Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    artur, i don't think i have ever heard you use voice chat and that includes that 24 hour madstone marathon where we got fed up and went supernova...
    LOL... I tend to avoid mic use for a fairly basic reason... I don't trust the voice activated software, and I don't like pushing a button to push to talk. This has only been worsened by the fact that I no longer have a working headset, and my stand alone mic doesn't stay upright very well, so it's really a 2-handed operation to use voice chat for me. One to push the key, the other to hold the mic up and say what I'm going to say. It's why when/if people do hear me in voice chat i'm either very happy or very ****ed off. If I don't have some sort of emotion to drive me it's just not worth the hassle. I'll go invest in a headset tomorrow though since I just got paid and I'm thinking about it now.

Vox

P.S. You're talking about that elite run with the AI members? Was I on Smush for that? I think I remember that being the run that taught me that there is still some very good value to a vorpal

Yanno we need to get a group of 6 TA'ers and all be drunk in real life and see how fast we can run von 1-4, or heck even 1 thru 6... maybe elite
    Suffice to say, this isn't a family-oriented guild. I'd probably give it a PG-13 if it were a movie. That is, unless Daze is involved...he easily spikes the rating to R.

Generally speaking though, most of us are well-mannered individuals. At the very least we have good intentions. We do like to do things efficiently...in most cases that means as quick as possible with few resources expended.

So if you like to make the most of your time, want to run with a group of people that know the game well and don't mind a little adult humor, TA is probably the place for you.

Wixziu

Suffice to say, this isn't a family-oriented guild. I'd probably give it a PG-13 if it were a movie. That is, unless Daze is involved...he easily spikes the rating to R.
    Just "R"?
    Dannek Lightbane - 14 Cleric MAIN
    Drizzik Arazak - 14 Fighter
    Farrandel Stormreaver -14 Bard
    Ellenroh Arazak - 14 Wizard
    Cirdann Nu' Menesse' - 14 Ranger

Member of The Twilight Avengers of Aundair
    Black Section

Quote Originally Posted by Vox View Post
    LOL... I tend to avoid mic use for a fairly basic reason... I don't trust the voice activated software, and I don't like pushing a button to push to talk. This has only been worsened by the fact that I no longer have a working headset, and my stand alone mic doesn't stay upright very well, so it's really a 2-handed operation to use voice chat for me. One to push the key, the other to hold the mic up and say what I'm going to say. It's why when/if people do hear me in voice chat i'm either very happy or very ****ed off. If I don't have some sort of emotion to drive me it's just not worth the hassle. I'll go invest in a headset tomorrow though since I just got paid and I'm thinking about it now.

Vox

P.S. You're talking about that elite run with the AI members? Was I on Smush for that? I think I remember that being the run that taught me that there is still some very good value to a vorpal
    yep. i had to recall for mana twice but i torched that place...

Just "R"?
    Yep...its just language after all. If they threw some graphic emotes in game it might be a different story.

Wanted to put this up where you guys would see it and since the original thread is for a poll didn't wanna clutter it up. Gotta say I am suprised that the leader of a raiding guild would be for the new loot system just wanted to give you some applause for that.
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

It actually makes it easier to run non-guildies with us on raids. And that is a good thing IMO, for both potential recruitment and raid efficiency. In a nutshell puggers can choose to tag along for their 1 in 6 chance of loot, and we continue to use a structured point system for loot allocation within the guild. We made a few tweaks to the point bid system to accommodate the new raid loot mechanic, but it's business as usual other then that.

Teersis
    Silver Section Leader

On top of that, since we fill raids mostly, we stand an even better chance of loot if the PROPOSED change of a 1 in 4 chance of loot on Elite is actually made.

In effect we'd actually be pulling more loot on AVG.
    So yes, we do support the change.

While we "Can" run raids with 2-3 people.
    We don't do that as a standard course of action.
    We prefer to fill our raid groups. In fact, our loot system encourages it.

And as noted, it lends itself to being PuG friendly.
    Riott Ad Infinitum ~20 Fighter ~ 67 AC unbuffed ~ "Riott, AC Intimi-Tank Build"
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

Community Member

Thanks for the kind words.

There's plenty of debate about whether the new system is good for the game, but IMO it was important to stop discouraging raid leaders from bringing additional people along. Anything that is good for the game will be good for everyone long term.

Ink

can i rejoin? its been like 2 months.. I got kicked from DOA for raiding to much
    Aundair, New Khyber
    Alreck Gingerbarrel(15clr/1barb), Torrak Gingerbarrel(16 Brd), Oat(13 Rgr/3Ftr), Moxxy(16 Sor), Thorrac Gingerbarrel(6 Pal/1 Ftr) <<Current Toons>>

Community Member

When I build groups, I always enjoy picking up any of the DOA, TA or KOI guys for a group and we have a good time.

In general, to any Reidra or Khyber people that don't know, most all Aundair guilds got along pretty well with one another and work well together. That was what I always felt was one of Aundair's largest bonuses - the people involved always seemed to work well in group settings.

There have been exceptions, as there always are, but that was the overall tone.

Then there are the Paper Dolls ... man, I remember the night my rogue joined up with 5 of their bards and we ran Stormcleave on elite in about 30 minutes. Wow.
    Khyber (Formerly of Aundair)
    Keepers of the Arcane

Kendon Dorak - Level 5 Elven Rogue / Level 3 Fighter / Level 2 Ranger
    Aguila Rohan - Level 11 Human Paladin
    Senshi Silverbane - Level 5 Human Cleric / Level 1 Fighter
    Supremo Swashbuckler - Level 8 Drow Spellsinger Bard
    Ignacio Wolfbane - Level 5 Dwarven Fighter

Just Curious...
    How will TA do loot after the change goes in? (I have read how your PLS system works already)

Community Member

Default Short Version

Hey, Jaysensen - I assume you mean that you read the old version of PLS and are interested in how it has changed? If not, just clarify for us and we'll try to answer the correct question.

The main change to the current system is that the person who actually gets the Raid item drop assigned to them will have "dibs" on the item, but must spend 6 points (our current "first round" required bid). If they spend 6, they walk away with their loot, even if someone else with more points was along. If the original "owner" of the loot doesn't want it, they pass it along to the Raid Leader and our normal point system applies after that. If nobody spends any points on the item, it reverts to the original owner (our previous system had it open for a random roll to anyone interested). After much discussion in guild, we decided that this was the most fair way to allocate items - I'm confident that it will work just as well as our current PLS version has, but we'll see if we need any tweaks as we move along.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
    Avernus is drunk on a daily basis, despite what he says.

You need help man...you sick bastard.

Think of your kids!
    OMG I HAVE KIDS???
    Genivieve
    White Section Officer
    Twilight Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Daze View Post
    If ya wanna hear some good old fashioned sailor curses come on into a channel with Kylarn, Rezik, Tyrsis and myself .... we'll learn ya a thing or too. (about both cursing and busting balls)
    My Navy recruiter taught me everything there is to know about profanity, though Achaar seems to have a real talent for it.

I will add my voice to the general cacophony of recommendation for Twilight Avengers. Apart from two occasions where I felt its members had been rude, (I haven't seen either of those players on in about a year), I've found them to be excellent players, helpful, informed, and courteous.

Ventrilo is an excellent package, and if the raid is sufficiently disciplined, crosschat is not an issue.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysensen View Post
    Just Curious...
    How will TA do loot after the change goes in? (I have read how your PLS system works already)
    Just to post the whole (new) system for anyone that is curious, here is the condensed version:

All players who attend a completed raid get 1 PLS point. With the exception of the person who pulls the item, players must have positive points to claim an item. A person will have 1 point when they finish their first raid with us, so they can get loot right away. I've seen delving suits go to someone on their first raid.

Point totals by main character are tracked on our guild website. Points are accumulated by the player, not by the toon (mains and alts have the same number of points).

1) Person who pulls item can take it for 6 points. If not, the item is assigned to the raid leader.
    2) Raid leader calls for 6 point bids (by tell) on each item.
    -- The main character with the most points gets the item.
    -- If no mains bid, the alt character with the most points gets the item.
    3) If no one takes it, raid leader calls for bidders on a 4 point random (by tell).
    -- Leader asks all players who bid 4 points to roll, highest roller wins. Only the player who wins spends 4 points.
    4) If no one bids 4, raid leader calls for bidders on a 2 point random (by tell).
    -- Leader asks all players who bid 2 points to roll, highest roller wins. Only the player who wins spends 2 points.
    5) If no one bids 2, then the item is returned to the original looter.

Cheers,
    Ink

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123