evasion
    good DPS
    better than average AC

I'm open to sword/shield or TWF and don't care if I can cast or not. I just want to fight w/o getting it handed to me due to low AC. It might be nice to be able to solo some things for loot when i'm playing at 5am too. Maybe toss some rogue in there?

I have every +1 tome except WIS
    I have Mith FP to play with too
    I have a pile of longswords including a Vorp i'd like to use

Cheers!

Fitz Monkey
    Last edited by Fitz Monkey; 09-24-2007 at 05:36 AM.

Oooo big surge of requests this weekend.

Thanks for the requests and kind words, I'll try to get them all out pretty soon but the ones now at the end of the list will take a while to get to.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Default WarChanter

About the request I made - I decided to drop the rogue part and the reason for having the fighter splash is to make it easier to get the warchanter. Looking for feedback or suggestions on how to set it up with 1 or 2 levels of ftg. I have 32 pt builds unlocked and after the update will have an open slot for it too. I think with the bonuses you get with drow, the numbers work out better. Below is what I did build - she's playing ok - but not sure if I'm happy with how I've set up my feats, skill points etc. The tomes are not really tomes - just basic equip she'll have.

Thanks for the help,
    Jules

Code:
    Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.70
    DDO Character Planner Home Page

WarChantress 
    Level 14 Neutral Good Drow Female
    (14 Bard) 
    Hit Points: 132
    Spell Points: 726 
    BAB: 10\10\15\20
    Fortitude: 6
    Reflex: 10
    Will: 8

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Stats          Modified Stats
    Abilities        (Level 1)             (Level 14)
    Strength             14                    14
    Dexterity            12                    12
    Constitution         12                    14
    Intelligence         14                    15
    Wisdom                8                     8
    Charisma             18                    24

Tomes Used
    +2 Tome of Constitution used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 2
    +1 Tome of Charisma used at level 2

Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                     Base Skills         Modified Skills
    Skills           (Level 1)            (Level 14)
    Balance               3                     8
    Bluff                 4                     7
    Concentration         5                    20
    Diplomacy             6                    14
    Disable Device        n/a                   n/a
    Haggle                8                    25
    Heal                 -1                     1
    Hide                  5                    18
    Intimidate            4                     7
    Jump                  4                     9
    Listen                1                     7
    Move Silently         5                    18
    Open Lock             n/a                   n/a
    Perform               8                    25
    Repair                2                     2
    Search                2                     4
    Spot                 -1                     1
    Swim                  2                     5
    Tumble                n/a                   n/a
    Use Magic Device      8                    24

Level 1 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery I

Level 2 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
    Enhancement: Bard Perform I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery I

Level 3 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
    Enhancement: Improved Drow Spell Resistence I

Level 4 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song II
    Enhancement: Elven Arcane Fluidity I

Level 5 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery II

Level 6 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
    Enhancement: Warchanter I
    Enhancement: Bard Haggle I
    Enhancement: Bard Lyric of Song I

Level 7 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song III
    Enhancement: Bard Concentration I

Level 8 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II

Level 9 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
    Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II

Level 10 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Extra Song IV

Level 11 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song III
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Heightening I

Level 12 (Bard)
    Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
    Enhancement: Bard Charisma II

Level 13 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Mastery II
    Enhancement: Bard Wand Heightening II

Level 14 (Bard)
    Enhancement: Bard Spell Penetration I
    Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II

Ladies - Mediclady, Elspyth, Warchantress, Bittt, Julez, LilBitt, Bucketoboltz, Skitty, Kerro, Wyntermoon, Kethrey, Kethree, Selany, Gypsie, Cassyopeya, Tinkerbelle, Dyanya, PallasAthene

Default Warforged Double Whammy

Hey Sig,

I got a double whammy for ya. I want to make a WF Rouge either pure or mix with good skills and decent fighting ability (I got a Dex Tome to eat for him as well) and I would also like some ideas on a WF wizzy tank all wizzy but with as much DR as possible mithral plating ok, but addy is not so much. That way i can lay down some hate and block and not die and also self heal.

Thanks
    Anxiously awaiting Aakkara

Quote Originally Posted by Aakkara View Post
    Hey Sig,

I got a double whammy for ya. I want to make a WF Rouge either pure or mix with good skills and decent fighting ability (I got a Dex Tome to eat for him as well) and I would also like some ideas on a WF wizzy tank all wizzy but with as much DR as possible mithral plating ok, but addy is not so much. That way i can lay down some hate and block and not die and also self heal.

Thanks
    Anxiously awaiting Aakkara
    well it's not DR, but i have an arcain defender build you may be interestd in. If you want more DR I guess you can drop dodge and combat expertise for the WF DR feats and tatke the nehancements for DR.

http://forums.ddo.com/showpost.php?p...0&postcount=15

Basic idea here is to do mass damage aggroing then put up the CE and sheild for huge AC and decent DR (i think it's Bab/2 + sheild base + 2 + 10 stoneskin= 20, or 26 with feats, enhancements, and adam sheild). Hardest piece of equipment to find would be the docent but i have a +4 arcain sigil docent, so +5 lesser arcain must exist.

Smile Request for a build

Hi Sigtrent,

Having played the game for a few days now I've become addicted to Warforged Characters. I was wondering if you could please design a build for a pure Warforged Sorcerer who focuses primarily on elemental damage and repair spells. It would also be nice if this character could solo.

Many thanks

Raven
    I'm not Undead, I'm vitality challenged!

Hey gang, I want to try something twisted. My caster has a great staff collection that he never uses and I have seen the Shining Crescents drop. So what I have in mind is a WF staff swinging melee / caster blend. Barbarian WF is so over done, but a caster that can knock the socks off anything that gets past the tanks or a DPS fighter that can self buff and heal would both be interesting.

Want to give it a shot?
    Map(insert something here to finish the name)
    Leonius and Eyore (don't ask, it's a guild thing)

XORIAT LIVES !!! At least in game. POW on Thelanis.

Hmmm....

I was sitting around and thinking about one that I would like to see. How about we test your knowledge of Eberron while working on making a competent build.

I want a House Denith Sentinal. Thats all I am going to say because I want to see what you knowledge of Eberron is and I will be "testing" you on the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapa View Post
    Hey gang, I want to try something twisted. My caster has a great staff collection that he never uses and I have seen the Shining Crescents drop. So what I have in mind is a WF staff swinging melee / caster blend. Barbarian WF is so over done, but a caster that can knock the socks off anything that gets past the tanks or a DPS fighter that can self buff and heal would both be interesting.

Want to give it a shot?
    purhapes a little monk when their released. staves are a special monk weapon

Page 6 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast