Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default The "other" Sorak

    HEY!!! You other Sorak out there...we need to talk. Send me a pm or find me in-game on one of my toons.

  2. #2
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default hi

    Dark Sun Ftw 8p

  3. #3
    Community Member lauziv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    82

    Default sorak

    LMFAO! i know the sorak from fernia (irl) and he aint gonna b givin up HIS name. sry pal better start lookin for a new name
    Last edited by lauziv; 08-12-2007 at 01:38 AM.

  4. #4
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default Hey "pal"

    Don't think I will, I'd rather keep the Ghallanda in there or do a PVP for it.

  5. #5
    Community Member Jefro's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada Eh!
    Posts
    769

    Default

    I had a character made few days after beta, and his name, hogarth is taken I had to go change it, and everyone should have gotten the reaver spam of my name change last night
    I love you Abbot♥

  6. #6
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I must have missed it...

    I have tried to change mine and here's what I did
    /changename <new name> then I hit enter.
    Not a damn thing happened. I don't know if it changes the surname or what.
    Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and the right way to do it.
    As for "the other Sorak" my offer to PVP for it still stands. Don't be a wuss. I'll make it fast and painful.

  7. #7
    Community Member The_Cataclysm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    3,739

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMANU View Post
    I must have missed it...

    I have tried to change mine and here's what I did
    /changename <new name> then I hit enter.
    Not a damn thing happened. I don't know if it changes the surname or what.
    Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and the right way to do it.
    As for "the other Sorak" my offer to PVP for it still stands. Don't be a wuss. I'll make it fast and painful.
    The name that you tried to change it to might have been taken already. If you try it again, check to see if their is an error message (so have error and general echoed on a chat tab).

    Also you just type /changename followed by the new name you want without any invalid charaters, right? (no spaces, numbers, etc.)

    Now, as for the other Sorak, if he were to pvp you and lose, are you going to pay for his name change?

  8. #8
    Community Member Vinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    I would laugh he was some tricked out uber-mage who Flesh to stoned you the second you entered the pit.

  9. #9
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I'd be glad to pay him for it; after I kill him. He has a Rogue 13th lvl I believe. I'd be willing to wait till he's lvl 14 too!
    Just give it up man! It'll only hurt your pride when I kill you.

    If not, whatever. I'll keep messin around with the name change thing or just leave it. I really do think PVP is a viable solution to such a problem.
    Step up to the challenge "other Sorak". Be remembered as the one that didn't back down (just a game, after all).

  10. #10
    Community Member Vinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMANU View Post
    I'd be glad to pay him for it; after I kill him. He has a Rogue 13th lvl I believe. I'd be willing to wait till he's lvl 14 too!
    Just give it up man! It'll only hurt your pride when I kill you.

    If not, whatever. I'll keep messin around with the name change thing or just leave it. I really do think PVP is a viable solution to such a problem.
    Step up to the challenge "other Sorak". Be remembered as the one that didn't back down (just a game, after all).
    Nah not really as PvP is inherently unbalanced. You could just kite him with a wounding bow before he even got into melee range. I would also say rogues are the weakest PvP class. Maybe he could appoint a "champion" to fight you.

  11. #11
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default

    PVP is PVP. Having a "champion" fight for him would be as wussy as you tryin to keep comming up with ideas for him.
    I'll melee, no bows I promise. It will matter not.

  12. #12
    Community Member Vinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMANU View Post
    PVP is PVP. Having a "champion" fight for him would be as wussy as you tryin to keep comming up with ideas for him.
    I'll melee, no bows I promise. It will matter not.

    I just find it funny that you think PvP is a fair way to solve this. It would seem you PvP alot and perhaps the other Sorak doesn't even know where to PvP. Kind of like Peyton Manning wanting something that is mine and he wants to have a football throwing contest to see who gets it.
    Last edited by Vinos; 08-21-2007 at 06:50 PM.

  13. #13
    Community Member hannika's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    washington
    Posts
    475

    Default

    ha. have to agree with vinos. you should go about it a different way. like offering him insane amounts of plat.

  14. #14
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default !!

    lol ok i thought this was done with i,m not changing my name. very sorry been here frist week of beta 13rogue/1ftr only play 1 char and his name is sorak . as for offers nothing i need pp i,m maxed and i have raid loots on allmost all slots . i dont pvp i understand i suck at pvp most all rogues do . they need too put out a dark sun online game 8p

  15. #15
    Community Member Vinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sorak THE ROGUE View Post
    lol ok i thought this was done with i,m not changing my name. very sorry been here frist week of beta 13rogue/1ftr only play 1 char and his name is sorak . as for offers nothing i need pp i,m maxed and i have raid loots on allmost all slots . i dont pvp i understand i suck at pvp most all rogues do . they need too put out a dark sun online game 8p
    Looks like thread closed.

  16. #16
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default

    Vinos, you might want to stop assuming you know anything about either one of us. I appreciate you opinion however ignorant it is.
    Sorak, it's not an issue man. Just havin fun with ya o.k? No hard feelings I hope. Turbine finally let me change it anyway( I swear I've done it the way I did tonight the same exact way I did 2 days ago).
    You are right, it would be awesome if this game had some Dark Sun aspects to it. Oh, how I'd love it!!
    Sorak, I hope to meet you some time and talk some Dark Sun stuff with ya. Not many of us out there that know anything about it and like it. You can now find me in-game as Alaron (you know that name...).
    Take care all, on to other things.

  17. #17
    Community Member Vinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HAMANU View Post
    Vinos, you might want to stop assuming you know anything about either one of us. I appreciate you opinion however ignorant it is.
    Sorak, it's not an issue man. Just havin fun with ya o.k? No hard feelings I hope. Turbine finally let me change it anyway( I swear I've done it the way I did tonight the same exact way I did 2 days ago).
    You are right, it would be awesome if this game had some Dark Sun aspects to it. Oh, how I'd love it!!
    Sorak, I hope to meet you some time and talk some Dark Sun stuff with ya. Not many of us out there that know anything about it and like it. You can now find me in-game as Alaron (you know that name...).
    Take care all, on to other things.
    The whole thread was amusing to me. The only assumption I made was that you were good at PvP(as indicated by your desire to PvP for the name). If you're actually not good at PvP then I apologize for assuming you were.

  18. #18
    Community Member HAMANU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota, U.S.A.
    Posts
    119

    Default

    OK Vinos, good luck out there man.

  19. #19
    Community Member Vinos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    2,285

    Default

    Alaron is a cool name though. Suprised it wasn't taken.

  20. #20
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5

    Default

    no hard feelings here either 8) been working alot as to why i have not been on and i would like to hook up in game and talk some dark sun

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload