Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge Clan View Post
    Hmmm maybe I'll spec my new Halfling Cleric for triage. If you don't mind PM me with a list of your Feats, Enhancements, and primary healing gear. It would be most appreciated!!!
    Hmm I bet he is using empower. Which I do not have.

I am specced for healing as well and can only hit for 275 or so per heal with max enhancements and superior devotion 6 items, no crits. I am curious as well how he is hitting that high a number. I just worked out the math and it does not seem possible even with a full enhancement line and superior devotion/potencey 6 item.

If he is not using empower I would really like to know how he is doing it so I can up my game.
    Malnon - 16 Cleric; Malnak - 2 Ranger/12 Fighter; Malnom - 6 Monk

Here's my Mo:

Heal - 336/840 crit ((the 381 must have been on someone with human recovery and I just didn't notice- sorry about that))

Str: 14 -10 base +4 item
    Dex: 12 - 9 base +3 item
    Con: 13 - 10 base +3 item
    Int: 18 - 12 base +6 item
    Wis: 30 - 20 base +2 tome +2 feat +6 item
    Char: 17 - 14 base +2 tome +1 item

--------
    Feats:
    Empower Healing
    Enlarge
    Extend
    Extra Turning (12 dvs)
    Improved Mental toughness
    --------
    AP's
    Human Wis 1
    Improved Empower Heal 3
    Concentration 1
    Prayer of Life 2
    Prayer of Critical Life 2
    Wand & Scroll Mastery 3
    Cleric Smiting 1
    Cleric Life Magic 4
    Energy of the Zealot 4
    Cleric Wisdom 1
    Divine Vitality 2
    Extra Turning 2
    ---------
    1295 sp / 186 hp

Items I am wearing: Dragon Helm + 6 wisdom and the Gauntlets of Eternity from Stormreaver which is devotion 6 and sup. healing lore. I need to get a potency item still which should increase the amount I heal also.

She's not an uber build - some things I probably could change around, but I am just too lazy to bother.
    Last edited by Lizzybrat; 08-06-2007 at 04:12 PM.
    Proud to be part of the CureLite Bottling Co. - Thelanis
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands
    ~ Moiyra ~ Jezzy ~ Bonni ~ Nighya ~
    "You make gimp look good!" -Akree

Community Member

lizzy do you need a +4 con item or a +5 dex item? lol
    Legion
    renamedone Wiido Spelunkey Tadpole Weepo Shuh Handolf Wakey

Quote Originally Posted by Weedo View Post
    lizzy do you need a +4 con item or a +5 dex item? lol
    LOL! What? Are you making fun of my +3 dex ring that I've been wearing since lvl 9 and my kundarak warding bracers? :P

I have an uber 41 ac unbuffed too LOL!
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands

Quote Originally Posted by malnon View Post
    Hmm I bet he is using empower. Which I do not have.

I am specced for healing as well and can only hit for 275 or so per heal with max enhancements and superior devotion 6 items, no crits. I am curious as well how he is hitting that high a number. I just worked out the math and it does not seem possible even with a full enhancement line and superior devotion/potencey 6 item.

If he is not using empower I would really like to know how he is doing it so I can up my game.
    My heal hits for 1,097 on a crit, farly regularly. I sent you a PM with explanations, if anyone else is interested, I'll start a new thread.

As for the new home, I do have to admit that I like being able to put together a scale run in a matter of minutes at 4 in the morning.
    Anasthesia: 16 Clr | Qynne: 16 Bbn | Aenea: 5 Sor | Indra: 16 Sor
    Decibel: 16 Bard | Arsynic: 16 Wiz |
    Brawne: 16 Ftr/Pal | Beckett: 16 Rgr
    Nymphalis: 15 Multitasker | Erbal: 16 Clr

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzybrat View Post
    LOL! What? Are you making fun of my +3 dex ring that I've been wearing since lvl 9 and my kundarak warding bracers? :P

I have an uber 41 ac unbuffed too LOL!
    hax i say! HAX!

now if you could just kindly pm me with the program that you are using i'd be more than happy to share with you my super secret brownie recipe.
    Legion
    renamedone Wiido Spelunkey Tadpole Weepo Shuh Handolf Wakey

Quote Originally Posted by Yshkabibble View Post
    Who knows, maybe one day I will even dance...maybe.
    Lets all dance the Thelanis Thriller! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

erm, lets not and say we did

Quote Originally Posted by Theris View Post
    Lets all dance the Thelanis Thriller! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMnk7lh9M3o

That was Epic!

