Thread: TWF Feats

Community Member

Default TWF Feats

I am in the process of converting my rogue from ranged to melee and am unsure about the TWF feats. I picked up the first TWF feat to lower the negatives... but was wondering if the next levels would be worth it for a rogue... The description is kind of vague, just says it grants additional attacks. What exactly does that mean? What exactly do you gain from Improved TWF?

More attacks. And yes it is worth it.

I'll see if I can find my old post that lays out the numbers.

Here's a site that lays out the number of attacks per round you get at various Base attack bonuses and with and without various feats - including TWF and ITWF.

http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Combo_chain

As you can see, at higher BAB levels, you need ITWF to retain a significant number of attacks advantage over single handed fighters.

Community Member

Ah that explains it so much better, thanks!

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

TWF- Reduces Penalties to -2
    ITWF Adds a Second "Third" attack (+10 Progression)
    GTWF Adds a Second "Fourth"Attack (+15 Progresion)

So with Greater TWF Your Attacking at(Assuming BAB of +10 L14)

+0 +0/+0 +5/+5 +10/+10

If you just had TWF your swinging at

+0 +0/+0 +5 +10
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Community Member

Well looks like I can't get Greater TWF til level 15 when Rogue's BAB goes up to 11... but I'll make sure to get Improved TWF for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Talcyndl View Post
    Here's a site that lays out the number of attacks per round you get at various Base attack bonuses and with and without various feats - including TWF and ITWF.

http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Combo_chain

As you can see, at higher BAB levels, you need ITWF to retain a significant number of attacks advantage over single handed fighters.
    Perfectly summarized, particularly the last part.

I'd add that TWF is actually useful if you've got a specific combat plan (say, +2 dagger of backstabbing +5 in the offhand and a +5 something of something in the main hand...net is +8 main hand/+5 offhand, even with the -2 twf penalty).
    Brenna and Tzanna Wavekin
    The Dancing Rogues of Argonnessen
    Ascent

Quote Originally Posted by SableShadow View Post
    I'd add that TWF is actually useful if you've got a specific combat plan (say, +2 dagger of backstabbing +5 in the offhand and a +5 something of something in the main hand...net is +8 main hand/+5 offhand, even with the -2 twf penalty).

One of the things I've found VERY useful is using a "On Crit" weapon (Banisher & Smiter mainly) in the main hand with Seeker of Backstabbing weapon in the off-hand. In my case, my Seeker dagger of Backstabbing gives a +6 to confirm crits and +3/5 to sneak attack/damage. And those effect apply to both hands.

The result is that a +1 Banisher or Smiter will hit more often and you will almost always confirm your crits.

That ability to maximize the On Crit weapons makes TWF a huge advantage.