Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 192
  1. #41
    Community Member reziel_deadshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    274

    Default relook

    shade not criticizing just noting because i did the same thing in my primitive sniper build (barbarian or ranger forums to see) but barbarian critical rage tier 2 is level 14 barb..i know don't fret i did the same thing in the original build thinking it was 13 instead of 14
    Xenaquin-12f/2rog/2barb Xenoquin-14p/2rog Xenioquin-16barb Xenaqin-rgr/rog Zenaquin-15c/1w Hasheam-16w MrZergy-13p/2f/1s MrsZergy-12f/1c/3rgr Reziela-15r/1m RIP-Reziel 15rgr/1rog

  2. #42
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Yea, like I posted a couple times now the enhancement order isn't 100% right, just take them as they come..

    The order is just generated from an enhancement planner - which has some bugs obviously. The build itself will have no trouble getting all those enhancements listed however as I actually had them all on my character at one point. I do shift them around a little here and there but overall they stay similar to whats posted.

  3. #43
    Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    13,518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    The order is just generated from an enhancement planner - which has some bugs obviously.
    If it's my planner, I'm aware of the bugs, I just need to take the time to get them fixed

  4. #44
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Updated enhancement selection order to be more correct.

    Yea i think it is yours tihocan, despite the bugs I find it to be the best one out there. Just used the order adjustment features to get it right.

    Only bad thing is copy/pasting it to the forums doesn't keep its nice table formatting, so it ends up as a big mess that takes a while to edit to clean up. Would be nice to have a more plain text generation option for forums. Tho again how it works now is still much better then other planners which are a total mess imo.

  5. #45
    Community Member kyebosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    407

    Default

    Shade, I've seen your build on display &... well... as with all classes, a big majority of success is on the playstyle rather than build/gear. You certainly have fine-tuned your playstyle thus your build excels. Take note fellows; if you play this build or similar without taking the time to learn tactics & aggro management you will be a mana sponge & not much else
    May I suggest anyone tempted to try this style (& who really wants to be good) play a rogue to high levels, you'll learn quickly how to manage aggro & still deal good damage. <100HP is a great teacher of situational awareness & mob prioritisation. Just a thought

    Anyway, my reason for posting is to ask if anyone has tried this kind of build or style with a WF? I know there's plenty of WF Barbs out there, but are there any WF Axer's? Shade, have you tried it?
    I'm not for one moment debating which is better, I've not played a barb past 4th. I only ask because I have a Repair focussed Sorc & he's so much fun to play with a good WF barb... I can buff him beyond recognition, repair faster than a cleric can heal, have a bigger SP pool & can still provide good combat spells (glitterdust etc to help out). Lower AC & HP is no fun, but with a good team it is not a prob.

    Thoughts? Experiences? Forhead-slaps?

  6. #46
    Community Member MondoGrunday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    670

    Default

    i think its hilarious that some people have the nerv to call a build their "own" by name even though all players have equal access to the tools to build these. the ego to assume because you POSTED a build on a forum that you were the first to create it?? LOL.
    Shade and Maldini are known for their posts rather than their build. And from what I see of the dps version of the Barb, there really is only one simple way to build a thf barb. sure there will be little tweaks here and there for personal preference which come along with playstyle, but all in all, this build is anything but original. It is a cookie cutter barb with almost no variation to speak of. It is not the only "good original" build either. How can one make such a sweeping generalization and that has no basis on fact what so ever?
    All we have here is an ego that needs constant stroking. I believe I have an original build, but it's not called the Spiritmonger build because its good, its called that because if I post enough about it people will associate it with me.
    What we need is a "playoff" like ren suggested. Everyone bring their barbs to Risia for a Killoff competition with only self buffs and heals. Lets see who really builds the best barbs and how they play them, these forums are just words, lets put them to action.
    I'd love to see the dps and twf's of stormreach face off.
    Who's man (or women ) enough to try it...
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

  7. #47
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    i think its hilarious that some people have the nerv to call a build their "own" by name even though all players have equal access to the tools to build these. the ego to assume because you POSTED a build on a forum that you were the first to create it?? LOL.
    Shade and Maldini are known for their posts rather than their build. And from what I see of the dps version of the Barb, there really is only one simple way to build a thf barb. sure there will be little tweaks here and there for personal preference which come along with playstyle, but all in all, this build is anything but original. It is a cookie cutter barb with almost no variation to speak of. It is not the only "good original" build either. How can one make such a sweeping generalization and that has no basis on fact what so ever?
    All we have here is an ego that needs constant stroking. I believe I have an original build, but it's not called the Spiritmonger build because its good, its called that because if I post enough about it people will associate it with me.
    What we need is a "playoff" like ren suggested. Everyone bring their barbs to Risia for a Killoff competition with only self buffs and heals. Lets see who really builds the best barbs and how they play them, these forums are just words, lets put them to action.
    I'd love to see the dps and twf's of stormreach face off.
    Who's man (or women ) enough to try it...
    I'm in. What quest?
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  8. #48
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    All we have here is an ego that needs constant stroking. I believe I have an original build, but it's not called the Spiritmonger build because its good, its called that because if I post enough about it people will associate it with me.
    Well I think it's hilarious that you can call this post "ego stroking" .. I'd check who the original poster is on this one before you can even think of such a inane idea. This build holds my name simply because that's what the OP called it, so i'm recognized for posting and supporting it for so long, It was requested as it has been many times so I obliged and posted it.. Many will remember that I orignally I actually never put my name on the build and just called it a generic max DPS build.

    I'm sorry I've never seen anyone request the "spirintmonger" build, but thats just too bad. Rest assured your jealously here did not go unnoitced however. It's enough to prove the build is good as well as popular.

    Re: Kyebosh -
    I hardly consider this a bad build or a difficult one to play for new players. I'd agree it is more difficult to play then say a plain dps fighter, and possibly less challenging then a rogue.. However that does not make it bad for new players at all.

    It is a great build for new players because it doesn't require 32 point builds, drow, or any special equipement. With just the most basicly and commonly available gear this build performs fine. Sure it needs lots of healing, most new players do regardless of class/build and it's a group build and works excellent for that as it's designed to be so.

    Making it warforged would unfortunately make is a unpopular build for many pick up groups due to the healing penalty.. It does make a fair difference on a build that reachs over 400hp. However as I've commented before - the same build but warforged in a group with a WF-specilized healer would be quite awesome.

  9. #49
    Community Member MondoGrunday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I'm sorry I've never seen anyone request the "spirintmonger" build, but thats just too bad. Rest assured your jealously here did not go unnoitced however. It's enough to prove the build is good as well as popular.
    I have no wish to be recognized as a character builder. my point is how rediculous it sounds that you claim it is "original" and that its is your build. For you to imply I'm jealous actually backs this statement because in order for me to be jealous I'd have to care that someone has requested your build and not mine. for starters I have not posted my build by request or by my own decision so nobody knows what specs I have. I also don't post how "horrible" other builds are that aren't built like mine. The dps build you claim is yours is great, but far from original. What makes that toon unique is the quality loot items you have. I do not debate that the dps toon is a great build, I just think you claiming it's "your" build to be erroneous.
    Now a batman build that combines classes and is comprised of less often used feats/enhancements to get an unexpected result that is positive, is an original build. And deserved of a name associated with it. But a dwarf barbarian with max str. and con. ....well, way to go out on a limb and try something crazy and "original". Just bring your barb to risia so others can see him in action. My measley 38 raged str. surely would be no match for a 50 str. Barb. What have you got to lose? Ren said he would do it, and I'm sure many others would do if for sh|ts and giggles.
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

  10. #50
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    Just bring your barb to risia so others can see him in action. My measley 38 raged str. surely would be no match for a 50 str. Barb. What have you got to lose? Ren said he would do it, and I'm sure many others would do if for sh|ts and giggles.
    Don't hold your breath. He couldn't even take himself up on his own challenge.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  11. #51
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Updated for module 6.

    And no I will not degrade myself to your level and respond to your childish taunts. I wish they never had that button "view ignored post" ,was a waste of my time to press it.

  12. #52
    Time Bandit Renegade66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Should have thought of that before setting the challenge. Just because I accepted and you ran doesn't make me the bad guy.
    [RENEGADE (Monk) - LEGION - FOUNDER AUG 2005]
    Blutus, Bodak, Diablo, Guilloteen, Jellybean, Mantikor
    Marauder, Renaissance, Rigormortiss, Ungajinga, Valkyrie
    1st ww Tower/Vision/Abbot/Shroud, Epic VoN/Chrono, Reaver Xoriat * 1st capped Permatoon

  13. #53
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Updated build.

  14. #54
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Updated for module 8, with plans for module 9 based on playing on Lammania.

    Quick comments on Frenzied Bersker (this builds planned enhancement):

    New Frenzy ability is awesome. It works simply as a unlimited clickable ability that you can use anytime and it grants +2 strength and the vicious effect to your weapon.
    Duration: 1 Minuit. Cooldown: 30 seconds.
    At 1 minuit it's long enough to get you thru a fighr, but short enough if you want to stop using it, you can without too long a wait. Personally I just set it to a mouse key and used it as often as I could. There's no limit to it, and also no animation so it doesn't interupt your combat flow at all. Unfortunately it doesn't yet have a way to dispell it, but that doesn't bother me as I use it all the time.

    Also it doesn't impose any of the rage penalties, you can still use all potion and clickies while it's active. So you could just use frenzy all the time on a UMD type build and never suffer the loss of your UMD skills.

    Supreme cleave which you get at rank II does not work on Lammania so no opinions on that yet. For now it just gives an ability that works like trip - a single attack. It removes the 10 hp correctly but doesn't actually cleave. There is no cooldown on it at all, you can actaully use it to perform an entire attack chain, albeit a slow one (1 second global cooldown applies)

  15. #55
    Community Member Hanam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    809

    Default

    You should probably make a thread named "Shade's Max THF".
    Revenants

  16. #56
    Community Member Nick_RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    Ren said he would do it, and I'm sure many others would do if for sh|ts and giggles.
    Groan will come along and play even tho the full set of khopeshes i crafted were after the update.

    N
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

  17. #57
    Community Member Nick_RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post

    So you could just use frenzy all the time on a UMD type build and never suffer the loss of your UMD skills.
    Welcome back Shade.

    I often didnt see eye to eye with you on some of the finer points and also on attitudes but the barb forums have been quiet of late so at least that might change.

    As to the above comment I think its a terrible idea. The frenzy without the rage is not something I would build around. Personally i dont like umd on a barb as it is contradictory to dps output. Self buffing and equipping rr items sure, but self healing forget about it. If you have the frenzy up ur worried about dps not utility. Stack it with the rage. Forget the UMD.

    N

    Edit : The wf 2 handed Barbairan will do more dps, but dwarf should net superior saves. HP should be a wash.
    Last edited by nick_robinsonchia; 04-12-2009 at 10:59 AM.
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

  18. #58
    Community Member Hanam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick_robinsonchia View Post
    Welcome back Shade.

    I often didnt see eye to eye with you on some of the finer points and also on attitudes but the barb forums have been quiet of late so at least that might change.

    As to the above comment I think its a terrible idea. The frenzy without the rage is not something I would build around. Personally i dont like umd on a barb as it is contradictory to dps output. Self buffing and equipping rr items sure, but self healing forget about it. If you have the frenzy up ur worried about dps not utility. Stack it with the rage. Forget the UMD.

    N


    Doesn't your bard use madstone boots? I think it's the same thing.
    Revenants

  19. #59
    Community Member Shade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    14,425

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nick_robinsonchia View Post
    The frenzy without the rage is not something I would build around.
    I agree. Never said it was a good idea just noting it's possible for those who may be interested.

    And no, this title the original poster made for this thread is just fine and quite accurate.

    Fighters out DPS'ing barbarians? haha that will be the day, I welcome the challenge in mod9 tho.

  20. #60
    Community Member Nick_RC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,850

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I agree. Never said it was a good idea just noting it's possible for those who may be interested.

    And no, this title the original poster made for this thread is just fine and quite accurate.

    Fighters out DPS'ing barbarians? haha that will be the day, I welcome the challenge in mod9 tho.
    Eh meant wf equivalent barb not fighter - will out dps the dwarf. Typo.
    GROAN-1 (Melee/Casting Horc FVS)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload