Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by PaintHorseCowboy View Post
    As for my best story of ineptitude...
    Nothing so cool as spending 80k plat resurrecting idiots...
    Heh, first pug scale run I jumped in on Thelashkriat....Xorasklanis...whatever...I spent all my spell points, plus FIFTY FOUR Heal scrolls getting the party from....get this...from the large room where the skellies spawn to the portal to the black dragon....

So I auctioned The Pit Restart Manual. A funny joke on our home server....

Apparently it's new here because someone bought it out for 10k plat.
    lmao
    Anasthesia: 16 Clr | Qynne: 16 Bbn | Aenea: 5 Sor | Indra: 16 Sor
    Decibel: 16 Bard | Arsynic: 16 Wiz |
    Brawne: 16 Ftr/Pal | Beckett: 16 Rgr
    Nymphalis: 15 Multitasker | Erbal: 16 Clr

Quote Originally Posted by Tryp View Post
    Heh, first pug scale run I jumped in on Thelashkriat....Xorasklanis...whatever...I spent all my spell points, plus FIFTY FOUR Heal scrolls getting the party from....get this...from the large room where the skellies spawn to the portal to the black dragon....

lmao
    Hello sweet people.

I enjoy reading the posts from you guys wenching and wailing about PUG's. Don't you have guilds? I was, after reading the posts of the last few weeks, under the impression that there was going to be this sudden influx of uberness that was going to cause a sudden awakening to my less than uber ways and suddenly whip my sorry butt into shape. I understand the joys of being unguilded. All the **** about PUGs I just don't understand. You know what you're getting into, and it may be great, it may stink. But you expect it if you're going to PUG. Hence the sudden influx of soloing by many of the good players I know. Maybe you're just feeling stress. God knows there is enough to go around for most of us.

I have had two really great scale runs over the past few days, both PUGs. After being bored to tears over the past month or so on the game, it is nice to meet some good players from the new servers. It's just funny how people expect their bum to be kissed because they dropped 50 heal scrolls on a scale run. Ask for plat then. Erda's sitting pretty, like others I learned how to use the A.H. to fund my expeditions, but I game because I like to not because it's equitable. I expect to spend heal scrolls, I like to do elite high level quests but I always come prepared. I consider it a factor of playing a cleric. Not everyone does. But... If I never wanted to drop plat on playing a character, I'd play my fighter exclusively. You won't meet a lot of the really good players (IMO) from the original Thelanis guilds, is my guess, because many of them play guild-exclusively. Of course that is to say, there are a lot of good players I've met who are unguilded, or who like me float between my safe place and my larger guild.

Meh. I won't ask you to qwitcher*****in because it keeps me entertained.

On the other hand, 54 heal scrolls (you spent all your mana I see) in just the black dragon hallway is pretty bad... LOL... I am talking more like 50 for an entire run and that's just because I am anal about keeping my party at full health...

Welcome to Thelanis. Thelanishmishmashxoriataraskmcserver. It's a nice place. As it was, is, and ever shall be. Where the ladies are saucy, the halflings run underfoot, and hopefully you find some cool people to quest with.
    Last edited by Wotansdottir; 08-07-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    Erda.Siglinde.Tatotot.Foxtot.Lael.Inconsolable
    Officer- Infamous Flaming Vagabonds - Thelanis

Quote Originally Posted by Wotansdottir View Post
    Hello sweet people.

Thelanishmishmashxoriataraskmcserver. .
    Thats it.. the perfect server name!!!!

If it were up to me, I'd rename the server Server McServerson. Acey McChoiceServer FTW! (I miss Vehdren!!!)

~S~

Am I the only one to have actually never grouped with Shammy? But still sad 'cuz I feel like I have, again, and again, and again... LOL... and Erda seconds that, she wants a cleric run. She has wanted that since she was born, last summer. Maybe time to steal the torch from B-man and begin anew before the rest of my guild gives up on DDO and defects to LOTR like half of them have already done...

Which guild TLC has only lost a few to LOTR, and they'll be back when Mod 5 comes out...... Count Vinton in on an all CL Raid!! They did rock...

Vinton's Place - DDO Game Guide V3.6.0 - 10/12/2011 - My DDO
    | Inferus Sus | Vinton Cerf | Kabraxis | Bubah Licious | Sanadil | Zanta | Ziamdis |

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Sanadil View Post
    Which guild TLC has only lost a few to LOTR, and they'll be back when Mod 5 comes out...... Count Vinton in on an all CL Raid!! They did rock...
    OMG Vinton I know and I am SO sad, I just found out about 2 more who are defecting today... I don't want to think about it anymore. Especially with me being so tempted, Roenyn said "You know you can play as a chicken, right?" And that might have sent me over the edge... Of course in DDO I can play Siggy as a flail-monster, flailing around like Bart and Lisa Simpson hoping something gets in their way and they hit it, but in LOTR I can play AS AN ACTUAL CHICKEN. Word to your motha.

OMG Vinton I know and I am SO sad, I just found out about 2 more who are defecting today... I don't want to think about it anymore. Especially with me being so tempted, Roenyn said "You know you can play as a chicken, right?" And that might have sent me over the edge... Of course in DDO I can play Siggy as a flail-monster, flailing around like Bart and Lisa Simpson hoping something gets in their way and they hit it, but in LOTR I can play AS AN ACTUAL CHICKEN. Word to your motha.
    Erda I will hunt you down and drag you back here if you even think about leaving. Besides, I played LOTRO - it sucked. I came back, the rest will come back too.

*waves a hand* That is not the MMO you are looking for.
    Proud to be part of the CureLite Bottling Co. - Thelanis
    The one. The only. The original. Groupie of the Band. The Band of the Shifting Sands
    ~ Moiyra ~ Jezzy ~ Bonni ~ Nighya ~
    "You make gimp look good!" -Akree

Community Member PaintHorseCowboy's Avatar

Sorry, forgot the screenie in my original post.

Hey it was late...or early depending on your point of view, and there was a whole lot less of the Captain Morgan than I started with.

Try not to laugh too hard.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...eAHSuccess.jpg
    ----------==========[[[ LEGION ]]]==========----------

Death Waits In The Dark

Quote Originally Posted by PaintHorseCowboy View Post
    Sorry, forgot the screenie in my original post.

Hey it was late...or early depending on your point of view, and there was a whole lot less of the Captain Morgan than I started with.

Try not to laugh too hard.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x...eAHSuccess.jpg
    ROFLMAO...OMG that is the funniest thing I have seen all day. I wonder who the moron was that bought that.

PIXA
    Xoriat Born
    DWAT
    Pixa 20 rogue, Healza 20 Cleric, Biteza 20 tempest ranger, Casstza 12 sorc, Singza 20 bard, Kickza 13 barb, Nodda 8 fvs

If it were up to me, I'd rename the server Server McServerson. Acey McChoiceServer FTW! (I miss Vehdren!!!)

~S~
    Why does that make me think of Server McServerson's Summer Indian Pale Ale? I prolly booze it up too much...
    Thelanis: Anne|Annala|Torzion|Anastazie|Sprockettz|Theris

DDOcast - A DDO Podcast for Fans by Fans! >> Google+ || Twitter || Facebook || iTunes || DDOcast RSS Feed || YouTube

Hello sweet people.
    I have had two really great scale runs over the past few days, both PUGs. After being bored to tears over the past month or so on the game, it is nice to meet some good players from the new servers. It's just funny how people expect their bum to be kissed because they dropped 50 heal scrolls on a scale run. Ask for plat then. Erda's sitting pretty, like others I learned how to use the A.H. to fund my expeditions, but I game because I like to not because it's equitable. I expect to spend heal scrolls, I like to do elite high level quests but I always come prepared. I consider it a factor of playing a cleric. Not everyone does. But... If I never wanted to drop plat on playing a character, I'd play my fighter exclusively. You won't meet a lot of the really good players (IMO) from the original Thelanis guilds, is my guess, because many of them play guild-exclusively. Of course that is to say, there are a lot of good players I've met who are unguilded, or who like me float between my safe place and my larger guild.
    I HAVE had some really great runs, don't get me wrong. They're just not as fun to post about.
    And I'm not asking anyone to kiss my arse here. I chose to play a cleric, and I finance my cleric without asking for anything.....now if people give me money, I'm gonna take it, but I'll never ask you for it.
    This is not a server thing, either, had this happened before the merge, and I'd seen CrazyHorse's post then, I would have still posted.
    And the same goes for most of the good Xoriat guilds. The only time you'll see them pug'n is if no one else is on, or they're the odd man out when the group(s) form.

Meh. I won't ask you to qwitcher*****in because it keeps me entertained.
    I'll be here all week.
    And I'm really not *****in here. I saw a similar experience posted, so I shared mine. If I were *****in, then there would have been a lot more of these - *****

On the other hand, 54 heal scrolls (you spent all your mana I see) in just the black dragon hallway is pretty bad... LOL... I am talking more like 50 for an entire run and that's just because I am anal about keeping my party at full health...
    See?? That IS bad! lol
    Most pugs I don't even spend that on. Especially in a quest with that many shrines...there's just no need.
    Anasthesia: 16 Clr | Qynne: 16 Bbn | Aenea: 5 Sor | Indra: 16 Sor
    Decibel: 16 Bard | Arsynic: 16 Wiz |
    Brawne: 16 Ftr/Pal | Beckett: 16 Rgr
    Nymphalis: 15 Multitasker | Erbal: 16 Clr

Angry I Am So Mad And Full Of Hate!!!!!

Yes.... Sharing experiences. How about it!

There is just only so much a girl can take.

Like we've never met n00bs before.

Fo shizzle!

You know the drill.... It all comes down to:

All your phat lewtz are belong to Erda!!

Carry on.

Question Am I "TO" mean?

Alrighty let me set this up for ya...I log in and see a frickton of people logged in on Saturday night, so should be no problem getting a PoP run going. I check the guild, 20 peeps on...Nope, noone free.

I set the LFM, PotP 12-14 All Welcome. 13.5 seconds later I think I have the perfect group...Me (14 Fighter), Sorc, Wiz, Ranger, Pally, Cleric. Sorry to the 12 others that wanted in.

This should go well... Head out, fine, Wiz and Pally need to make the run, no sweat. They do alone, no damage. Get in the quest, buffs and haste all around..oh wait the wiz doesn't have haste, I can deal with that, that's what potions are for.

So far so good, round the first corner...ah crud...WIZ is dead...already & how? OK, rez heal and we are off again. Eek..need a little firewall to deal with too much aggro draw from wiz popping off half power spells on multiple targets, ask the wiz to lay one out...what you don't have firewall? How the frick do you not have firewall? Sorc gets it, we are OK, for now. Ask the Wiz to keep it to croud control, if he is unable to cast effective damage spells.

Smooth sailing to the top (I think there are 6 vorpals between the group). Get in the skellie room. Wiz dead...*** how did he even get aggro, the skellie was dead within three swings of a disruptor from the pally. Alrighty get him up and go on.

At this point we all realize that he is not following direction well and generaly being a pain, but the job is getting done, so we all just laugh it off.

Ok, now to the rooms, We get marut done quickly no big deal.

Off to fire. Call out for everyone to get resists, I see a few flames go off, everyone appears to be set, cleric calls out for everyone to make sure the are covered, get yeps all around. door closes, guess what...the WIZ drops, before Charoush even appears. Four Fire elementals are up and we are going to wipe, Cleric gets the door opened before all is lost and reset to do it again. 30 point Resists on everyone now? Yups all around. Do a info look on quickly dead wizzie, nope no resist. Ask him specifically, are you covered for Fire? Get a yep. OK pulling. Wiz dies instantly. OK, a little annoyed now. Text the Cleric, keep him dead. Mephits this time. They die quickly. Cleric didn't get the "keep him dead" memo in time, he is up.

OK next room, vamp dies to disruptor before we can blink, Wiz standing in corner facing the corner, blue bar goes nowhere, noone dies.

Cold next, no way I am going into air with a wiz that can't cast and sorc is out of mana. Cold room, sorc pulls and goes to shrine, wiz dies instantly, we clear the room. Someone drags the wiz stone close enough to the shrine so he can rez.

Next room...Demon Princess, no sweat dead in three swings as well. Huh...no chests yet, this sucks.

Back to air...we are actually going to do this. OK Air was decent the only death was the Wiz. Everyone gets there loot (+1 charisma Tome for me) and we drag the Wiz stone to the top for the beholder room. I figure the wiz isn't going to be able to do much in here, as he hasn't for any other room, so I suggest he pull the switch. We are all ready and I say pull. He types in to wait that he needs his chest and leaves...without pulling. I start yelling obsenities and he just keeps running to his precious chest. Ranger (I think) pops out and pulls it. Best beholder room EVAR...everything is dead from the sorc and cleric within seconds. I am the only one stunned.

Off to do the boss. Featherfall items check. Wiz picked up firewall and haste at shrine, check. Pull switch, hit bottom and get set up. This may work. Activate WF. Firewalls good. Dude is at half damage and the Cleric runs out of mana and Mind flayers pop...ohoh...this is gonna end badly. Everyone starts hitting pots as fast as possible and yeah, we wipe. Cleric recalls to get mana and run us to the shrine, Sorc is quickly on his heels as is the ranger, so its just me, pally and the wizzie here. I start to really lose it at this point. I am having thoughts of pulling out and pass the star. And then it hits me this is a good group we CAN do this..five man. "Give me the star."

I tell the wizzie that he must recall for mana or we are not finishing the quest. I wasn't dishonest. We were not gonna be able to complete this without him recalling. He complies. I kick him faster than Jodie kicked Chachie.

I get a hearty thanks and a couple "saw that coming"s. We finish it all in 113 minutes. Keep the main group together and pick up a sixth and run it again in 32 minutes.

Ok I feel better now...thanks for starting the thread!

Member of Clan of the Wolf
    You can find me on the server as:
    Chiotic - 16 Drow Fighter

Quote Originally Posted by gorloch View Post
    ROFLMAO...OMG that is the funniest thing I have seen all day. I wonder who the moron was that bought that.

PIXA
    He prolly bought it from himself so he could have a good story. Regardless, it's still a funny screenie.
    Last edited by XFracture; 08-08-2007 at 04:16 AM.

Don't even try to do Desert stuff with a random PuG. If you can't run these quests with a group of players you know and trust, at least find a party with members of respectable guilds (Xorians, you know the ones). Otherwise you are almost certain to have a significant emotional experience.

Don't get me wrong, there are good guilds and players from Tharashk and Thelanis; I have had some excellent experiences with many of you and I look forward to many more. I have, however, had several experiences similar to Luthen's since the merge. To the players in those groups; the hate has a long memory.
    Perryc/Pyxie/Aerryc/Gjornn and a 'few' others. Xoriat forged and Officer of Archangels.
    "An amatuer tries until he gets it right, a professional tries until he can't get it wrong."
    "When all else fails, immortality is ensured by spectacular failure."

Community Member PaintHorseCowboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XFracture View Post
    He prolly bought it from himself so he could have a good story. Regardless, it's still a funny screenie.
    Oh yeah, ya got me. I definately needed The Pit Restart Manual on my OTHER toon, and once he's done with The Pit, I'll AH it and buy it with my third toon, and so on and so forth until I've gotten them all through The Pit on elite.

And it's only because I have no idea how to do that quest that I need that book SOOOOOO badly and no guildmates to help me transfer it.

Yep, ya caught me. [/sarcasm]
    ----------==========[[[ LEGION ]]]==========----------

Death Waits In The Dark

Exploit Expert

*Gnashes Teeth*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123