Community Member

Post Looking for a Necromancer build, Anyone?

I'm new to DDO and interested in playing a necromancer focused caster. Does anyone have a build that they would recomend? Also is a Multi class version the way to go and if so what class combo's. Thanks ahead of time for any input.

Wizard is a very multi-classable character. The most common blend is wizard/rogue. Both use high intelligence.

It used to be that 1 level of rogue follwed by all wizard was good for all traps and you still are a good caster. Now they have made spotting/searching for traps more difficult which makes it tougher on this build. Alot more are going 2 rogue/ 12 wizard now. You loose your 7th level spells, but you gain better trapskills and evasion, which is nice cause the trapbox seems to be on the other side of the death machine more now.

Not sure on the Necromancy focus you are asking about. Are you approaching from a roll play point or looking for anything specific (like finger of death)?
    Tourbillon * Hyper * Headbanger * Speedstick * Arkane

guildless

Quote Originally Posted by Felaen70 View Post
    I'm new to DDO and interested in playing a necromancer focused caster. Does anyone have a build that they would recomend? Also is a Multi class version the way to go and if so what class combo's. Thanks ahead of time for any input.
    I put together a list of damaging necromancer spells and some options as well as strategies ...... you are welcome to peruse it..

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=115773
    Cannon fodder build The Stalwart Defender, Raid Tank
    Worst Shroud PUG EVER!!!!!! Epic Fail (started 1/13/10, necro'd 3/9/10, 4/20/10, raised dead 3/ 9/11, necro'd 4/9/11, 5/28/11, fame petition necro 8/5/11, necro'd 9/30/11, KIA 10/3/11, True reincarnated famed (by cleric Cordovan) 10/4/11,

Community Member

I was looking for FoD and a good mix of Necro spells that will still be useful in the end game. Also for the roleplay aspect and defining the character as well. For the rogue/wizard multi which clas would be taken first?

If you are looking to be able to do the FoD thing, you need atleast 13 levels in wizard. A 13/1 Wiz/Rogue with maximum starting intelligence would be viable. I reccomend starting as a rogue and then leveling wizard because you get the most starting skill points as a rogue. Throwing around FoD is great fun, you just have to make sure you can penetrate spell resistances. If you are going to be using FoD alot, pick up the necromancy focus feat and/or spell penetration feat. Nice thing about wizards is that they get plenty of feats to use. Other nice thing is that you can learn all the arcane spells and prepare the ones you want to use.
    Tourbillon * Hyper * Headbanger * Speedstick * Arkane

guildless