Default DDO gimped my toon!

i just returned from 8 month hiatus from the game to find out my batman build has been gimped badly.
    i have 10 lvl pally, 2 rogue, 1 fighter
    the fighter was for extra feat, rogue for evasion and disable traps, pally for saves. he uses a kopesh and has all the slashing feats.
    apparently the evasion wont work unless i have mithral breastplate.
    my question is this, do i take another lvl or rogue to put more points into my search and disable, or do i scrap the trap thing and get some mith bp and keep evasion working for me?
    help save batman!!!!
    thanks for help in advance
    Darigaaz - Fernia
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

Evasion was never supposed to work in Medium or Heavy armor or while encumbered, but it did. That was corrected.

If you have enough dex to make it worthwhile, then just go for robes. Otherwise get the best light armor you can, which at the moment would be +5 Mithril Breastplate for a pure AC point of view.
    Sarlona - Stormreach Requisition Company (SRC):Jareko-Elf Ranger12Rogue8; Hennako-Human Cleric20; Rukio-Human Paladin18; Taellya-Halfling Rogue16; Zenako-Dwarf Fighter10Cleric1; Daniko-Drow Bard20; Kerriganko-Human Cleric18; Buket-WF Fighter6; Xenophilia-Human Wiz20; Zenakotwo-Dwarf Cleric16; Yadnomko-Halfling Ftr12; Gabiko-Human Bard15;more

Basicaly both. Grab a mithral BP or Chain Shirt and level up in Rouge every once in a while to shore up your skills.

Re-do your enhancments and pay close attentiong to cost vs benefit. Most folks wtih batman characters can manage to make them work out with some strategic adjustment.

The biggest thing that has "killed" the batman build is that at high levels AC becomes less dominant and they can no longer play "initimi-tank" as effectively, nor can any character centered on high AC / High intimidate.
    Happy Host of DDOcast The Dungeons and Dragons Online Podcast
    Member of the Umber Hulks and The Madborn of Thelanis
    You can see my many builds listed in this thread.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    i just returned from 8 month hiatus from the game to find out my batman build has been gimped badly.
    i have 10 lvl pally, 2 rogue, 1 fighter
    the fighter was for extra feat, rogue for evasion and disable traps, pally for saves. he uses a kopesh and has all the slashing feats.
    apparently the evasion wont work unless i have mithral breastplate.
    my question is this, do i take another lvl or rogue to put more points into my search and disable, or do i scrap the trap thing and get some mith bp and keep evasion working for me?
    help save batman!!!!
    thanks for help in advance
    Darigaaz - Fernia
    In my opinion: drop the trap thing, 99.9% of all traps can be avoided/mitigated by even the squishiest of characters. Keep your open lock skill going though.

Also note that evasion will work in a Mithral Chain Shirt as well as the Kundarak Delving Suit (get it soon, before it stops dropping!)
    DDOVAULT.COM
    Freedom from Oppression!

Community Member

Check out the post I reposted since the thread wipes.
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116216

Not my build I just reposted it. But the interest lies in some comments the OP made about the changes to batman builds...

Notes: The Junkman is a Mod 4.1-friendly evasive DPS paladin that brings the right blend of defense with outstanding offensive firepower. When Turbine "fixed" evasion, the assumption among the hoi polloi was that evasion tanks were screwed, and that the various Batman builds were dead.

However, Mod 4.0 also brought with it mobs of incredible offensive capability, where unless you're aiming for 55+ AC, you might as well have no AC: you'll get hit the same amount. HP has become the primary feature for melee characters, not AC, in Elite Gianthold -- unless you have a dedicated defensive tank build with several pieces of elite and raid loot gear.

The Junkman then takes the fusion of these two trends and elects for a straight up beatdown paladin with incredible immunities and saving throws, and excellent damage output via THF line.

This character will never focus on AC -- but will look to save, to be immune, and to have adequate health. With clerics routinely popping 350+ point Heals, even a WF tank can be healed to full with a single cast.
    But I'm guessing the only problem I wll see leveling up will people will see my build and figure I'm a tank. I decided on taking WF Heavy Armor feat at level one because of this and will be swapping it out someime in the 10+ levels. But batmans are not dead you just need to decide to move your toon to AC or DPS, can't really be both effectively.

Wear the ugly armor, go for 4 levels of rogue total at level 20 and use human versatility boost in place of rogue action boost (yes another gimp)

Quote Originally Posted by MondoGrunday View Post
    Aw, batman builds are so 8-months ago...

j/pokin, Mondo. Good feedback posted already.

WB, and GL.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    DDO Freebies ____ Monster Manual

Quote Originally Posted by spifflove View Post
    Wear the ugly armor, go for 4 levels of rogue total at level 20 and use human versatility boost in place of rogue action boost (yes another gimp)

wow, you aint kiddin. i finally got my hands on some mithral breastplate +5 and it looks like someone skinned their sofa
    i'm going to throw another level of rogue in at 14 to dump some skill points into search and disable. i'm building toward the future for this build.
    great advice all, thx
    Guilds: Wrath of God & Keepers of the BorderlandPalladia Mors- Fighter 16 Vaevictis Asmadi-Bard 16 Darigaaz TheIgniter- Paladin10/Rogue4/Fighter1 Bladewing The Risen -Sorcerer 16 Necrosavant -Barb 12/Fighter2/Bard 2Mondo Grunday - Rogue 14/Ranger2 Spiritmonger-Barb14/Ranger2-Propaganda-Cleric3/Ranger2Serraangel -14 Wizard/RogueMortify - 14 Paladin/2Monk

Also, since barbarians are now the new crowned kings of DDO, (replacing the batman), consider rolling a (dare i say dorf ) pure barbarian.