Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

syllogisms are in geometry?

Bind Point (In-Game), Portland, OR (In RL)

It is simple. (Follow the ball Maldini)

TA - Maldini = Exploded Heads

Maldini was removed or left TA a while back because of inactivity. (Infact I rember a teary-eye'd good-bye forum on the topic)

So TA's heads exploded.

Maldini returns

He is no shaman so he cannot cast "Shrink Heads"

Which brings me to my conclusion.

TA = Exploded Heads

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    It is simple. (Follow the ball Maldini)

TA - Maldini = Exploded Heads

Maldini was removed or left TA a while back because of inactivity. (Infact I rember a teary-eye'd good-bye forum on the topic)

So TA's heads exploded.

Maldini returns

He is no shaman so he cannot cast "Shrink Heads"

Which brings me to my conclusion.

TA = Exploded Heads

Aha! That's where your logic is flawed. Just because I'm not in the game doesn't mean I'm not TA. TA is bigger than DDO my friend.

have any of these threads ever stayed on target?

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    Never when Maldini and Litz are involved.

Community Member

The last time I tried to get one back on the rails, I killed it. Since then I've decided to let them go.

*hums the Pina Colada song*

Ink

we're setting up ventrilo for KOI as well. mainly to keep a couple of guildies from getting banned for their language
    lmao Felice. Well said.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

In TA vent, if you get fortunate enough to group with Kurragii...
    It's like TA-After hours chat!!!!

What a voice!
    Riott Ad Infinitum ~20 Fighter ~ 67 AC unbuffed ~ "Riott, AC Intimi-Tank Build"
    Founder of the Twilight Avengers ~ Khyber Server ~ Owner of the Ultimate Gaming Table
    "Build a man a fire, keep him warm for the rest of the day. Light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life."

I blame Litz. I tried to make an amusing thread once, and he converted it into a 'gripe about lag in DDO' thread. I retain some resentment.
    The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory. - Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Maldini View Post
    Aha! That's where your logic is flawed. Just because I'm not in the game doesn't mean I'm not TA. TA is bigger than DDO my friend.
    No way dude you were gone. Illuminati confirmed it for me you were not TA. TA has an attendance policy and you could not meet the requirements because of RL commitments (school). So while you think you were TA you were not. While you were welcomed back once returning it is in reality a second term.

Quote Originally Posted by Mithran View Post
    I blame Litz. I tried to make an amusing thread once, and he converted it into a 'gripe about lag in DDO' thread. I retain some resentment.
    Go ahead laff it up I seem to be the butt of jokes around here, but once you see Maldini's but you'll stop laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by Litz View Post
    Go ahead laff it up I seem to be the butt of jokes around here, but once you see Maldini's but you'll stop laughing.
    Another typical nonsequitor, Litz.

Quote Originally Posted by Guildmaster Kadish View Post
    Master Kadish
    P.S. Has anyone from Aundair servers been able to unearth the guild list kinetik started, or did that permanently disappear with the server forum merge?
    You could try this. I'm not that tech savy.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=116121
    Yes, of course! The Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! 'Tis one of the sacred relics Brother Maynard carries with him. Brother Maynard! Bring up the Holy Hand Grenade!

Attention looking for a casual guild?
    Keepers of the Arcane
    Brther Maynard Maxed Cleric, Delric Moondragon Lvl 11 Halfling Barbarian
    Founder #655

Good luck in your recruitment drive, TA.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblack View Post
    My take on Twilight Avengers is that it is a Lawful guild, in the sense of D&D alignments. If you chafe at the thought of being asked/expected to do something (a reaction I would call Chaotic), then it probably isn't for you. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that -- there are plenty of good people and good players that fall into that category. If you like organization (Law), then TA might be a good fit for you, and you a good fit for TA.

<snip>

Ink
    I'd just like to point out that I'm a little leary of the whole "law" aspect, and the whole "being asked/expected" to do X, Y, or Z. However, as a member of TA I've never been asked or expected to do anything that I wouldn't consider a common courtesy for a guildmate, or normal for a casual but regular level of play. While regular play and activity on the forums is expected that doesn't mean every day, or even X hours per day, or even X raids per week. It just means exactly that, regular.

The only differences in my experience are these. One, TA has a much lower tolerance for poor attitudes. Whining, or incessant self-focus over the group/guild is the single biggest cause for guild un-invites that I've seen over the months I've been with TA. Two, TA has a pretty steep learning curve expectation. Everyone is more than happy to help people who are eager to learn, and willing to verbalize actual questions, but the expectation is that after the first couple times that a particular lesson or method be learned and accepted. This is not typically a cause for guild removal, it's simply a case of some members (myself included being a bit abrasive in the long term. Third, TA is not a democracy. While Riott and the section leaders and lieutenants do listen to the members thoughts and opinions, they make decisions regarding rules, and raid leaders are the leaders of the raid. The raid leader delegates tasks if necessary, decides who will fill a particular role, take a particular hall etc if there is any question.

Anyway, that's my take on the differences between TA, and any other guild I've interacted with either on DDO or any other MMO I've played.

Vox

artur, i don't think i have ever heard you use voice chat and that includes that 24 hour madstone marathon where we got fed up and went supernova...

Originally Posted by jkm View Post
    we're setting up ventrilo for KOI as well. mainly to keep a couple of guildies from getting banned for their language

Thank god for vent or I woulda been banned log ago ... then again I WAS banned. Whatever.

If ya wanna hear some good old fashioned sailor curses come on into a channel with Kylarn, Rezik, Tyrsis and myself .... we'll learn ya a thing or too. (about both cursing and busting balls)

But I digress.

Bottom line ... if it werent for this guild I for one wouldnt be playing DDO anymore. Inbetween modules we entertain ourselves with things like Titan killing in record times ... I think the record so far is 6 minutes (obviously this doesnt include the prequest). DJed VON 1-4 runs (no text no voice chat just music and the party) ... there's more too but I cant think of any atm.

As far as MMO guilds go (across the boards) this one is filled with the most comraderie and focus out of all the ones I've been in. I've never seen a guild leader or grp of officers work harder at maintaining a guild. With all the changes that Turbine does to DDO with each module ...it requires a good bit of maintaining.

As far as endgame goes .... TA has been among the first to defeat every raid encounter since Irestone inlet was a raid. That will continue ... you can bank on it.

Yanno we need to get a group of 6 TA'ers and all be drunk in real life and see how fast we can run von 1-4, or heck even 1 thru 6... maybe elite

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kaboth View Post
    Yanno we need to get a group of 6 TA'ers and all be drunk in real life and see how fast we can run von 1-4, or heck even 1 thru 6... maybe elite
    Speaking of efficiency...
    Genivieve
    White Section Officer
    Twilight Avengers

Quote Originally Posted by Avernus View Post
    Speaking of efficiency...
    Avernus is drunk on a daily basis, despite what he says.

You need help man...you sick bastard.

Think of your kids!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast