Thread: Just a thought

Community Member

Default Just a thought

In an effort to bring the Khyber player base together I would like to suggest that we try to come together in a cooperative effort to solve the new Raid on the Risia server before it ever even goes live on Khyber.
    I fear that if we do not have a quality goodwill building sessions like this, then the player base will withdraw into our established player groups once the new content hits.
    Thistles

Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)

You don't know much about Aundairinians. While maybee not conciously (I know its misspelled), Aundair raiders tend to stick to thier own collective raiding groups. Notice I'm not saying guilds cause I know there is cross breeding. I'm saying until it gets beaten people like to guard what the've learned unless there is some agreement and return of sharing the knowledge (I got your back if you got mine).

Just my view on things.. Don't doubt the raiders are already at work on Risa so they got a head start.. Shame though I like discovering things the first time the hard way.

Community Member

Default missing the pt

Litz what you speak of is exactly the type of thing im trying to break down. I've seen the rush to beat a new raid tear apart long standing server play bases. If former aundarians choose to go that route, so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemsin View Post
    Litz what you speak of is exactly the type of thing im trying to break down. I've seen the rush to beat a new raid tear apart long standing server play bases. If former aundarians choose to go that route, so be it.
    we r a strange croud over here in aundair, ididnt even care for the raid, we were mor set to loot the dragons on elite for loot . and group together??? everytime we do ..... THE PUGS GET THE LOOT

Quote Originally Posted by theweeman View Post
    we r a strange croud over here in aundair, ididnt even care for the raid, we were mor set to loot the dragons on elite for loot . and group together??? everytime we do ..... THE PUGS GET THE LOOT
    and pop. ive done 4963645 p.o.p. runs on 5 different toons

Nah our servers guys tend to not take it too serious.. It is all in friendly competition. Only time I remember something getting sour was when we beat the Titan for our first time some critisised us for not having a clean kill. We seemed as if we were claiming to have or maybee too pridefull, but we weren't anyway it has blown over and no hard feelings remain (that I know of).

Riott may be a better spokesman on this, but competition can drive people to accomplish things they would not have otherwise.. All that said our wives don't let us compete on the level of some of the more serious raiders so don't look for KotA to be a "First".

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    Nah our servers guys tend to not take it too serious.. It is all in friendly competition. Only time I remember something getting sour was when we beat the Titan for our first time some critisised us for not having a clean kill. We seemed as if we were claiming to have or maybee too pridefull, but we weren't anyway it has blown over and no hard feelings remain (that I know of).

Riott may be a better spokesman on this, but competition can drive people to accomplish things they would not have otherwise.. All that said our wives don't let us compete on the level of some of the more serious raiders so don't look for KotA to be a "First".
    my problem i have is a horible disease..... a job, 55 hrs a week, it really puts a damper on my play time

Only 45 hrs and a long commute.. Luckily I get to surf the forums at work so you all can hear me blither..

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    You don't know much about Aundairinians. While maybee not conciously (I know its misspelled), Aundair raiders tend to stick to thier own collective raiding groups. Notice I'm not saying guilds cause I know there is cross breeding. I'm saying until it gets beaten people like to guard what the've learned unless there is some agreement and return of sharing the knowledge (I got your back if you got mine).

Just my view on things.. Don't doubt the raiders are already at work on Risa so they got a head start.. Shame though I like discovering things the first time the hard way.
    Litz,

Don't worry about Thistle not sharing raid info. Ever hear of the dragon "Hero" method? Thistle was Hero #1. All of Riedra knew about it two weeks after we developed it. And it took another two weeks for it to spread to the other servers.

Happy Hunting,
    Nuckles.