Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Dwarven Enhancements

I do not know about every other Dwarf out there but I personally feel slighted majorly by Turbine's change to our "Search" enhancement. Dwarves have an intuition with Stone and its workings. This includes secret doors, hidden compartments and even traps found within the stones itself. The fact they took away our Dwarven "Search" enhancement which I think was called stonecunning or something like that and Gave us Kundak Search is not a big deal except they FORCE us to take feats to get these.

So they took away our Racial Search in order to mplement Dragonmarks and give us Kundark Search. But let's be completely honest how utterly and completely worthless are the abilities of the Dragonmarks of Warding.... a little worthless fire trap for, if I figuerd it out correctly, 2d4 damage, Glyph of Warding for yet more fire damage and then there is greater Glyph of warding for even more fire damage.. what exactly does magical floating runes have to do with stone. Yes I understand the fact of Dragonmark of "warding" but the effects are horrible in the playing environment when compared to other dragonmarks... heals, trapsortations, combat prowless and stealthly stuff for pathetically damaging traps... which they force Dwarven Rogues to take IF they want a higher search... can you say no Dwarf = red-headed step-child.

Show us some love Turbine

Stormreach Advisor
    Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Drailog View Post
    I do not know about every other Dwarf out there but I personally feel slighted majorly by Turbine's change to our "Search" enhancement. Dwarves have an intuition with Stone and its workings. This includes secret doors, hidden compartments and even traps found within the stones itself. The fact they took away our Dwarven "Search" enhancement which I think was called stonecunning or something like that and Gave us Kundak Search is not a big deal except they FORCE us to take feats to get these.

So they took away our Racial Search in order to mplement Dragonmarks and give us Kundark Search. But let's be completely honest how utterly and completely worthless are the abilities of the Dragonmarks of Warding.... a little worthless fire trap for, if I figuerd it out correctly, 2d4 damage, Glyph of Warding for yet more fire damage and then there is greater Glyph of warding for even more fire damage.. what exactly does magical floating runes have to do with stone. Yes I understand the fact of Dragonmark of "warding" but the effects are horrible in the playing environment when compared to other dragonmarks... heals, trapsortations, combat prowless and stealthly stuff for pathetically damaging traps... which they force Dwarven Rogues to take IF they want a higher search... can you say no Dwarf = red-headed step-child.

Show us some love Turbine

Dwarves get PLENTY of love in DDO....in fact, they make the best _____ for like 2/3 of the classes in DDO...
    Argonnessen | Legendary Knights of Mabar | Couresan | Courage | Plat | Torgo

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oronisi View Post
    Dwarves get PLENTY of love in DDO....in fact, they make the best _____ for like 2/3 of the classes in DDO...
    That is because the people playing the Dwarves know what they are doing.

Barbarian - a good pick due to high Con
    Bard - Not really a good pick due to low Cha
    Cleric - Enhancements try to make up for NO racial Follower enhancement AND low Cha hurts some
    Fighter - a good pick due to high Con
    Paladin - Enhancements try to make up for NO racial Follower enhancement AND low Cha hurts some
    Ranger - nothing of benefit here from a Dwarf to my knowledge
    Rogue - High Con for more survivability, low Cha for pained UMD, No more Stonecunning for search now forced to take crappy Dragonmark feats for Kundark Search enhancements.
    Sorcerer - Low Cha for the lose
    Wizard - um yeah.. high con I guess helps when you **** the mob off.... for a whole whopping 14 extra HP with no armor class.

so it looks like we are good at melee type classes. NOT 2/3... 1/2 with a hit to 2 of the 4
    Last edited by Drailog; 07-31-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane

Wizard - um yeah.. high con I guess helps when you **** the mob off.... for a whole whopping 14 extra HP with no armor class.
    Hehe it adds up to a little more than 14 hit points. +2 to base CON, access to +2 more Dwarven CON, and if you take one toughness feat you can access Dwarven Toughness 1-4 for an extra 50 HP. Thats 94 hit points counting the toughness feat itself. Thats an entire extra mage lol.

Community Member

But Twerpp as a caster would you really take a race that only supplies you with HP and takes enhancements away from your damage output?

Ennervated,mind blasted,psionically dominated,encased in stone in the subterrane

But Twerpp as a caster would you really take a race that only supplies you with HP and takes enhancements away from your damage output?
    Well I dont usually max out any enhancement it's too expensive and you always pay for it by a sacrifice somewhere else. Just pointing out that its a lot more than 14 hp, and if you build smart Im sure you wouldnt sacrifice too much to be a little more crunchy. Any successful Dwarf Wiz's out there want to chime in?

Default I beg to differ

[snip]
    so it looks like we are good at melee type classes. NOT 2/3... 1/2 with a hit to 2 of the 4
    Trust me: I have played a Dwarven Wizard for RP purposes; the saves, racial sturdy for balance and (yes even) extra HP pay off.
    Sorry to bring up such an old post...

Be careful what you wish for, what you say is best; for sometimes what you seek is found, not at the end of the quest.
    I AM, -- the truthseeker

Community Member

That's really not a fair evaluation. Characters aren't 'classes', they are 'roles'. I can make a melee Wizard as easily as I can a caster Wizard (the comparable effectiveness of each is up for debate but irrelevant here). Saying a Dwarf is a bad Bard may be true for offensive caster Bards, but for buffer/melee Bards Dwarf is a bad mutha.

Dwarves are superior for the vast majority of roles that are played in DDO.

In response to your list, Dwarves make awesome Clerics and Paladins...everybody loves more Hit Points, Dwarven Armor Mastery can mean as much as +3 more AC, Dwarven Faith supplies more spell points, and then of course there are the axe enhancements...the -2 Cha is fairly irrelevant except for the most Cha-focused of these builds (DV-bots?)

Dwarves may also be the best Strength-based TWF Ranger race. Again, more Hit Points, higher AC, and axe enhancements.

So they took away our Racial Search in order to mplement Dragonmarks and give us Kundark Search.
    They did?

Maybe they took urs.. My dwarf still has his free racial search bonus. Infact its more powerful then the PnP version too. PnP give you +2 search when you search in stone areas.. DDOs version works everywhere.

We get +2 search for free, and the ability to enhance that further with racial enhancements.. Then if you want to go all out, you can even go the dragon mark, which stacks with all the other mods i mentioned. Good deal imo! Makes dwarf the best searchers next to drow (actualy slightly better if u get the dragonmark I think? )

Default Doos!

U know what....Doofs are WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYY OVERPOWERED! be ready for the nerf hammer......as 1 human (that has been hammerd) to another!

here's hoping ur hammer hits u as hard as the 1 that hit me!

The Bytcher~

Quote Originally Posted by Souless View Post
    U know what....Doofs are WWWWWAAAAAYYYYYYYY OVERPOWERED! be ready for the nerf hammer......as 1 human (that has been hammerd) to another!

here's hoping ur hammer hits u as hard as the 1 that hit me!

The Bytcher~
    Holy Necro Batman!!!! (and I think you get extra necro points for bringing up the human versatility nerf....)
    R.I.P. E.G.G. 3/4/08