Thelanis
    :
    Axio/Pak/Flavord/Paxi/Axiomus/Efrit/Aximus/Axi/Paximus/Heysoos/DanielAsh/Axioma
    -=[ Archangels ]=-

Lizzy pointed this thread out to me, so thought I'd chip in my 2 cents.

BAH! What's with barb hate lately??? (and not the good kind of hate)
    My main is a cleric - barbs are NOT hard to heal. At lvl 14 my heal does almost 400 pts - over 800 on a crit. It is no harder to heal a barb than anyone else. As a matter of opinion, they are easier because I can let their health bar go down a lot further before having to throw a heal at them which leaves me time to heal the other squishies.

I also run 2 barbs - sheesh! The whole point is to kill the mobs faster than they can dish out damage.

Once again - can't heal stupid.

Barbs are an odd class. They can't solo for ****, they really need a team to shine. In that respect they're similar to rogues. But, even worse, what makes a great 14th level barbarian doesn't always make a good 8th level barbarian.

I have to agree with Lizzy, if your cleric carries the Empower Healing feat, Barbarians are one of the best classes to have in a party.

There have been a couple threads on the cleric boards about empower healing feat and if it is worth it. And a couple threads on the main boards about the value of HP vs. AC. And, after all those threads, in general - a well built barbarian grouped with a good team is pure power. And, short of an endgame intimitank (60+ AC) I would take a barbarian over just about every other melee class.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironforge Clan View Post
    Well Said!!!!

I'll have to compare notes with you on Healing for 400 hit points. Damn that seems high, but then again I'm spec'd as a battle cleric.
    If you're caying Empower Healing feat you should be doing a Heal for the mid 300's and crits in the low 800's, depending on your gear.

My build is probably very similar to Mo's since she rolled hers after Emeril's

Primary Stats:
    STR: 16/Base+4/Item = 20 (Need a +6 and a tome)
    DEX = 9/Base+3/Item = 12
    CON = 9/Base+5/Item = 14
    INT = 8/Base+6/Item = 14
    WIS = 16/Base+3/Level+3/APs+2/Tome+6/Item = 30
    CHR = 14/Base

Secondary Stats:
    HP: 200
    SP: 1201
    Saves: 11/9/16
    AC: 38 before buffs (Need the reaver shield)

Feats:
    Empower Healing
    Mental Toughness
    Improved Mental Toughness
    Extend Spell (May swap out for Spell Pen)
    Improved Critical: Bludgeoning

Enhancements:
    Cleric Wisdom II
    Human Wisdom I
    Improved Empower Healing II
    Prayer of Life III
    Prayer of Incredible Life II
    Life Magic IV
    Energy of the Zealot IV
    Divine Vitality II
    Extra Turning II
    Wand Mastery III
    Thelanis, CureLite Bottling Co:
    Nen (Barb/Ranger, Founder) / Emeril (Cleric, Founder) / Kraxkit (Dex Ranger) /
    Klyde (DPS Barbarian) / Sojourne (Rogue, Trapsmith) / and many others

Quote Originally Posted by Tryp View Post
    My heal hits for 1,097 on a crit, farly regularly. I sent you a PM with explanations, if anyone else is interested, I'll start a new thread.
    I was not to concerned about the crit healing. I was more curious about the base healing. The crit multipliers stack quickly with the enhancement line and then the crown.
    Malnon - 16 Cleric; Malnak - 2 Ranger/12 Fighter; Malnom - 6 Monk

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sojourner View Post
    Barbs are an odd class. They can't solo for ****, they really need a team to shine.
    Bah, lies and slander!

I solo tons of stuff with Shin. The whole DQ prep (everything but the raid, though I'm getting closer and closer), usually end up waiting for people to join me in Pop runs after clearing all but the rooms, most of the Tor, Vons (had to find a +6 int item for 3), really pretty much anything that anyone else can solo a barb can, if you play them with a bit of thought (not common for barbs I know).
    I drink harder than you, ride harder than you and if I have spare time I might just play this game too.
    Shinarel Arashin, Arishna, Tosshin, Castshin, A warforged named 5u3
    Please make "Reading Comprehension" a class skill for all forum posters

Wink

Come now Shin...you're not a Barb...you're an elf with a falchion
    Officer in The Infamous Flaming Vagabonds

Jecon Borrier/Camaron Borrier
    Xantalos Borrier/Andromedia Borrier

Quote Originally Posted by Muirtach View Post
    Bah, lies and slander!

I solo tons of stuff with Shin. The whole DQ prep (everything but the raid, though I'm getting closer and closer), usually end up waiting for people to join me in Pop runs after clearing all but the rooms, most of the Tor, Vons (had to find a +6 int item for 3), really pretty much anything that anyone else can solo a barb can, if you play them with a bit of thought (not common for barbs I know).
    The problem I have when soloing with my barb is one good hold spell and I'm hosed. My saves are just not so fabulous. I also don't care to solo on them because as my only characters that can't self-heal (ie: spells or wands) popping all those csw pots makes me cranky. (which is silly since money in this game just isn't a problem). Now as far as pure damage and being able to clear a room, with you on that. Just think there are better classes made to solo.

Community Member

The problem I have when soloing with my barb is one good hold spell and I'm hosed. My saves are just not so fabulous. I also don't care to solo on them because as my only characters that can't self-heal (ie: spells or wands) popping all those csw pots makes me cranky. (which is silly since money in this game just isn't a problem). Now as far as pure damage and being able to clear a room, with you on that. Just think there are better classes made to solo.
    Yeah Shin started with as much WIS as STR. It's funny to tell puggers that I can handle one whole side of the split in Von 5. I have a huge potion dependency. So bad that I use them instead of wands on most of my characters.
    I drink harder than you, ride harder than you and if I have spare time I might just play this game too.
    Shinarel Arashin, Arishna, Tosshin, Castshin, A warforged named 5u3
    Please make "Reading Comprehension" a class skill for all forum posters

Yeah Shin started with as much WIS as STR. It's funny to tell puggers that I can handle one whole side of the split in Von 5. I have a huge potion dependency. So bad that I use them instead of wands on most of my characters.
    Hello, my name is Moiyra and I am addicted to my heal spells.

Guess thats what I get for playing 2 clerics and a bard. Pots?? Pots?? You mean I have to buy something? Sheesh!

Well I've certainly met a few more people who take PvP way too seriously, but after getting banned for 3 days I don't reply to them, I just smile to myself about it and keep on killin 'em
    Nereid || Seraphimn || Disir || Syllph
    The Infamous Flaming Vagabonds
    Thelanis

Hey Shin, there might be some confusion now, I saw a lowbie named Shinbad rofl
    Nereid || Seraphimn || Disir || Syllph
    The Infamous Flaming Vagabonds
    Thelanis

Here's my question Lizzy, how is her AC in the 40's (you did say 40's right or am I hallucinating again? LOL) I guess it would help if erda wore a dex/str item and didn't dual wield dev. and sup potency 7 items LOL... Although the concept of AC has always eluded me anyway.
    Erda.Siglinde.Tatotot.Foxtot.Lael.Inconsolable
    Officer- Infamous Flaming Vagabonds - Thelanis

Two words, Lizzy: Dragon Boots.

Perm Freedom of Movement is not to be dismissed lightly. Get those Kundark Delving Boots and you'll be happier than you are with whatever it is you're wearing.
    Remember what you heard, when you werent even listening
    G.S.I - House Tharashk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast