Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default The Stormreach Thieves Guild, Welcome and Biography

Welcome future Khyberians!

Since the server merger and now with the influx of new palyers the ‘Stormreach Thieves Guild’ (SRTG) thought that a welcome and a few words of introduction would be a step in the right direction to getting to know all the new guilds and players coming to join the Khyber server. We have tried to answer questions that anyone might be interested in about another guild, and in a non-competitive way tell you who we are so when you see our guild name hovering above members there will be a sense of recognition and approachability :-)

-What time is the guild most active / what part of the world do most members live?
    A great majority of our members are from Australia and New Zealand, but we have members from all parts of the globe. Australian peak times are our most active.

-How many players can I seriously expect to see online- and what character lvls?
    On a busy weekend we will have somewhere around 40-50 online, most weeknights you will see around 20 ish. Of course this number fluctuates, and it makes sense that those who play more regularly than others and are most often online have high lvl toons. This goes up and down too, and currently we have many active mid lvls. There will always be a range of lvls to play with, although low through mid lvls will have to pug sometimes to find a suitably balanced party.

-What is the general player age?
    Probably mid 20’s to late 30’s although only at the peak of the bell curve of course :-)

-What style of play is predominant?
    This guild was started as a casual off-peak collection of mainly Aussie players. Some of us are able to log on twice a week, others (guilty) are on almost every day and people get concerned and ask questions when they are not there lol. On the whole, we play for fun. We are not all exclusively: Zerg masters (I can do the titan in 30 seconds!), Virtual C*** Measurers (my toon is the most UBER! And I only play with certified Uber players), 24/7 Raid Ransackers Role Payers (I am Gallstaf, Sorcerer of Life!), Loot *****s (except for loot weekends) etc…
    Although, there are elements of all these things in our individual members, and we certainly don’t discourage some element of these styles. If intense play-style directed gameplay is your thing then honestly this is probably not the guild for you, even though some of our members look for it on occasion. We are still best described as a casual player’s guild.

-Is it run by A**hats?
    Nope :-) all reasonable and fun people in the leadership team!

-Are its members A**hats?
    Nope :-)

-What are the guild rules?
    Our basic rules are very simple: Fun is the name of the game, and respect for other guildies is paramount. Check out our guild charter and forum at:

http://srtg.org.au/

-Does the guild have any long standing credibility within the community (how established is it? how stable is it? do they have the maturity to deal with issues and does it have an active leadership team?)
    The Stormreach Thieves Guild has been around since launch, and a few of the officers teamed together in beta where its idea was born. We are a founding guild with a place on the founders' stone. Our guild Leader is Arj and as the guild has grown to become possibly the biggest off-peak one on Khyber we have promoted more long standing helpful members to officers. There is almost always an officer online, but instead of listing those all here it would be easier for interested individuals to check the “who” list for guild members and send them a polite tell asking them which officers are online. Our policy is to invite on request, so you will have no issue or trial. Officers are happy to answer nay questions you may have, ingame (when they become free and are not questing) or in the public area of our forum.

-What are the organized guild events?
    We used to have one organized guild raid on Saturday evenings (Australian) and the raids are rotated, but now raid are more an Ad hoc affair, either spontaneously organized or put together by an interested induvidual on our guild forum. Any member of the appropriate lvl is welcome to sign up for a place on a first-in basis. No Scheduled guild event is compulsory, and the guild is a friendly and helpful one for those that need to get raid ready, or really want to get something in particular done. Always keep in mind that we are working with a casual player base, and not everyone has the same amount of time to get ingame things done.
    We also have a guild bank that works on donations to help get new members on their feet and help out mainly low to mid lvl characters.

Well, that is us in a nutshell, and I (personally) and the SRTG look forward too seeing and partying with all the new faces in town be they in our guild or not. Don’t be shy to say G’day if you see us about town (most likely at the auction house haha)!

Sincerely, on behalf of the SRTG,
    Kahoun

In Game:
    Tempesta – Kahaun
    Last edited by Kahoun; 01-14-2010 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Info update
    Kahoun: lvl ? ironist, forum build.
    Winner: The Goolie Award - Voice of reason, Defender of the rights
    Nominated For: Top 20 Trolls of Khyber - The Controversial Newcomer

Community Member

shameless BUMP
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild
    http://www.srtg.org.au - Antir ~ Raegouli ~ Sussant ~ Servantir

B
    U
    M
    P
    !

On behalf of SRTG, we have been having a lot of fun lately with some of the new guilds on Khyber.

As Kahoun posted we are an open invite guild and have varied playstyles

It really is great that there is more people on Khyber now

Welcome to all!
    Sertrynus
    Human - 28pt Male Pure Paladin
    Officer of The Stormreach Thieves' Guild - Khyber
    Nilahoy nilahoy

Bump!
    Arj
    Elven Ranger / Rogue / Wizard
    The Stormreach Thieves' Guild - Khyber
    http://srtg.org.au

Page 2 just won't do!

:-P

Hi, may I ask if you guys organise any raids on weekdays during Asia/Aussie timezone, say GMT+8 10pm to 1am?

Community Member

The current raid roster is once a week on Saturdays (raid type rotates each week). In GMT +10 time (AEST) it starts at 7pm usually. If there was more demand for raids then the officers would probably run them. That being said you note that your time is 10pm-1am GMT 8 which makes it 12am-3am AEST and worse for the Kiwis. At that time of night you might have better luck with the American crowd?

I think I remember seeing a post by you Ziltus looking for a serious raiding guild (is that correct?). I am not sure SRTG is what you are after in this regard anyways since we are all very casually orientated (Sheesh - it takes me a full month just to get von1-4 done for the once per month dragon raid!). On a side note - we do sometimes run with Crimson Phoenix, another aussie dominant guild that joined us during the merge. They might have a raid schedule that suits you better as well.

Either way, all the member of both guilds are fun friendly and pretty experienced so if your looking for players to quest with normally keep us in mind.

Good Luck
    Pink

Yes that's me asking some time ago.

I joined a guild bcoz I later realised some of my ex-guildies were there but sad to say the timing is still not suitable for me thus I've quited and trying to look for another guild that I can raid on weekdays.

I'll check with Crimson Phoenix, thanks for the info.

Community Member

I think Pinksock meant the Phoenix Crusaders not Crimson Phoenix
    Argonessen and Khyber Servers - Officer of Aces over Kings and Stormreach Thieves Guild

Community Member

Oops - I should never answer these things at work, get so easily confused.
    Thanks for the clarification

Wheeeewww!

I suspect that I am not alone in my relief that this guild is "just another guild"....and that they dont hope to recruit every thief (rogue) on the server.

Back on Riedra, we ran in fear of rumors of a Clerics Guild...if you wanted a cleric for your party, a guild representative would be nearby for negotiations. You must (1) guarantee the clerics safety and (2) pay a before-quest established price for clerical supplies, and (3) give the guild cleric a pre-arrainged percentage of any loot acquired.

I know that (names removed and replaced with this) "certain" clerics I knew, took a look at this and seriously considered it. That made us all run scared for awhile. Oh-my-God! Imagine if this really happened!
    Last edited by jeffreyalsip; 09-04-2007 at 09:54 PM.

Come on now would us Rogues actually do something underhanded and sneaky as this????

So anyways I got this idea for a guild for all my fellow rogues out there......
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08

Community Member

Thieves and Rogues are not the same thing though i still get confused about this somtimes. And can anyone tell what a Rouge is?

We do pretend to be Loot Wh**es and i think that qualifies us as Thieves or is it just that our guild leader is a Loot Wh**e and we serve him.

I know that Kahoun is a Loot Wh**e.
    Last edited by Raegoul; 09-11-2007 at 06:47 PM.

When we get a guild hall, that’s what the rose and blue diamond encrusted sign will say over my heavily fortified, magically locked, unpickable, 34 charisma rune protected, DC 100 flesh to stone trap, Unsmitable Marut guarded, daily changed password, 2 minute mastermind puzzle doomsday devise triggered entryway to my loot room foyer :-)

Of course, feel free to drop by for a visit! though make an appointment first...

Community Member

bump back to page ONE

Bump!
    Arj
    Elven Ranger / Rogue / Wizard
    The Stormreach Thieves' Guild - Khyber
    http://srtg.org.au

Community Member

oo back to page one

back to the top
    Khyber: Stormreach Thieves' Guild - Officer
    Tallyyn Rogue ~ Hallyn Wizard ~ Baldyn Cleric ~ Gallyn Ranger ~ Pallyn Fighter ~ Zallyn Sorceror ~ Ferallyn Fighter ~ Singallyn Bard... and more

Can't have this on Page 2!
    Come on you aussies, kiwis and pacific time-zoners, come and have fun with our crazy bunch of players
    Khyber: Stormreach Thieves' Guild - Officer
    Tallyyn Rogue ~ Hallyn Wizard ~ Baldyn Cleric ~ Gallyn Ranger ~ Pallyn Fighter ~ Zallyn Sorceror ~ Ferallyn Fighter ~ Singallyn Bard... and more

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast