Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Future Event Planning - Mr./Ms. Khyber 2XXX*

As some of you from Riedra might already know that I hosted an event "Mr. Riedra 2007". The event turned out very well! I was amazed at how many people actually showed up to my personal event and participated.

Here's a recap if you missed out:

1st prize - 1 Million PP & Disrupting BSword
    2nd prize - 50 Thousand PP & a greater bane (don't remember what it was )
    3rd prize - greater bane (was never collected)

We had the honors of +Sir showing up to the event and crowning the new Mr. Riedra. He took some pictures with us as well as throwing the a nice little after-party for everyone!

Now for the future I do plan on holding another event just like this one, probably at a new location seeing that we actually had a pretty decent volume of players showing up. The prizes may end up being larger than the ones in Riedra depending on how long it takes me to obtain a large amount of platinum...afterall a haggle bot can only do so much . I would like some ideas from the other servers who were unable to attend the event to see if we can actually spice things up for the next event.
    Laughing at you G.

I had a blast at your event!! Woohoo!! go Khlo and Frz!

Anyhow - kudos to Nexx!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sylviinae View Post
    I had a blast at your event!! Woohoo!! go Khlo and Frz!

Anyhow - kudos to Nexx!!
    Thank You! I'm glad you enjoyed being at my event, I hope to run more successful events
    Laughing at you G.

Please keep up the events Nexx, they add alot to the game and you run them very well.
    Sensei Ryley
    Alts- Kungshi Ryley and Shihan Ryley

Officer of the Sovereign Blades on the Khyber Server.

Hero
    Knight of Movember
    2014 DDO Players Council

Default Hope it is soon

I missed the first event, but I will look forward to your next!
    Gamma Tester, Dungeons & Dragons Online
    Beta Tester, DDO: Eberron Unlimited
    Alpha Tester, DDO: Stormreach

Default No scheduled date yet..

So far there isn't a set date for any events at the moment. I am hoping to start building up more pp with my haggle bot to give away at the next event! Donations of any kind would be very much appreciated, this all goes toward the events planned for the future.
    Laughing at you G.

It was actually a lot of fun to participate in the Mr. Riedra competition. I was roaring with laughter most of the time.
    Last edited by jeffreyalsip; 08-04-2007 at 11:18 AM.

An event sounds fun. Being from Aundair we never really had to many Player Sponsored Events so it would be fun to participate in one. Hopefully it will be a time and date I can make it and I'm sure some of my guildies would enjoy it also.
    Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

Attention looking for a casual guild?
    Keepers of the Arcane
    Brther Maynard Maxed Cleric, Delric Moondragon Lvl 11 Halfling Barbarian
    Founder #655

Community Member Indrn_Fretgoop's Avatar

Default hehe

Do I have to fight for my crown!?
    Dwarven Defenders of Khyber
    Officer (retired) Salinias Fretgoop LVL Fighter
    Inlestar Fretgoop lvl 10 Wizard
    Ghom Fretgoop LvL 12 Cleric/1 paladin

UnDwarven Defenders
    Officer Mr. Riedra 2007 AKA Khlondor Fretgoop LVL 12 Bard 10/2Rogue/2ranger(100 Velah kills, 16 titan kills, 5 Marilith kills)
    (Semi Retired) Sali Fretgoop LVL 13 Cleric
    LiLoneses Fretgoop Lvl 14 Intimibatman Extrodinare!

"If the world is my oyster then where the **** is my pearl of Power X?"

Unfortunately yes Khlondor you may have to fight for your crown now that you're a Khyberian. We'll see though because it may end up being a completely different Event that I will plan out.
    Laughing at you G.

I dont remember any server wide events on Aundair other then the +Sir ones I think this would b fabulous if u dont mind explaining I would love to know how u ran the other one? ie what was done to choose? etc...

Let me know when ur ready to host event I would gladly offer some pp from my guild to help cover costs.

Lynda
    Stupidity is an illness n this vorpal greataxe is the cure!!!
    Radyl MandonDalyn RandomBlayrn Rycie
    KyttenSweetyTrips BloodaxePurrfectKapow Ooops
    Dragon Order of Arcanix....Co-Quartermaster http://thedoa.guildportal.com

Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)

I hosted a contest. Wasn't really an event. It was to see who could beat the new raid content the quickest. Offered what I thought were some cool prizes. They ended up going to charity ($ value). Anyway This event might ought to be moved into the Khyber Server events forum they just created to get the server noticed.

Well I had planned this event (on Riedra) weeks ahead so I had enough time to organize prizes ie. plat, weapons, details..

The way I determined the winner was asking the contestants questions in general chat to where everyone could see their answers. After the questions were asked the votes were asked to be placed within /tell to me. I then tallied everything up.
    Laughing at you G.

Quote Originally Posted by Armathia View Post
    I dont remember any server wide events on Aundair other then the +Sir ones I think this would b fabulous if u dont mind explaining I would love to know how u ran the other one? ie what was done to choose? etc...

Let me know when ur ready to host event I would gladly offer some pp from my guild to help cover costs.

Lynda
    I am interested in this as well.

I have a "pretty boy" bard character leveling up, named Scorrpio Killer of Demons, and he would be a nice applicant. Just need to know what hoops I have to jump through, to be crowned "Mr. Khyber Fall 2007"

BTW, I dance divinely, AND I can sing

Sincerely,
    Shaamis is REBORN!

Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx View Post
    Well I had planned this event (on Riedra) weeks ahead so I had enough time to organize prizes ie. plat, weapons, details..

The way I determined the winner was asking the contestants questions in general chat to where everyone could see their answers. After the questions were asked the votes were asked to be placed within /tell to me. I then tallied everything up.
    Cool! I'll brush up on my Eberron Geography knowledge
    Shaamis is REBORN!

Stronger!Faster! DRUNKER THAN EVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    I hosted a contest. Wasn't really an event. It was to see who could beat the new raid content the quickest. Offered what I thought were some cool prizes. They ended up going to charity ($ value). Anyway This event might ought to be moved into the Khyber Server events forum they just created to get the server noticed.
    Sorry Litz I forgot about this as I found ur contest post after it was done and over

Eeek u mean DnD questions? lol ok I havent been playing that long but I am sure I will b polishing up on eberron now (thx Josh) I do pretty well though so bring on the the other Ms. Khyber contestants!!!

Lynda

I plan on making this a huge event. This time there will be more than just answering questions and looking pretty for the judges. I also plan on bigger rewards for the future. But as I have said it will take some time to compile everything on 1 toon probably give more details as the weeks go by... thanks for showing high interest in my event planning.
    Laughing at you G.

Smile

Ok Nexx just message me when ur ready!! Look forward to it

Default Mangina OK? n/t

Most of my characters look almost exactly alike (slight variations in skin tone and hair color, amongst my high elven characters) with my cleric differing only in hairstyle from my other drow characters.

I am interested in a beauty pageant, and wonder if there's a swimsuit portion to the contest.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Well, I haven't made certain that the next event I host will be a beauty pageant really. In the Mr. Riedra pageant I didn't really have a swim suit portion some people just showed up in their skivvy's

Honestly I think the next event will be completely different I guess we'll see once I have some ideas drawn up! ^_^

And when I do have the event planned out I will be posting it in the Khyber Events forum, hopefully it will be accepted by the moderators.
    Laughing at you G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast