Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Default Dwarvern Mod4.2+ Cleric.

L16 Opens up some nice enhancemnts because I can drop CLR Wis 3. (Of course, If I get a +3 Wis Tome, I'l respec again) Added some oomph to my healing with the level cap raise in the form of Crit Chance and Multiplier, Hit Points can now break 400 Buffed and Standing I can hit 386 with a Greater False Life item

I think a Nice tradeoff coul dbe made in the Hit Points to Spell Penn Swapp.. -35 Hit Points for +2 Spell Penn? Yeah.. Sounds like a good trade with the SR in the Vale.

Dwarven Super-Cleric

Level 16 Lawful Good Dwarf Male
    (1 Paladin / 15 Cleric)
    Hit Points:356 + Greater False Life + Aid
    20 HD+ 120CLR +10Paly +10D +128 CON +18 Toughness + 50 T-Enh = 356

Spell Points: 1519

80 Magical Training
    675 CLR L15
    264 CLR Wisdom Bonus
    110 Paly Wisdom Bonus
    110 EotZ
    15 Dwarven Faith
    85 Mental TOughness
    80 Improved Mental TOughness
    100 Pop X
    -------

Saves:
    F/R/W
    9/5/9 L13 CLR
    2/0/0 L1 Paly
    1/1/1 Paly AUra
    8/1/11 Stat Bonus'
    4/4/4 Resistance Item
    4/4/4 Greater Heroism
    2/2/2 Recitation
    ----------
    30/17/31

Fortitude: 29
    Reflex: 16
    Will: 30

To Hit:
    16 Base (w/Divine Power)
    5 STR Bonus
    3 Divine Favor
    2 Dwarven Axe Attack
    3 +3 Elemental Dwaven Axe
    ------
    +29 First Swing 29/29/34/39

Abilities
    (32 Point)
    {20}Strength 14+6 tem/Divine Power =20
    {12}Dexterity 8 +4 Item or Cats Grace =12
    {26}Constitution 18 +1 Dwarf Con +1 Tome +6 Item
    {8}Intelligence 8
    {32}Wisdom 18 +4 Levels +2 Tome +2 Cleric +6 Item
    {6}Charisma 6

Skills

Concentration 19 Ranks +11 Wisdom +13 Item = 43

Level 1 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness

Level 2 (Paladin)

Level 3 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 4 (Cleric)

Level 5 (Cleric)

Level 6 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness

Level 7 (Cleric)

Level 8 (Cleric)

Level 9 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 10 (Cleric)

Level 11 (Cleric)

Level 12 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 13 (Cleric)

Level 14 (Cleric)

Level 15 (Cleric)
    Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 16 (Cleric)
    Enhancement: Dwarven Axe Attack I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Faith I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense II
    Enhancement: Dwarven Spell Defense III
    Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness I
    Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness II
    Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness III
    Enhancement: Dwarven Toughness IV
    Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
    Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life II
    Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I
    Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life II
    Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
    Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
    Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic III
    Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic IV
    Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
    Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
    Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot III
    Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot IV
    Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
    Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom II
    Enhancement: Paladin Toughness I
    Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery I
    Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery II
    Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery III
    Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery IV

EDIT:
    Updated for Mod6 L16 Cap 1/30/08
    Last edited by Tolero; 03-10-2011 at 10:08 AM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

Alandael ~ Allendale ~ iForged ~ Roba ~ Sylon ~ Pokah ~ Keyanu ~ Wreckoning
    Quote Originally Posted by Severlin View Post
    We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

2016 DDO Players Council Theadora's Avatar

Thank you!
    Torchwood~Theadora~ Dizzydora
    Halfling Commandos~ Teodra~Taea~Maiah~Taeadora~Mommybot(TM)
    It's all about the number of clerics.....
    https://confessionsofageekmom.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Perhaps forever since Gren is gone now
    What ? have I missed something.. when did this happen? and where can I read his farewell post?

Crown Prince of Mistells of Gravis Negotium " Serious typos are my business "
    My Squad: Yorrick, Nodri, Angron, Jaghati, Subedei, Scheherazade, Namhari

The Gelatinous Cube is the President of my fanclub

I'm not sold on the Wand Mastery line for this character.

Oh wait, am I supposed to be gone? Jeez, I didn't get the memo.

/gren

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

Doh! Why did I think you said you were leaving the game? My bad.... Someone with a bunch of builds recently left...

I like wand mastery for the Scroll boost..... Bumps up Heal scrolls just enough....

Edit:
    (gangwulfe.. Thats who I was thinking of..... My apologizes Gren)
    Last edited by Impaqt; 07-30-2007 at 08:38 PM.
    °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸A R C H A N G E L S °º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸,ø¤°º¤ø,¸ ¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸
    Thelanis

We don't envision starting players with Starter Gear and zero knowledge playing on Hard or Elite.
    Sev~

Default I don't understand

Right now, you have Heighten Spell. I'm not entirely sure why. For the most part, anything my Cleric casts is level 6 or level 7 when I want to affect monsters (except maybe Greater Command, but I find Cometfall being much more useful, so tend to use that more). Most of your low-level spells are buffs, which get no advantage from Heighten Spell, nor does Destruction, and Cometfall and Blade Barrier only increase the DCs by 1. I'd think you'd get much better use from Empower Healing and use the enhancements from Wand Mastery to get at least Improved Empowered Healing II (or Improved Empowered Healing I and Cleric Life Magic IV).

You have 107 more SP than my Cleric does, and except for the rarest of occasions I never touch a wand or a scroll (and I make no distinction about Warforged, so I normally Heal them as well and let the casters kill things). I'm just thinking that you could improve your healing ability without sacrificing anything to your combat ability and never have to rely on wands or scrolls either.

And Gren, I'm sorry to hear that you left. But welcome back. I knew you couldn't stay away for long.

Thank you for reposting this. I recently started a Dwarven cleric and was thinking along the same lines as your template. However, I wanted to ask, why 1 level of paladin as opposed to 1 level of fighter? I am totally new to clerics, so if this question is naive or whatever, I apologize.

1 level of paladin gets you the +1 ac and +1 saving throw aura. I am not sure that it gets the spell points bonus, but if you know that it does, then I believe you. You get one smite evil. The other things that it gains are things that fighters get too, or that clerics have anyway. The really big things that paladin multiclasses gain--fear/disease immunity, charisma-based saving bonus, lay on hands--come from 2/3 levels of paladin.

In contrast, taking a level of fighter gets you tower shield proficiency (nice for a cleric) and an extra feat. Extra feats are pretty yummy, though the drawback here is that it is a fighter class feat that would be of more limited benefit than a metamagic feat or toughness would be. 1 level of fighter also gets some handy 1 point fighter enhancements like haste boost or item defense, which pretty much anyone could use.

What do you think? What was the thing that tipped it for you away from fighter and toward paladin?

_

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I chose Paladin for this build for the Saves and Spell Points. My Clerics generally dual Weild in Healing Mode, and the extra 2 AC from a Tower Sheild isnt all that exciting anymore. Besides, the Reaver Tower Sheild is by far the best bet for a cleric anyway and that grants the proficency and has some nice DR.. ANd it drops all the time....

FIghter is a Very popular Splash for battle clerics.... I wanted this guy to have good melee power, but first and foremost, hes an offensive Caster.

As far as Healing, I use Scrolls mostly... EMpower healingmay stil be apealing to some folks, but in practical useage it overheals quite a bit and there is no real world benefit. Your healing 1.5 Times more for 1.5 times the cost..... I simply dont like the feat for this build.

Now, Heighten Spell.....

There are 2 Primary spels I use Heighten on. Hold Person and Soundburst. ANd recenetly I've started using it on Orders Wrath. Making these 3 Spells 7th level Rocks.... Its some of the best Crowd Control in the game.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Impaqt View Post
    Now, Heighten Spell.....

There are 2 Primary spels I use Heighten on. Hold Person and Soundburst. ANd recenetly I've started using it on Orders Wrath. Making these 3 Spells 7th level Rocks.... Its some of the best Crowd Control in the game.
    I, too, have Heighten on my offensive casting cleric. Love it love it love it. Is it on 100% of the time? Heck no. When it is on, however, rare is the monster that saves against my spells. Oh, and it rocks in places where you don't need to worry about SP so much, like the Reaver raid.

Impact, I believe it was Gol who left - expect him back around mod 6 (if its decent)
    QTip Jones (20 Cleric) Nestorious 2.0 (20 Fvs) Eulogist Delivered (11 Rngr)

As a follow-up, I did level the Cleric to level 2, and went with Paladin as described here.

It is true that you get the Paladin's bonus spell points for wisdom. I wasn't sure that would be the case because Paladins don't get spells at level 1, so I wasn't sure that any spell bonuses would apply. But they do.

My main is an X/1 Paladin/Sorcerer, and I should have remembered that when I went from a 1 Sorc to a 1/1 Sorc/Pal, I also got a spell point bonus for the Paladin's wisdom (for what that was worth at the time) even though the Paladin could not cast any Paladin spells yet.

So the bottom line is, am pretty happy with it so far. Also, one of the big reasons I would have considered Fighter instead was the usefulness of even 1 level of Item Defense, which has traditionally been a Fighter-only enhancement. Now, however, the WDA has announced that Mod 5.0 will include Item Defense lines for all melee classes including Paladin. So that is one more feature that tilts the build to favor Paladin over Fighter....

_
    Last edited by arminius; 08-03-2007 at 12:10 PM.

Dizzy is now 2cl/1pal and she is awesome and fun to play. My husband has to remind me not to level her too quickly as I can solo her easily at this level. She definitely got the boost from the pal as she has more spell points than my human clerics did at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by Nestorious View Post
    Impact, I believe it was Gol who left - expect him back around mod 6 (if its decent)
    Gol left? Ouch.

Impaqt...You might want to drop a note in the build about it being a fine 28-pt character as well in case a newbie takes a loot at it.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

GOod Point, the only thing 28pt is gonna do to this guy is drop his Hit points from 327 to 313.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Impaqt,
    I was running this build through the character generator and it doesn't appear that you can take the enhancements that you have listed without moving Toughness to level 3 so you can open up the Toughness enhancements. Did you swap it to level 9 at a later date? Right now, you get stuck at level 4 with 8 spent and needing 10 to keep moving. I'm sure you could pick something to move forward, but was wondering why Toughness at 9? Is it just to keep the Cleric stuff progressing?
    Proud Officer of the Guild of the Black Dragon on Sarlona.

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

I never do any of my Enhancements till Level 14..... I tend to change em up a lot as I level characters along in game as well.

If your concerned about spening a few plat to respec your enhancements then yeah, you may need to take Toughness sooner. Itherwise, DOtn worry about it.. Spend your action points as ya get em and once your capped, reset em to my suggestion... Or whatever you like.

(BTW, got this guy to Level 14 Last night night Very fun cleric to play)
    Thelanis

Sev~

Cool, Thanks for the quick update. Yeah, I tend to swap my enhancements around a lot too. Just too early in the morning to be thinking that way. =)
    Proud Officer of the Guild of the Black Dragon on Sarlona.

I ran into the enhancement problem as well, resulting in my taking Toughness at level 6 instead of Improved Mental Toughness. Am almost to level 7 now.

This is indeed a fun, effective cleric. Have had a hard time trying to come up with a unique variation, because it is overall so well thought out. It is the highest compliment that I can pay to this template to note that I have 5 characters that I play, and not one of the others is based on any template at all. But this one I can't seem to steer away from.

Am still suspicious of Heighten, but then again I have a good while to go yet, who knows where my playing style will take me.

_

I too took the Toughness feat at level 6 instead of Imp Mental Toughness.

DizzyDora is level 7 now and only because I keep taking breaks from playing her. She is an absolute blast to play. Only problem is that I find myself haunting the vendor and AH looking for nice toys to give her to play with

Hall of Famer
    2016 DDO Players Council

If you want to Crowd Control, Take Heighten..... Its one of those metas that you cant possibly appreciate until you have it.... Some of a Clerics best Area of Effect Crowd Control is lewer level spells.. (Sondburst and Orders Wrath) adding 2-5 DC on those 2 spells alone can save yer bacon. Sure, You have Greater Command..... (Also Heightenable!) but being able to throw a Sounburst, Orders Wrath and GC pretty much can get you out of any situation.

BTW: Updated Build for l16
    Last edited by Impaqt; 01-30-2008 at 02:45 PM.
    Thelanis

Sev~

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast