Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

+1 on this build. I have been playing it for a little while and I love it.

Community Member

Default How important is the feat order in this build?

Got my dwarf barbarian to 8th while following Shade's build. First 3 feats were THF, PA, and Cleave. The build's remaining feat progression goes something like this:

9th--Improved Crit, Slash
    12th--Improved 2HF
    15th--Greater 2HF (or the other way around)
    18th--Toughness or Stunning Blow (I'll be taking Toughness)

My question is this--is it critically important to get both 2HF feats before taking Toughness? If I'm lucky enough to pull a Carnifex from Delera's, I'd like to take Toughness at 9th. If no Carnifex, I'm thinking Improved Crit at 9th, Toughness at
    12th, and the two 2HF feats at 15th and 18th? Would holding off on these two two-handed feats this long seriously gimp my dwarf?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_G View Post
    Got my dwarf barbarian to 8th while following Shade's build. First 3 feats were THF, PA, and Cleave. The build's remaining feat progression goes something like this:

9th--Improved Crit, Slash
    12th--Improved 2HF
    15th--Greater 2HF (or the other way around)
    18th--Toughness or Stunning Blow (I'll be taking Toughness)

My question is this--is it critically important to get both 2HF feats before taking Toughness? If I'm lucky enough to pull a Carnifex from Delera's, I'd like to take Toughness at 9th. If no Carnifex, I'm thinking Improved Crit at 9th, Toughness at
    12th, and the two 2HF feats at 15th and 18th? Would holding off on these two two-handed feats this long seriously gimp my dwarf?

Thanks, in advance, for your replies!
    I would take the 2HF feats and save Toughness for 18.

I'd take the THF feats because it is fun running into a mob, spamming Cleave, Supreme Cleave, and watch the big numbers fly. And, you won't miss Toughness levelling up, so you can save it until 18.
    Khyber:Greenberry, Jemric, Qashta, Leuk, Thurradal + many others

Smile

Minor update to the builds stats:

Con 16 --> 17
    Wis 10 ---> 8

This is due to the way the games headed with a really lack of devastating will save effects in the endgame, a poor will save isn't nearly as devastating as it used to be. U11 has almost nothing in terms of nasty will save effects that this would help much with.

Especially with the mega reduced durations.. Curse used to be permanent, and unremovable with pots, and its now only a couple minutes, and removable with guild pots.. Or hold monster/command/etc.. All have reduced durations on players and are less devastating.

Plus this build has a very good will save anyways, as a Dwaf with spell defense III, Indomitable will, mighty rage.. Your looking at a very solid 35+ will save geared at the endgame vs most spells anyways, so 35 to 36 wouldn't make much difference, as the main threshhold to save well on most effects is 30ish.

So yea, a bit more hitpoints instead.. Good trade off. If you end up with uneven con, simply modifier your enhancemens to include/disclude a rank of hearty rage or bbn/dwarf con.

Might suffer a few more hold person/monsters at the low lvls.. But eh, sometimes its best to learn the hard way that you need to kill the casters FAST, or ask for a freedom of movement from the friendly clr/fvs/brd.

You know, I often disagree with what and how you tend to communicate/debate on the forums, but that's the chaotic barbarian spirit of yours I guess

It's great to see that you still care for the 28pt builds, include realistic gear options and deviate from the 'H-Orc or gimp' mentality. It actually even sparks some love for barbarians in me, and I'm a diehard Rogue and Monk player. Well earned virtual props here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinco View Post
    It's great to see that you still care for the 28pt builds, include realistic gear options and deviate from the 'H-Orc or gimp' mentality. It actually even sparks some love for barbarians in me, and I'm a diehard Rogue and Monk player. Well earned virtual props here.
    Yea dwarves are still excellent barbs.

Just last night I got a tell from someone new to the game thanking me for this build so yea lots of players are still using it and were at lvl17 trying to decide on there 18th feat, so I figured they deserved an update. Overall the builds needed very little updates over the years.

I mean I still consider mine , which is still a 28pnter my main and a very powerful character.. Even If i do play my 36pnt half orc more often now.

Also put the bare bone of this build on the wiki so new players can refernce it there too.. Think it still stands as a great build for any new players, especially free to play.

If they ever come out with dwarven defender i'd TR one of my dwarf barbs too, and set him up as a uber tank and write up a new builds.. Id find a way to make it work hehe.

Community Member

Hey shade, can you give us an update on the weapons ? Those you listed in the first post are still viable? The double pos maul, min2 great axe and the lightning 2 greataxe

Quote Originally Posted by Dunoky View Post
    Hey shade, can you give us an update on the weapons ? Those you listed in the first post are still viable? The double pos maul, min2 great axe and the lightning 2 greataxe
    They continue to the remain viable, and infact 100% ideal.

You will want to later upgrade them, but they are imo, neccesary stepping stones before moving up to the esos/epic antique.

And the maul you later upgrade to tri pos, which remains the best undead beater in the game by far.

Community Member

Default Continued Advice from an Elder?

Shade...first off thanks for this...It has brought me hours of entertainment! Do you have any thoughts/advice on lvls 21-25 for a Dwarf THF?

Thanks mate!

Community Member

Default Greatest Barbarian evah

Quote Originally Posted by Xzanthos View Post
    The thread for Shade's max DPS build seems to be missing. I had it bookmarked to reference as I level, but the link is broken now. (The link was http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=73360 )

If anyone had it saved to notepad or if perhaps Shade himself could repost it, it would be greatly appreciated
    Dont ask Shade, the Greatest Barbarian evah lives on Argo

Quote Originally Posted by Nerbat View Post
    Dont ask Shade, the Greatest Barbarian evah lives on Argo
    Shade hasn't added a video to his YouTube channel in 5 years.

He might be dead.

https://www.youtube.com/user/AxerDDO

Nice necro of an 11 year-old comment, btw.
    The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left. - Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    Hi Welcome

Community Manager

closing /necro
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910